Your Opinion On Michael Turner

Your Opinion on Michael Turner  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you rank Michael Turner among NFL RB's?

• Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 15
    • Top 20
    • Below 20

I'd put him around 25th as far as NFL RB's go.

Fred Jackson, Daniel Thomas, Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Ben Tate, MJD, CJ, Darren McFadden, Ryan Matthews, DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch.

Edited by Creative

Based on his role (i.e. pound him behind a FB 300 times a year) I couldn't name five better - mots of your list would break down under the workload.

Based on overall production of a RB, probably top 15 but RAPIDLY slowing down.

The fact that we use(d?) the RB in an early-90's offense is either down to play design or Turner's skillset. We'll see this year.

Edited by FalcoChicquera

Daniel Thoams rookie .. not better then Turner

Demarco Murray .. next Norwood I love both backs but they are glass. not better then Turner

Fred Jackson .. 2 good seasons . Better all around back tho

Ryan Matthews , D Will - not better then Turner

Tate - is a backup rb . Not better then Turner

You like all around backs . Turner takes a hit cause he doesnt catch ball out of backfield

but you are disregarded how important is to stay healthy and get those Carries

Turner is a 7-12 rb

AP

MJD

CJ

Forte

McCoy

Gore

Jackson

he fall right behind there

Sorry, but that's rubbish. Durability is a skill and many of your backs simply couldn't take 300 carries a year without getting hurt.

Good point, but I think any of the ones I posted would be better for us in 2012 because we have Snelling and Quizz to take 120ish of those 300.

Edited by Creative

Tate is also in a cut back/ cut block run system that Stevie Wonder can run 1k yars through

Not taking anything away from Foster think he is great but he benefits nice from cut run scheme

You see some of those runs Foster made last year? He knows how to set up his blocks really well not to mention he's a threat in the passing game.

In any case OP needs to disable his account here for saying Turner is ranked 25th. Kind of **** is that?

Sorry, but that's rubbish. Durability is a skill and many of your backs simply couldn't take 300 carries a year without getting hurt.

wat?? Durability is a skill??? I dnt kno about that one... Thats more of just how much punishment perons particular body can take... Not a skill

You see some of those runs Foster made last year? He knows how to set up his blocks really well not to mention he's a threat in the passing game.

In any case OP needs to disable his account here for saying Turner is ranked 25th. Kind of **** is that?

yeah that run vs Pitt was sexy when he came out back end ( pause) .. Foster is a silky smooth runner. Very smart . Great vision and like you said waits for his blocks

You are being waay

I'd put him around 25th as far as NFL RB's go.

Fred Jackson, Daniel Thomas, Ray Rice, Arian Foster, Ben Tate, MJD, CJ, Darren McFadden, Ryan Matthews, DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas, Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Marshawn Lynch.

You are being way too harsh on Turner...

I will argue the easy ones...

Daniel Thomas, couldn't un seat Reggie Bush and only got 585 yards at a 3.5 avg...

Run DMC... I would love him on my team... so would the Raiders.

DeMarco Murray... will never last a season.

Pierre Thomas... No way even ask Saints fans.

Turner is in a 1 back system and hardly gets rested... we lean on him and he carries the team...

So many backs you name cannot do that for us, he isn't the best and I fear his best days are behind him... but **** he is at least top 15 but like I said top 10.

I think heavy, powerbacks like Turner are a dying breed.

This is true just like pure pocket passers with no atheticism. This game has evolved to the point that you can't be a one trick poney and get away with stuff anymore. You have to be dynamic this day and age.

The thing with Turner is you do have to give him a hole most of the time, he doesn't cut very well and explode very fast but when you give him a lane, he's a top 5 running back. And when you don't, i.e. 2011, he's still a top 10 back and still leads the NFC in rushing.

Well based on the fact that we give him the ball 300 times. If you take away 100 carries from the guy, he only gets around 800 yards. You underestimate the fact that he doesnt catch the ball. Now the teams dont have to worry about screens or dump offs as much as the other running back. Which also is another reason why if Quizz gets in the game they would play probablities and assume its a pass. Just some other things to think about,

The thing with Turner is you do have to give him a hole most of the time, he doesn't cut very well and explode very fast but when you give him a lane, he's a top 5 running back. And when you don't, i.e. 2011, he's still a top 10 back and still leads the NFC in rushing.

I get it 1st in NFC in rushing. How many teams in the NFC are run first teams?? Lets look at our division. Car- NOPE, TB- MAYBE, NO-NOPE. SO lets check out the NFC East. Dal-NO, Phi-Nope, NYG-NOPE, Redskins-MAYBE. NFC West- Arizona-NO, 49ers-YES, Rams-Yes, Seahawks-Maybe. so yea he has 4 teams out of 16 teams he has to compete with. Nfc North. GB-nope, Chi-Nope, MIN-Yes, Lions-NO

And the only RBs who are worth anything is Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, and Adrian Peterson. So what your saying is he beat an injured Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore AND Steven Jackson.

Edited by Krammmit

I get it 1st in NFC in rushing. How many teams in the NFC are run first teams?? Lets look at our division. Car- NOPE, TB- MAYBE, NO-NOPE. SO lets check out the NFC East. Dal-NO, Phi-Nope, NYG-NOPE, Redskins-MAYBE. NFC West- Arizona-NO, 49ers-YES, Rams-Yes, Seahawks-Maybe. so yea he has 3 teams out of 12 teams he has to compete with.

How about 3rd in the league then? And the Seahawks are definitely a running team. Dallas is pretty balanced, the Eagles are a pretty significant running team now, McCoy had a great year. Giants are but Bradshaw was injured a lot last year. Vikings are a running team, Peterson got injured. Turner did not. Bears are a decent running team as well.

How about 3rd in the league then? And the Seahawks are definitely a running team. Dallas is pretty balanced, the Eagles are a pretty significant running team now, McCoy had a great year. Giants are but Bradshaw was injured a lot last year. Vikings are a running team, Peterson got injured. Turner did not. Bears are a decent running team as well.

Dallas is not a run first team, and they split carries so you can combine rb numbers then come up with a bteer estimate. Eagles are a significant running team only because of Mccoy, BUT they are also pass first team and he was only 30 yards away from 1st with 30 less carries. Giants split carries between the 2 so they roughly had together 1200 yards and 16 tds. Im not going to go down the list. Turner is not top 10 running back. We arent talking about how well he is when theres a hole and no ones around for 10 yards. He does not have the ability to make things happen on his own which is essentially the main part of a runningback being listed in to 15.