If I Took Out A Bounty On Someone. I Go To Jail...right?

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci

Ok sorry but I just was thinking, if I took a bounty out on someone then I got jail, right??? well when is williams and vilma and the rest of these guys getting away with it, kind of? sure draft picks, fines, suspensions. but If I was to do it, then I get sued and my butt thrown in jail.

and if they want to say jail is to harsh. then why where they so harsh on Vick? I am not a vick fan. but I do not agree with how long he got nor how the NFL treated him.

furthermore I will also say how I love hard hitting. I just hate it they were out to do it illegally and hurt others. Cause I highly agree with a LB slamming a player so he does not try that cross route again; but I don't like the illegal crap.

also they bring up favre so much in this case. well then why not look at those refs from that game. Cause shouldn't they have been the ones calling for late hits, etc.???

again sorry for another thread on this. but I just want to get y'alls thoughts.

Ok sorry but I just was thinking, if I took a bounty out on someone then I got jail, right??? well when is williams and vilma and the rest of these guys getting away with it, kind of? sure draft picks, fines, suspensions. but If I was to do it, then I get sued and my butt thrown in jail.

and if they want to say jail is to harsh. then why where they so harsh on Vick? I am not a vick fan. but I do not agree with how long he got nor how the NFL treated him.

furthermore I will also say how I love hard hitting. I just hate it they were out to do it illegally and hurt others. Cause I highly agree with a LB slamming a player so he does not try that cross route again; but I don't like the illegal crap.

also they bring up favre so much in this case. well then why not look at those refs from that game. Cause shouldn't they have been the ones calling for late hits, etc.???

again sorry for another thread on this. but I just want to get y'alls thoughts.

Well like was said before, if you just ran up and tackled someone you would probably go to jail, at least for a night.

I do think the bounty is much more of a fine situation. What they do naturally causes injury, but they are intending to inflict injury. Despicable, but not necessarily a crime cause its like apples and oranges.

Guest Fibonacci

Well like was said before, if you just ran up and tackled someone you would probably go to jail, at least for a night.

I do think the bounty is much more of a fine situation. What they do naturally causes injury, but they are intending to inflict injury. Despicable, but not necessarily a crime cause its like apples and oranges.

Yes I do agree as well.

but a bounty is a bounty. which should result in jail last I checked. I mean there is different bounties. one is for hurting someone and the other is death. both still put you in jail for different amounts of time though.

Guest TheIdowu

OP, do not concern yourself with it. Remember this, you reap what you sow. Each person will receive in life the fruit of the seeds they have sown. Even if the NFL does not exact appropriate punishment for all involved, they will still receive their due penalty. It could mean their conscience eating away at them later in life. Can a real, true man honestly look himself in the mirror and say he performed his job with integrity, if, in fact, he did not?

This thread is monumentally stupid. LMAO @ "a bounty is a bounty." No, it's not. Acting like Vilma was laying in the bushes from a hundred yards out with a sniper rifle or some ****. I guess we should arrest every single hockey player that throws a punch at someone from now on. Because after all, "assault and battery is assault and battery" amirite?

This is such a society of buzzwords and catchphrases and people are so stupid that once they hear one it's all they remember. Nobody was paying these guys to off someone, they were getting incentives for knocking someone out of a game...LEGALLY. If Saints players were blatantly flying around the field throwing their helmets at guys' knees trying to tear them up and end their career or if they were constantly launching themselves at someone for a headshot then MAYBE there would be some grounds for a lawsuit or something.

Wanting violent people to be thrown in jail for playing a sport that celebrates violence is b**** made. Football is getting gayer and gayer by the second. In 10 years it's going to be on par with soccer.

I don't think it's that stupid of a thread. But the examples are just two different context. The bounty placed in society is not the same as a bounty in football. The bounty in football is aiming to intentionally harm other individuals, but still within the confines of the sport (mostly). A lot of the Saints hits were "technically" clean, that's why it took time to catch them. HeIl, Williams has done this at 2 prior stops before getting caught at his last. Plus, football is already a violent sport so you can blur the lines easier.

A bounty in society is to maliciously harm, mame, or kill a person (similar). But the difference is that society is not naturally violent. There are other ways to handle a situation. There aren't many other ways to tackle a guy. It's just like how fighting in society lands you in jail but fighting in hockey is encouraged. Two different context.

Guest Fibonacci

Billy pilgrim......Ummmm rock throwing and not knowing how to read must be your thing and using the stupid word.....anyhow Let me say it again. I was saying a bounty is a bounty, when referring if someone "outside of football" tackled someone on the streets.

now your commit about assualt and battery is assualt and battery. ummmm you do realize that when you get in a fight "YOU" will just go to the principal office.

now before anyone else gets there panties in a wad. which I don't think will happen; but just in case. let me just clarify this topic is somewhat for a good laugh. Yes I understand that this is football. Furthermore I understand the roman coliseum. I know that some things inside of a sport/job is allowed to happen.

Guest Fibonacci

Unless you were Bobba Fett, then a lot of folk would have your back!

does this guy work??? LOL this camera guy makes me LMAO.

Offering money to someone for injuring another person is illegal, and the fact that it happens on a football field doesn't make it legal. It may be hard to prove intent in a court of law, so the offending players should be safe. But guys like Vilma and Williams, who offered money for injuries have legitimate exposure to criminal and civil prosecution.

Thanks for the information listening to some of you

1) it ok to buy bounties to injure another pl;ayer during a football game

2) fist fights and hockey stick fights are ok during a game

I think during the 3 inning at my next baseball game I'm going to take that 2nd baseman out with my bat.. You'll seem to think it's all part of the game. and the law should not apply during a game.

Where do YOU draw the line?????

all sports equal cage fightrs???

Edited by delaigle

Guest Fibonacci

Offering money to someone for injuring another person is illegal, and the fact that it happens on a football field doesn't make it legal. It may be hard to prove intent in a court of law, so the offending players should be safe. But guys like Vilma and Williams, who offered money for injuries have legitimate exposure to criminal and civil prosecution.

I agree. well we know I would. LOL

anyhow in mine and your eyes we think it is hard to prove it. but in all honesty it is not that hard. I mean someone sued mcdonalds for not having the word hot on there coffee. a person sued my local wal-mart because they ask walmart to remove a few bands to the watch and it did not fit......the watch did not fit so the sued and won. WTH????

so anyhow seems to me this wouldn't be so hard for Favre if he took this to court against vilma. cause he has pictures of his ribs.......but it could hurt him with one picture though. LMAO

Guest Fibonacci

I think during the 3 inning at my next baseball game I'm going to take that 2nd baseman out with my bat.. You'll seem to think it's all part of the game. and the law should not apply during a game.

+100000000

that is hillarious. start the video at 0:30

"it's all cool everyone. I am allowed to beat this guy death. its baseball)

Yes I do agree as well.

but a bounty is a bounty. which should result in jail last I checked. I mean there is different bounties. one is for hurting someone and the other is death. both still put you in jail for different amounts of time though.

If the bounty was for them to assault a player in their hotel room before the game, they would go to jail.

Sack incentives in a player's contract are a type of bounty. Bounties are only illegal if you are paying somebody to break the law. Causing injury on a football field is not against the law. The government offers bounties for capturing fugitives. Bounty hunters make a career off of collecting bounties. Bounties are not illegal unless they are rewarding an illegal act.

If the bounty was for them to assault a player in their hotel room before the game, they would go to jail.

Sack incentives in a player's contract are a type of bounty. Bounties are only illegal if you are paying somebody to break the law. Causing injury on a football field is not against the law. The government offers bounties for capturing fugitives. Bounty hunters make a career off of collecting bounties. Bounties are not illegal unless they are rewarding an illegal act.

Vilma laying 10 K down and saying that whoever took Favre out of the game got the 10K is illegal. It would be illegal outside of football, it's illegal inside of football.

May be impossible to bring him to trial because of the difficulty in proving intent, but it 's still illegal.

Pitchers bean batters all of the time in baseball. They do it intentionally. If he's not on a baseball field, that's assault. Hockey players get into fist fights all of the time. If they are not playing hockey, it's assault.

The line is drawn by the rules of the game. If a player walks out during the coin toss, picks an opposing player up and drops him on his head, he will face criminal chargers. If a player hits another player during the game, he's not going to face criminal charges. In baseball, if you go dropkick an opponent during the Star Spangled Banner, you will face charges. If Boxers boc outside the ring, they face charges. All sports require the players to sign contracts and waivers that accept the possibility of them being hurt or injured while taking part in that game. They accept that possibility when walking out on the field immune from legal recourse.

Even Haynesworth did not face assault charges for stomping on Gurodes head causing stitches. That was on video, not even during the play, with criminal intent. That was not something that happened during a play and should be criminal but I'm sure the league's legal waivers somehow made him immune to legal recourse. And before you say about where's the line drawn again and why not just shoot other players, the waivers would never be approved legally for that to happen.

Guest Fibonacci

Vilma laying 10 K down and saying that whoever took Favre out of the game got the 10K is illegal. It would be illegal outside of football, it's illegal inside of football.

May be impossible to bring him to trial because of the difficulty in proving intent, but it 's still illegal.

like I said maxatlanta. I do not think it would be to hard to make this happen. furthermore I bet someone will end up taking one of these players to court. in fact look at Kurt warners. they recieved a lump sum of money to take out Kurt warner and it ended his career. Kurt could sue for pain and suffering of how long he could have continued to play. and then a ton of other law suits as well. so I do not think it would be that hard to prove.

I agree. well we know I would. LOL

anyhow in mine and your eyes we think it is hard to prove it. but in all honesty it is not that hard. I mean someone sued mcdonalds for not having the word hot on there coffee. a person sued my local wal-mart because they ask walmart to remove a few bands to the watch and it did not fit......the watch did not fit so the sued and won. WTH????

so anyhow seems to me this wouldn't be so hard for Favre if he took this to court against vilma. cause he has pictures of his ribs.......but it could hurt him with one picture though. LMAO

OP, do not concern yourself with it. Remember this, you reap what you sow. Each person will receive in life the fruit of the seeds they have sown. Even if the NFL does not exact appropriate punishment for all involved, they will still receive their due penalty. It could mean their conscience eating away at them later in life. Can a real, true man honestly look himself in the mirror and say he performed his job with integrity, if, in fact, he did not?

That's just way too metaphysical. And way too charitable as well. Skin them now so the rest of us can appreciate it.

Guest Fibonacci

Pitchers bean batters all of the time in baseball. They do it intentionally. If he's not on a baseball field, that's assault. Hockey players get into fist fights all of the time. If they are not playing hockey, it's assault.

The line is drawn by the rules of the game. If a player walks out during the coin toss, picks an opposing player up and drops him on his head, he will face criminal chargers. If a player hits another player during the game, he's not going to face criminal charges. In baseball, if you go dropkick an opponent during the Star Spangled Banner, you will face charges. If Boxers boc outside the ring, they face charges. All sports require the players to sign contracts and waivers that accept the possibility of them being hurt or injured while taking part in that game. They accept that possibility when walking out on the field immune from legal recourse.

Even Haynesworth did not face assault charges for stomping on Gurodes head causing stitches. That was on video, not even during the play, with criminal intent. That was not something that happened during a play and should be criminal but I'm sure the league's legal waivers somehow made him immune to legal recourse. And before you say about where's the line drawn again and why not just shoot other players, the waivers would never be approved legally for that to happen.

cool thanks for letting me know how it works.

so next time swift or dome of pain say something stupid. then I can offer them to a game of curling? and go beat the tar out of them because it was inside the game? right?

LMAO

Edited by Fibonacci

cool thanks for letting me know how it works.

so next time swift or dome of pain say something stupid. then I can offer them to a game of curling? and go beat the tar out of them because it was inside the game? right?

LMAO

If there's a legally approved waiver signed by all parties allowing full contact and absolving the competitors, yes, absolutely. How do you think MMA exists? Do you think every MMA fighter should be thrown in prison? They have legal waivers in the contracts fighters must sign before entering the sport. You can legally kick a person in the head during the sport because the contracts of the sport permit as such without legal consequences (like tackling in football).

MMA is the perfect example. If you agree to fight somebody in your backyard with no legally approved waivers and contracts signed by the fighters, you would both face criminal assault charges. Yet you can engage in the exact same sport on national TV or in a gym that teaches MMA because all of the contracts and waivers are legally approved.

If Swift or Dome say something stupid, you can challenge them to a fight MMA style and legally beat the crap out of them inside a gym after they sign the waivers/contracts. There would not be legal recourse for you or them if any of you sustain injuries participating within the confines of the contract. If you pick up a crowbar and hit them, you would face criminal charges because weopons are not legally approved within those contracts.

Is it really that difficult to understand? It is not illegal to offer a bounty. As a matter of fact, UFC offers a bounty for every fight. If you KO or submit your opponent, you get a bigger purse.

Guest Fibonacci

If there's a legally approved waiver signed by all parties allowing full contact and absolving the competitors, yes, absolutely. How do you think MMA exists? Do you think every MMA fighter should be thrown in prison? They have legal waivers in the contracts fighters must sign before entering the sport. You can legally kick a person in the head during the sport because the contracts of the sport permit as such without legal consequences (like tackling in football).

MMA is the perfect example. If you agree to fight somebody in your backyard with no legally approved waivers and contracts signed by the fighters, you would both face criminal assault charges. Yet you can engage in the exact same sport on national TV or in a gym that teaches MMA because all of the contracts and waivers are legally approved.

If Swift or Dome say something stupid, you can challenge them to a fight MMA style and legally beat the crap out of them inside a gym after they sign the waivers/contracts. There would not be legal recourse for you or them if any of you sustain injuries participating within the confines of the contract. If you pick up a crowbar and hit them, you would face criminal charges because weopons are not legally approved within those contracts.

Is it really that difficult to understand? It is not illegal to offer a bounty. As a matter of fact, UFC offers a bounty for every fight. If you KO or submit your opponent, you get a bigger purse.

I follow you. but the MMA is for fighting. that is what you go in to do.

if bounties are ok in sports like you said for MMA. then why is the NFL making a huge deal out of it??? see there is a grawy line here. even the NFL offers chairs and etc. so I guess it is all ok to have a brawl bar fight as well? again I say a gray line here.

and you keep saying it is in there contract. I would actually like to see this prof. I understand MMA the way they work, and I understand how you get paid more for breaking a guys leg; but it is not called a bounty. it is the same as a NFL player going to the pro bowl...NOT a bounty. it would turn into a bounty program when a outside person of the league or other players said "hey here is 10 grand, I want you to rip out his eyes"; that is a bounty. but when they get paid more for by the organization for breaking a guys arm, then that is just the same as an NFL player going to the pro bowl.

back to the contracts having them. I have noticed some contracts that state playing football. If you get hurt while doing anything associated with your football playing skills and get hurt, then you can not sue the organization. there is nothing I have ever seen to where you can not take a player to court for doing an illegal action. again I state if this was all ok to do, then why is the NFL doing something about it???

also I have even seen jobs make people sign contracts to where that type of job may put injuries on you and you cannot sue them. for instance road construction on the mills. there is actually a contract that states once you watched a safety video, then you can not sue the company. but if another worker comes and throws you under a car, does not mean you cannot sue that person. The contract is only from not suing the organization, not players.