Falcon's Roster

vel

Since we have signed, what seems to be, our MLB and RG we can assume, what if we sign Mario Williams? What would be the remaining roster holes?

This is assuming: no HD, McClure, Weems, Sanders, Hayden resigned as of right now. What would you look at in the draft with our second and third rounders now?

Using your assumptions my thoughts are

OC Hawley is the only one on the roster now --you assume no McClure

Backup free safety Tuimaunei is the only backup now --you assume no Sanders

OLT--- not convienced Svitek is the answer (nor Baker)

Edited by delaigle

Why is everyone automatically assuming Manuwai and Tatupu are going to be starters? To me they're just insurance policies in case Johnson and Dent don't work out. In any case, we'd still need to get an LT, DT, and a few other smaller holes to fill pending on who is and isn't re-signed.

Why is everyone willing to go with just 1 center?

Why does everyone say everyone when everyone doesn't think what everyone else does? huh.png

Why is everyone automatically assuming Manuwai and Tatupu are going to be starters? To me they're just insurance policies in case Johnson and Dent don't work out. In any case, we'd still need to get an LT, DT, and a few other smaller holes to fill pending on who is and isn't re-signed.

I've been wondering this too. OMG we signed players, they're automatically starters. I don't get this board.

Why does everyone say everyone when everyone doesn't think what everyone else does? huh.png

He specifically wrote "assume no McClure"

yet I'm the only responder to prioritize a center?

"everyone" slimpy referred to all of the other responders none of whom even mentioned a center

Edited by delaigle

"everyone" slimpy referred to the other responders none of whom even mentioned a center

"everyone" slimpy referred to the other responders none of whom even mentioned a center

I'd love to see us bring in Chris Myers from the Texans. I'd rather spend money @ C than OG.

Using your assumptions my thoughts are

OC Hawley is the only one on the roster now --you assume no McClure

Backup free safety Tuimaunei is the only backup now --you assume no Sanders

OLT--- not convienced Svitek is the answer (nor Baker)

Agreed. But I don't think they take one with the 2nd or 3rd if Hawley is going to be the guy. Neither a back up safety. I think those are depth positions you can fill later. 2nd and 3rd should be players. I don't see a LT worth taking in the second. That may be how we go though

If we SIGN Mario and Grimes signs his tender ...we are just about done ...we also have to bring in a back up QB veteran who will cost 2 mil against the cap ..I can see us drafting a Guard in 2nd round ...

Grimes will be back but I do think we would be done. I have no clue what we will target in the draft now if we bring in Williams. TE really is the only thing in my opinion

With the assumptions you listed, our roster holes would be just those - WR, C and secondary depth.

From that, I would go OL with our first pick.. Maybe a G to backup Manu and Blalock and then move Hawley to C.. Maybe resign Chambers who can back up both G and C spots.

Then I'd go DB in the 3rd.

I should mention that I'm fairly certain that we'll resign HD, so that makes one less hole at WR.

and so that will leave a lot less holes, even though I'm a little iffy abiut the C position with McClure gone.. It would be nice to get a good C like Chris Meyers, but I don't think that's the way we'll go this year. But we can hope!

I can't believe that so many of you are touitng for a WR, when we spend 5 picks on the position last year.

This team has massivfely overspent on WRs over the last decade. It's about time that we prioritised other positions - especially the OL. I'd also add a TE, LB, S, CB or RB before I look at WR.

I canlt believe that so many of you are touitng for a WR, when we spend 5 picks on the position last year.

Tis team has massivfely overspsnt on WRs over the last decade.

It's about time that we prioritised other positions - especially the OL.

Pretty much agree here. OL has to be fixed this year or all of the WR's in the world aren't going to matter. Tony G is our 3rd receiver anyway.

With the assumptions you listed, our roster holes would be just those - WR, C and secondary depth.

From that, I would go OL with our first pick.. Maybe a G to backup Manu and Blalock and then move Hawley to C.. Maybe resign Chambers who can back up both G and C spots.

Then I'd go DB in the 3rd.

I should mention that I'm fairly certain that we'll resign HD, so that makes one less hole at WR.

and so that will leave a lot less holes, even though I'm a little iffy abiut the C position with McClure gone.. It would be nice to get a good C like Chris Meyers, but I don't think that's the way we'll go this year. But we can hope!

You have Johnson and Jackson at OG. I don't think they go OG. I also think we resign HD too but this assumes we let him and Weems walk and get a slot WR in the draft.

I can't believe that so many of you are touitng for a WR, when we spend 5 picks on the position last year.

This team has massivfely overspent on WRs over the last decade. It's about time that we prioritised other positions - especially the OL. I'd also add a TE, LB, S, CB or RB before I look at WR.

If you actually read the OP instead of the replies, they are going off the scenario I presented. Right now, we have 3 WRs: Roddy, Jones, and Meier. Where do you get the other 2 WRs without drafting one if you let Weems and HD walk? I also assumed our RG spot is now filled with the recent signing. That leaves just LT, something I don't think gets filled in the 2nd. So what position is left on the OLine? Hawley is the Center so no center with the first two picks.

It's amazing how much this board lacks reading comp skills. It's not that hard.