Tatupu Is Signed

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports said he looked really good in the workout we gave him.... I guess the year off help his injuries...

With Lofton... I dont blame him if he wants to test the market.... Remember on the Radio.. No Hometown discounts... The problem for the falcons... If a team like Tampa throw 8 mil a year at him... We are not going to match that.

Lets see whats going to happen.... I know some are thinking depth with this signing but Dent is depth.

Reports said he looked really good in the workout we gave him.... I guess the year off help his injuries...

With Lofton... I dont blame him if he wants to test the market.... Remember on the Radio.. No Hometown discounts... The problem for the falcons... If a team like Tampa throw 8 mil a year at him... We are not going to match that.

Lets see whats going to happen.... I know some are thinking depth with this signing but Dent is depth.

No way is this a depth signing. He's coming here to start. I really like the move.

Im not saying we have to sign Mario or Nicks but I am saying Lofton not coming back imo is showing that we have the ammo to go after either one and will pursue them.

I said pursue not sign. I still believe Dent will be the starter but its going to be nice to have another option like Tatupa waiting just in case.

another sign that we are going to make a run at Super Mario!!!!!!

I would concur

I made a bet last night with Jay Adams on twitter that we would sign him after I heard the workout went so well.

So at training camp next year Jay owes me a snow cone...the sad part is I am not even sure if they sell snow cones at camp....

Edited by Bohern

My only concern is that if he was in such good shape how come the Saints didn't sign him after the workout he had with the?

Maybe bountygate?

anybody know why he did not play last year?

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

Because if there was anybody around here whose career warranted a ceremonial viking burial it was Lofa Tatupu, linebacker/leader/warrior chief.

According to the release from the Seahawks, the team and Tatupu “mutually parted ways” on Sunday. The team asked him to take a pay cut and he asked for his release in response.

Tatupu is the second fan favorite to see his Seattle career end this week, joining quarterback Matt Hasselbeck as a recent high-profile discard.

Tatupu gave the fans plenty to like.

Here was an undersized guy who became a true leader of this team the minute he stepped on the field. Seriously. Some Seahawks players marveled at how his presence and instincts set him apart on his very first day. He stepped on the field and immediately knew where everyone was supposed to be.

Respected around the league, he was voted to three Pro Bowls.

But the admiration for him was greatest in the locker room. There was no member of the Seahawks more reluctant to talk about himself or more eager to talk about a teammate.

Lofa Tatupu was all about the team.