Manning To Denver?

Googlywoogly

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20138824/peyton-manning-visit-john-elway-broncos-today

Peyton Manning was in the building.

The free-agent quarterback arrived by Pat Bowlen's private plane about 1:35 p.m. today at the Centennial Airport. Accompanying Manning on the flight in were Broncos' front-office boss John Elway, head coach John Fox, general manager Brian Xanders and offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.

I just don't see it happening and it has nothing to do with Tebow and everything to do with John Fox. Fox is about as conservative as George W. Bush and it's hard to imagine Fox letting Peyton come out and run the offense the way he wants to and take chances and everything that goes along with it.

fox would be a fool if he looked at his team and said he would be better with anyone they have or can get vs manning regardless of their offensive philosophy

I still think the Dolphins are the best fit. They have just about every piece except QB. And Peyton has a home in Miami and Reggie Wayne is from University of Miami.

I can see Peyton and Wayne signing with Miami. Then you'd have Peyton, Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Reggie Bush, and Jake Long in the same offense. Then you have their defense which was very solid last year under Nolan. Now it is run by one of Nolan's guys in pretty much the same scheme. Pretty d*** good. Miami with Peyton is a Super Bowl contender and they CAN beat the Patriots. With a QB like Peyton they can keep up offensively with the Patriots but the Dolphins D is far superior to the Patriots D.

Arizona has a crap O-line and not enough cap space. I doubt Peyton once to have a swiss cheese O-line and risk further injury.

Denver is an interesting dark horse as it would allow them to have a clean break from Tebow. The rest of the Bronco team is pretty solid.

Denver's defense is not nearly as good as it looked at times last year and they don't have any top notch receivers. Plus Denver's OL is not good. Sure Tebow created a lot of those sacks himself but there were also a ton of sacks that he didn't have a chance. Damaryius Thomas has talent but drops way too many passes and Eric Decker has good hands and runs decent routes but isn't that fast. Again. I just don't know what Peyton sees in Denver.

Again I just don't understand why Peyton is going to the Broncos. It has to be all about the green backs because the Niners and Titans are better teams than the Broncos hands down. If it were about going to the place where he could win he would have gone to the Niners or Titans or even the Dolphins.

The Broncos become contenders with Manning at the helm. They have a great defensive team and will probably continue to improve the offense. They made it to the second round of the playoffs with Tebow "under center" and could go even farther now with Peyton.

The unmentioned factor here could be long-term future plans. Colorado has some of the best places in the nation to raise a family. Also, with Elway now in the front office, I could see a very symbiotic relationship with Manning after he hangs up his cleats. He could become the future O.C. and eventual H.C. there.

I doubt money was the ultimate factor since the Titans supposedly offered him a blank check...

The Broncos become contenders with Manning at the helm. They have a great defensive team and will probably continue to improve the offense. They made it to the second round of the playoffs with Tebow "under center" and could go even farther now with Peyton.

The unmentioned factor here could be long-term future plans. Colorado has some of the best places in the nation to raise a family. Also, with Elway now in the front office, I could see a very symbiotic relationship with Manning after he hangs up his cleats. He could become the future O.C. and eventual H.C. there.

I doubt money was the ultimate factor since the Titans supposedly offered him a blank check...

But that team is severely overrated. That defense is not nearly as good as it showed at times. Counting the playoffs the Broncos had 5 games where they gave up 40 plus points. The finished 20th in yards per game given up. They finished 24th in points per game given up. The offensive line is horrible in pass potection. Demaryius Thomas is the only overly talented receiver they have and he drops a ton of passes. Tebow was not given enough credit for what the Broncos were able to do.

Manning didn't go to the Niners because he didn't want to be in the same conference as Eli? Why? Could he not handle the pressure?

Manning didn't go to the Dolphins because he didn't want to be in the same division as Brady? Why? Could be not handle the pressure?

Manning didn't go to the Titans because he didn't want the destraction of going back home to Tennessee so to speak? Why? Could he not handle the pressure?

Peyton has always struggled in bad weather games. It's one of the man reasons he's not had more playoff success. Well the weather in Denver in December and January isn't going to be pretty.

But that team is severely overrated. That defense is not nearly as good as it showed at times. Counting the playoffs the Broncos had 5 games where they gave up 40 plus points. The finished 20th in yards per game given up. They finished 24th in points per game given up. The offensive line is horrible in pass potection. Demaryius Thomas is the only overly talented receiver they have and he drops a ton of passes. Tebow was not given enough credit for what the Broncos were able to do.

Manning didn't go to the Niners because he didn't want to be in the same conference as Eli? Why? Could he not handle the pressure?

Manning didn't go to the Dolphins because he didn't want to be in the same division as Brady? Why? Could be not handle the pressure?

Manning didn't go to the Titans because he didn't want the destraction of going back home to Tennessee so to speak? Why? Could he not handle the pressure?

Peyton has always struggled in bad weather games. It's one of the man reasons he's not had more playoff success. Well the weather in Denver in December and January isn't going to be pretty.

The weather in Denver during the winter months is a whole lot easier to deal with than the winter months in Tennessee, I guarantee you that. It might look worse, but it's not. You should come out and visit us here and I'll show you what I mean.

As far as the Broncos defense goes, I would guess that I had a better perspective on them since I live in their market area. Their defense wasn't as bad as the stats suggest, but it was as good as it looked on the field.

The weather in Denver during the winter months is a whole lot easier to deal with than the winter months in Tennessee, I guarantee you that. It might look worse, but it's not. You should come out and visit us here and I'll show you what I mean.

As far as the Broncos defense goes, I would guess that I had a better perspective on them since I live in their market area. Their defense wasn't as bad as the stats suggest, but it was as good as it looked on the field.

I know Tennessee has bad winters. I wasn't saying they didn't. I was just saying if you're going to deal with that then go to Tennessee where there is better chance at winning.

And I didn't get to see a lot of the Broncos games. I got to see the last 5 or 6 games of the Broncos season and I wasn't impressed one bit with the Broncos defense.

I know Tennessee has bad winters. I wasn't saying they didn't. I was just saying if you're going to deal with that then go to Tennessee where there is better chance at winning.

And I didn't get to see a lot of the Broncos games. I got to see the last 5 or 6 games of the Broncos season and I wasn't impressed one bit with the Broncos defense.

Their defense was the only thing that kept them in the hunt down the stretch. If they hadn't, Tebow wouldn't have had the opportunity to have those final drive heroics. Trust me, the defense is better than what you saw.