Yasinskas Says Falcons Will Get Nicks

falcon057

Around the NFC South

March, 10, 2012

By Pat Yasinskas

Let's take a look at the top Saturday morning headlines from around the NFC South.

New Orleans guard Carl Nicks didn’t sound optimistic about his chances of returning to the Saints in this radio interview. He said the Saints seem to want to go in another direction. Nicks knows more about what has or hasn’t happened in talks so far. But I wouldn’t count Nicks out of New Orleans just yet. There’s still time for something to get done and sometimes things can change quickly when there is a sense of urgency.

Roddy White weighed in on the Saints’ bounty scandal. Surprisingly, the often-outspoken Atlanta receiver didn’t say anything controversial.

The Saints reportedly re-signed reserve defensive end Turk McBride.

Here’s a list of the Falcons’ top-10 salary-cap figures for 2012.

Scott Fowler has an excellent reflective piece on how the Carolina Panthers attempted to trade for Peyton Manning before he came out in the 1998 draft. The Panthers wanted to send Kerry Collins and draft picks to Indianapolis for the right to draft Manning. Obviously, no deal went down. But, imagine the possibilities? Dom Capers still might be coaching the Panthers and George Seifert’s disastrous reign never would have happened. Of course, the flip side is the Panthers probably wouldn’t have Cam Newton right now.

Here’s a look at a list of offensive linemen the Bucs could target in free agency. Ironically, I think there’s a better chance the top two guys on the list – Nicks and tackle Jared Gaither – end up with the Falcons instead of the Bucs.

Around the NFC South

March, 10, 2012

By Pat Yasinskas

Let's take a look at the top Saturday morning headlines from around the NFC South.

New Orleans guard Carl Nicks didn’t sound optimistic about his chances of returning to the Saints in this radio interview. He said the Saints seem to want to go in another direction. Nicks knows more about what has or hasn’t happened in talks so far. But I wouldn’t count Nicks out of New Orleans just yet. There’s still time for something to get done and sometimes things can change quickly when there is a sense of urgency.

Roddy White weighed in on the Saints’ bounty scandal. Surprisingly, the often-outspoken Atlanta receiver didn’t say anything controversial.

The Saints reportedly re-signed reserve defensive end Turk McBride.

Here’s a list of the Falcons’ top-10 salary-cap figures for 2012.

Scott Fowler has an excellent reflective piece on how the Carolina Panthers attempted to trade for Peyton Manning before he came out in the 1998 draft. The Panthers wanted to send Kerry Collins and draft picks to Indianapolis for the right to draft Manning. Obviously, no deal went down. But, imagine the possibilities? Dom Capers still might be coaching the Panthers and George Seifert’s disastrous reign never would have happened. Of course, the flip side is the Panthers probably wouldn’t have Cam Newton right now.

Here’s a look at a list of offensive linemen the Bucs could target in free agency. Ironically, I think there’s a better chance the top two guys on the list – Nicks and tackle Jared Gaither – end up with the Falcons instead of the Bucs.

Oh, reading comprehension, where art thou?

If that's all they do to up grade the o line, Mr. Blank will be looking for a refund. And TD will always have a job in the sales profession cause that would be one h3ll of a sales job. Guys yall like duct tape and sticks to fix all problems. All this talent on the O-fense and can't use it>wacko.png

I cant be the only one who thinks the signing on Manuwai means we are gonna try to go with what we have at RG? I saw that signing more as a cheap move to let us go all in for Mario.

I don't think we'll necessarily go with what we have but I don't think you'll see us make a super huge move at guard either...

Who? when? Doesn't happen

Just because it has happened doesn't mean we should be the one to tie up 15+ mil in cap hits every year in the OG positon.

If we didn't resign Blalock to a huge contract last year I'd be all for it, but Blalocks cap hit jumps to over 6 mil a year after this year and Nicks' cap hit is going to be 8-10 mil a year for the lifetime of his contract.

Do you want to take the next step? go to the super bowl? Behind the right line, we don't need to speed 15 mill on Fb and RB Right? Shouldn't we use our money on players that play on all snaps and have a greater impact with longer shelf life?

Edited by falcon057

Do you want to take the next step? go to the super bowl? Behind the right line, we don't need to speed 10 mill on Fb and RB Right? Shouldn't we use our money on players that play on all snaps and have a greater impact with longer shelf life?

Where did I suggest spending 10 mil on FB and RB? I think Ovie should be cut and I'm on the fence about Turner.

We have TWO defenders that make over 5 mil a year and they are both CBs. We have SIX on offense.

We aren't taking the next step unless our defense steps up, no matter how good the OL is. I want to spend money on the line, but I want to spend it at the LT spot, not on another G. You spend big money on premium positions. OT, DE, QB, ect.