Offical Rivals Fa Activity Thread

falconsd56

Ok guys and girls lets use this to list the transactions your team has done and we can talk about them.

So far the weekend before FA the Falcons have resigned:

Snelling

Beirman

Decoud

Tagged Grimes

We also just signed Vincent Manuwai

So far pretty busy and FA does not even start for a couple of days.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys and girls lets use this to list the transactions your team has done and we can talk about them.

So far the weekend before FA the Falcons have resigned:

Snelling

Beirman

Decoud

Tagged Grimes

We also just signed Vincent Manuwai

So far pretty busy and FA does not even start for a couple of days.

So far the only Free Agents we've done anything with was to tag, Conor Barth, and re-sign Jeremy Zuttah. Both good moves. We have no other free agents worth keeping.

What I'd love to see by the Zuttah re-sign is move him from guard to center (he can play anywhere on the line which makes him even more valueable) sign Carl Nicks to take his place at guard and release Jeff Faine.

It looks like the Falcons are doing what they need to do to keep their core players together. That's what we did back in the day when we had players worth keeping.rolleyes.gif

We also just signed LB Lofa Tatupu.

looks like Lofton might go bye bye sad.png

If he is healthy it could be a great signing. He was balling in Seattle before he got hurt.

Tatupu was a helluva player when he first came in the league the same year Barrett Ruud did. Not so much lately.

I'd like to see us a make a strong play for Lofton but I'm not holdin' my breath!

Edited by jb.069

Tatupu was a helluva player when he first came in the league the same year Barrett Ruud did. Not so much lately.

I'd like to see us a make a strong play for Lofton but I'm not holdin' my breath!

Yeah, that back injury in 09 messed him up.

If he is healthy he is a steal, if not...camp body.

All reports though is he looked great in the work out so if the Fo believes he is healthy then we may let lofton test the waters........and with Tampa's deep pockets they could make a big play.

As I said in another thread, if Tampa is smart the go full bore after guys like Nicks, Colston, Lofton etc.

Any time you can get better by hurting your division rivals you should do it.

I wonder what the falcons saw that no other team over the last year has. IMO Lofton is as good as gone and they aren't so sure about what they have in Dent. From my perspective this is a step back for the Falcons, and hopefully Jerry bring Curtis to Dallas.

i love lofton as much as anyone, but i tell you what they see

when lofton is forced to drop

he is not the beast he is vs The Run

someone will get a great run stuffing MLB

Falcons will be spending their money in other places

I'm not wondering what they see in Lofton. I wonder what they saw in tatupu.

they saw something

like i said earlier

they do know what they have in Dent

Last yr he was pretty dam impressive on STs

very fast and a very very sure tackler

they were trying to find ways to get him on the field at the end of last season

he will have a shot to compete with Lofa no matter how good he looked at Workout 3 days ago...

i love lofton as much as anyone, but i tell you what they see

when lofton is forced to drop

he is not the beast he is vs The Run

someone will get a great run stuffing MLB

Falcons will be spending their money in other places

That's the big knock on him. He's a 2 down linebacker. I forget who said it but they brought up a good point when this was mentioned and their reply was, "Well, you have to have players that force your opponent to a 3rd down"!

Lofton is one of my favorite players and I really don't want to see him go. He is one he77 of an athlete. Why doesn't anyone believe he can improve in pass coverage? Nolan is going to run a completely different defensive scheme that Lofton might just flourish in. IMO Lofton is certainly in the top 10 MLB's right now and possibly top 6 or 7. I wish he brought more leadership and fire vocally, but he doesn't lack any fire in his play.

Guest Dtan. Man with a Plan

Lofton is headed to the Bucs.

I'll miss "The Police" on downs 1 and 2.

But on 3rd and long.

It will be nice to have someone who has some semblance of a chance to cover a TE.

I find it comical that some are discounting what Lofton has been for the Falcons

http://www.nfl.com/p...t/2495276/draft

What Falcons fan is discrediting what Lofton has done in Atlanta?

The only thing I have read that's remotely close to that crap is his coverage leaves a lot to be desired.

Lofton wants $8M a year, if Atlanta is gonna make a push for Williams or Nicks, we cannot afford him. Besides, I think Weatherspoon will be taking over his spot after the 2012 season.

The only thing I have read that's remotely close to that crap is his coverage leaves a lot to be desired.

Lofton wants $8M a year, if Atlanta is gonna make a push for Williams or Nicks, we cannot afford him. Besides, I think Weatherspoon will be taking over his spot after the 2012 season.

I see Dent taking over his spot, maybe as soon as this yr.....

I love when people make a challenge then run away when somebody steps up to take that challenge. Don't You?

questions will start to be answered in 12 HRs .....

My Predictions for South

C Nicks to Dallas

J Abraham to Carolina

C Lofton to Tampa Bay

M Williams to Atlanta

Williams is Chicago's #1 fa priority, if the Falcons sign him it's going to be at an inflated price. You sure you want that? I suppose with the loss of Abraham you all have to find someone to fill that spot. Next season You don't want to be in a position like some teams, where they have to start dumping contracts to get under the cap.

Guest Dtan. Man with a Plan

Williams will not go to the Bears,

They already have 2 excellent DEs.

A return to Houston is far more likely.