Matt Ryan

Lol let's not get carried away here. this could them making just enough room to get Lofton's deal done. I'm hoping it's for something BIGGER, but you never know.

How about first clearing space for Grimes' contract which still isn't done, not that I don't like Lofton.

I'm no capologist, but I think so. I think it just pushes $ back into later years of contracts, but it can be compensated with other players contracts that will expire in the future.

My understanding is that they guarantee a part of the contract so that they can spread it out equally for the remaining years of the contract.. or something along those lines

I'm no capologist, but I think so. I think it just pushes $ back into later years of contracts, but it can be compensated with other players contracts that will expire in the future.

Here's the scoop.... the Salary Cap will be going up by a quite a bit after this season, then a lot more in about 3 years. Just like TD was the first GM to understand how to manipulate the draft trade to go up to get a legit superstar last year right when the rookie cap was taking effect, he is also setting us up to be a FA player this year with enough money to get it done. While we will be set to get through the next 3 seasons or so til the money goes up a lot.

But report was they weren't even working on a MR extension.

There were no reports about Grimes getting franchised, Decoud getting resigned or anything else really, either.

I'm sure they're gonna work on resigning FA's before getting to Ryan. We don't have to be under the cap til a certain date. It's the least of their concerns right now,