Lofa Tatupu

timco

Or they want to spend less money to bring in Mario! YEEESSS FIRST TO MENTION MARIO IN THIS THREAD!!!

I think a signing like Williams will help soften the Lofton hit. Lofton is a beast but with Williams rushing the passer, the defense, overall, will improve. Less time for the LB's and DB's to cover receivers. I am hearing that Dent is goos as a run stopper as well.

yo still here meyer?? congrats on the super bowl win, takes the sting out of losing to you some lol.

yo still here meyer?? congrats on the super bowl win, takes the sting out of losing to you some lol.

yea man this is my favorite time to be on message boards. Now are when teams are built lol

Just popped in today, i needed some new material to talk about while im at work. Giants boards are too boring now.

and than kya brother. I told u guys to cheer for us and it would be better feeling for u in the long run lol

IMPRESSIVE. That sounds good. I would be disappointed if Lofton can not stay at a reasonable price, but if we can get MW and have a veteran in Tatupu and a youngin in the wings in Dent then I would be biggrin.png .

Probably just means we're on two different pages in terms of what Lofton wants and what we're offering..

crowder is perfect for a combination in a 43 of weatherspoon crowder and nicholas for pure passion on the field. that's ALOT of energy and leadership which the linebacking corps is the heart of the defense. the rest of the team would feed of that. aslong as crowder has kept in good physical shape.

Edited by MattRyan2Canton

Dent would beat him out.

There is a reason that Lofa was cut a year ago and nobody has signed him.

As someone above mentioned....I read that his knees are shot

he did have a full year to recover... he may be good to go.

I also read Driver had a similiar surgery and was able to come back fine

I hope that if they pull the trigger on this guy that they offer him a logical contract due to being out a year with a knee condition. Obviously he would have a great workout with the rest but the question is could he sustain that type of activity throughout an entire season of football to include the preseason and camp (if applicable).

At this point, we should just let Lofton go. I hate to say it but the man is looking to get paid and we should just cut ties. The thing that I hate the most is thinking that he will go to another team and breakout. Especially if he went to the Eagles or Bucs. That would make me sick.

I agree with most of the posters on here about Williams though. If we can get him for a reasonable deal (yes, I understand that you have to pay more than market value), that would completely override the whole loss of Lofton. I do think that we will find a veteran presence in our LB corps.

Tatupu would be a good backup if healthy. Let Dent get some snaps.