2Nd Pic

Dr. Do Itch Big

On the one hand I think RG3's the type of prospect that's worth whatever it takes if you're clearly a franchise quarterback away from anything. On the other hand this feels like one of those situations where they bring him in, expect magic, and when he doesn't deliver they try to buy the necessary pieces instead of building around him and end up limiting his ability to develop with the rest of the offense. I think he's worth the price but I can't see the Redskins as they exist now doing anything with him.

Our staring Qb was Sexy Rex. Not saying we will win superbowls but I am estatic having RG3 should only help us. We need a wr and some o line depth and we are good. Hulu came on strong at the end of the season. Williams is a beast should hold down lt for a while, even if his a pot head. Defense was I believed ranked 13 last season, I could be way off but I feel the future is bright.

hefty price to pay, not like the deals Saints and Falcons Made , we had deep talent across the board to get by without a 1st rd pick this yr.... Skins dont

lets see how he does for you guys....

I know you guys have waited along time for someone to replace Joe T , atleast you got some superbowls outa Rypen and Williams...

but yea you need a face for your franchise....

hes it

After thinking about it for a min it might be worth it. Qbs that can scramble tend to open up the running game more because the ends can't crash down this can make the offense effective despite no major offensive weapons. He could turn the offense around right away, but if he turns out to be a bust the redskins are doomed for a long time.

Holy Jesus! The falcons gave up a lot for Julio but **** !

No ****! THREE #1's and a #2???? To move up 5 spots??? They most likely had to after seeing what the Browns had offered.

All I know is RGIII better be the second coming of Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Joe Namath & Junny Unitas combined to make this deal even close to being worth it!

A qb is the centerpiece of a team. You do whatever it takes to get that centerpiece. It's not like we're talking about a hefty trade for a Wr or Rb, (No offense Saints, Falcons). If Rg3 turns into a solid NFL player, then the Skins have the face of their franchise for 10+ years.

edit: Feels like forever , the last time the Skins had a qb that their fans could get excited about. I hope it works out for them. Personaly, I think rg3 is better than Luck.

Edited by pox 08

A qb is the centerpiece of a team. You do whatever it takes to get that centerpiece. It's not like we're talking about a hefty trade for a Wr or Rb, (No offense Saints, Falcons). If Rg3 turns into a solid NFL player, then the Skins have the face of their franchise for 10+ years.

If not, the choice could cost you 10 years trying to fix that trade. No price is to steep for a franchise QB when thats your #1 need. But every year we get bombarded with QB hype on who the next manning or who the next Brady is. Its a gamble no doubt.

1 team has a ton of more chips on the table though and that is the Rams. The skins might have been able to draft a QB still at their spot with out spending 3 more picks. All depends if your team is gonna commit to that player for a long time. The Skins did. They now have the face of their franchise.

It's only 2 first rounders really and a second. I don't care I'm happy now. RG3 will be the face of the franchise. If he pans out this trade is brilliance.

Just remember that. Because every INT he throws, the knifes will come out. Every bad throw he makes, The haters will come. I know a lot of skin fans. As long as they beat the cowboys and Eagles, they are cool. Thats like the only requirement at this time for a QB.

It's only 2 first rounders really and a second. I don't care I'm happy now. RG3 will be the face of the franchise. If he pans out this trade is brilliance.

Here we go again.......

The Redskins gave up 3 #1's and a #2.

4 Premium picks, all inside of the Top 64 no matter how your season ends.

4 PICKS

The teams didn’t disclose the terms. It widely has been reported that the Redskins will surrender the sixth overall pick in the 2012 draft, a second-round pick in 2012, a first-round pick in 2013, and a first-round pick in 2014.

wow..... If the skins make the playoffs each year that wont be to bad. But if its a low pick.

If i was the colts. Id be like "throw in another #2 and we will give you luck. We will just keep manning" :)

You make it sound like we don't have a #1 pick this year

Will the Redskins use their #1 to pick RG3?

If so, the compensation for RG3 will be your #1 in 2012, 2013 & 2014, plus your #2 in 2012.

4 picks.

Edited by SaintRay

You make it sound like we don't have a #1 pick this year

Oh, God. Not this again. Falcons' fans last year used this argument to make it seem like they didn't give up as much to get Julio Jones. "We only gave up four picks to get Julio. Stop saying we traded 5 picks.". No, you traded five picks to get one in return.

The Redskins gave up 3 #1s and a #2 to get RG3. Don't try to make it sound like they only gave up 2 #1s and a #2 since they got a #1 back and that it washes with one of the #1s they gave up.

Regardless... only time will tell if they gave up too much. I'm a big proponent of selecting WRs in the first round, so I thought no matter what... the Falcons gave up too much. In this case, it's a QB driven league. So if he turns into a star... the picks won't matter. If he's a stud, he'll make late round WRs look good. With that said, I do still think giving up 3 first rounders for one player is too much. And they gave up more than that.

I sure hope it works out for 'em Doc. What sucks is not knowing if it was worth it until a couple years down the road. IMO, RGIII is the kind of Qb that can make players around him better. All around Qb with a good head on his shoulders. Just a littlle pricey is all!

I sure hope it works out for 'em Doc. What sucks is not knowing if it was worth it until a couple years down the road. IMO, RGIII is the kind of Qb that can make players around him better. All around Qb with a good head on his shoulders. Just a littlle pricey is all!

When you think about it, it's the ONLY move they could really make that would save Shannahan's job! Without a franchise QB the Redskins are dead in the water as long as Snyder's meddling *** owns the team. Plus this buys Shanahan another 3 years of crappy football while RGIII takes his lumps. Don't tell me that wasn't going through Shanny's thick head when they made this trade!

When you think about it, it's the ONLY move they could really make that would save Shannahan's job! Without a franchise QB the Redskins are dead in the water as long as Snyder's meddling *** owns the team. Plus this buys Shanahan another 3 years of crappy football while RGIII takes his lumps. Don't tell me that wasn't going through Shanny's thick head when they made this trade!

Oh I agree, Shannahan needs this to work more than anyone! I hate to say it, but if anyone can screw this up for 'em, it'd be Snyder. Can't say that I know a whole lot about the Skins, but I know enough to know that Snyder has done more harm than good for the Redskins Org.

Oh I agree, Shannahan needs this to work more than anyone! I hate to say it, but if anyone can screw this up for 'em, it'd be Snyder. Can't say that I know a whole lot about the Skins, but I know enough to know that Snyder has done more harm than good for the Redskins Org.

That's pretty much the case! As long as he owns that team along with all the bad karma he creates, there is NO WAY they ever reach the top!

That's pretty much the case! As long as he owns that team along with all the bad karma he creates, there is NO WAY they ever reach the top!

Thats pretty effin sad that someone's ego can ruin a Franchise! Maybe WFW can let him borrow that pump his Dr. got him over in Singapor? biggrin.png