Salary Cap Thread

capologist

I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible:

Currently, we have $19.398 under the cap as of 3/11 based on a cap of $120.6 million (per Jay Glazer and will be finalized 3/12)

I caveat that with the following:

1. Number does NOT include Brent Grimes $10.281 million franchise tag as he has not signed it. That number doesn't officially hit the books until he signs the tag agreement. That said, the team has to act "as if", it's signed.

2. This does not include the following contracts: Vince Manuwai and Lofa Tatupu.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this we are about 14 mil under. Minus the near 5 mil we have for the above 3 (I think its around there) we have plus or minus 9 mil to use in FA. That is assuming the cap doesn't go up.

This has Grimes included into the figure, but it doesn't have the Dunta restructure yet nor the Beirman and Snelling signings. It's not quite up to date yet. Give em a day or two.

According to this we are about 14 mil under. Minus the near 5 mil we have for the above 3 (I think its around there) we have plus or minus 9 mil to use in FA. That is assuming the cap doesn't go up.

Rumor is its going to 20.6

Not much of a increase. if thats the case.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/10/2012-cap-expected-to-be-120-6-million/

Basically it's Mario Williams and maybe a backup tackle. Most likely Mario will be our last signing. We are probably going to draft with the team we have now with some guys possibly getting cut.

You can all but guarantee Baker+Ovie will be gone. That frees up 5 mil right there. Hopefully we can work out a deal with Grimes soon too as that would almost certainly free up even more cap space.

I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible:

Currently, we have $21.186 under the cap as of 3/10 based on a cap of $120.6 million (per Jay Glazer and will be finalized 3/12)

I caveat that with the following:

1. Number does NOT include Brent Grimes $10.281 million franchise tag as he has not signed it. That number doesn't officially hit the books until he signs the tag agreement. That said, the team has to act "as if", it's signed.

2. This does not include the following contracts: Jason Snelling, Vince Manuwai and Lofa Tatupu.

Thanks for the update. Does this include the restructured deals like Dunta's? I forget who else pushed money into future years. I like break down and the format on Spotrac but it has been known to have incomplete data.

Basically it's Mario Williams and maybe a backup tackle. Most likely Mario will be our last signing. We are probably going to draft with the team we have now with some guys possibly getting cut.

yea.. Ovie and Baker are 5 mil

We are about to see whats going to happen with Baker... We will not keep him to be a backup... If we dont cut him... He will get a chance to compete for the LT position

Has anyone even been paying attention to what MS and TD are saying ?,They've already said that they are comfortable with Sam Baker at LT so pretty much he's not going anywhere.

Ive heard MS say that... I didnt hear TD say that tho.

I still remember when MS was talking up JA98.... So we will see what happens.. Maybe the injuries did hurt him

Ive heard MS say that... I didnt hear TD say that tho.

I still remember when MS was talking up JA98.... So we will see what happens.. Maybe the injuries did hurt him

I think you are right. Smith seems to either say something positive about a guy if asked directly but otherwise will not say anything at all. If the guy is still on the team it would be foolish for Smith to say Baker has stunk it up way before he had the injuries. No bird in hand yet to cut him and it would be hypocritical to preach team and unity while trashing a guy still on the roster.

Thanks for the update. Does this include the restructured deals like Dunta's? I forget who else pushed money into future years. I like break down and the format on Spotrac but it has been known to have incomplete data.

Yep, everything else is included except the most recent 3 contracts.

Reading all this I have to wonder how we expect to have enough to sign Mario. Can anyone explain, or give me an idea of what it's going to take to sign him? I was under the impression it would be 12+ mil.

That's just the average of what it would need to be. Large signing bonus with small base salaries would get the initial cap hit down in single digits. :)

Yeah a little after that post I looked at what Peppers will be getting this year. Hopefully we can convince him it's a good deal for him to come here, win and get paid later rather than going somewhere else and getting a large payday up front.

Edited by CDuB2009

Guest Fibonacci

We can still make williams fit. But there is still a lot of holes left. I think it would be a bad move. We should get a couple really good players instead of of one sneezing player. And williams is coming off of two seasons with injuries and they knocked him out of playing when they really needed him.

Also op does this include robinsons 1.7?

Would you mind giving a break down of they players we signed this year? And only what it is going to do this year.

Thanks

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

One final point of clarification: We didn't calculate these cap-space numbers from scratch. They are the official numbers as of Sunday

• Unless we restructure Matt, release Baker and Ovie, were not getting Mario. PFT seems pretty confident that were sitting with 5.8. Nicks may even be out of our budget.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk

One final point of clarification: We didn't calculate these cap-space numbers from scratch. They are the official numbers as of Sunday

• Unless we restructure Matt, release Baker and Ovie, were not getting Mario. PFT seems pretty confident that were sitting with 5.8. Nicks may even be out of our budget.

I guess that reflects Grimes being franchised?