If "elite" Qb Money Is 23M A Year Now.. (Trying To Be Thanks To Brees).. Does That Mean..

Big Bubba

in 2 years, very good qb money will be around 23M, while elite qb money increases to around 25M to 27M a year?

Cam for example.. If he cuts back on his turnovers, while keeping his production high, he is most likely a top 5 qb within 2 years. Does that mean, thanks to Brees trying to up the top tier qb salary, assuming he succeeds, that by the time Cam is due for an extension, in about 2 years, Panthers will have to pay around $22M to $23M a year to keep him? Rather than the 17M-18M a season they would have probably had to pay prior to Brees upping everything, a great deal?

Edited by pox 08

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

moot point....Loomis isn't going to pay that much money to Brees

The more I think about the impact it may have on other teams, I hope he doesn't. Would mean a 5M leap in elite salaries, in just a one year time frame. That would suck for teams trying to lockup very good qbs, in the future. If Brees gets 23M....

gotta love how the IQ drops around here when the TATF crowd stumbles in

Brees can ask for as much as he wants....the Saints aren't paying that much

If your willing to pay 20 mill, you are sure willing to pay 23 mill. Brees is the Saints and he could ask for 25 and get it.

The TATF crowd will send you some IQ points to use. We know Saints fans are stressed out over resent events. Oh not to mention probably only person on the Saints the media still respects. So they not only have to sign him because he is a good player, but also because they need him to save them in the media. Only other person who could pull that off would probably be Manning who was suppose to get paid somewhere in that money range.

Bottom line...Brees gets paid. He has earned it.

If your willing to pay 20 mill, you are sure willing to pay 23 mill. Brees is the Saints and he could ask for 25 and get it.

The TATF crowd will send you some IQ points to use. We know Saints fans are stressed out over resent events. Oh not to mention probably only person on the Saints the media still respects. So they not only have to sign him because he is a good player, but also because they need him to save them in the media. Only other person who could pull that off would probably be Manning who was suppose to get paid somewhere in that money range.

Bottom line...Brees gets paid. He has earned it.

son....you obviously can't spare the IQ points so don't offer

if the Saints were willing to pay that much, they would have and tagged Carl Nicks instead. Using the tag on Brees and losing Nicks if you were willing to pay that money anyway is idiocy. take the blinders off and look at the big picture...this is about more than just Brees.

in 2 years, very good qb money will be around 23M, while elite qb money increases to around 25M to 27M a year?

Cam for example.. If he cuts back on his turnovers, while keeping his production high, he is most likely a top 5 qb within 2 years. Does that mean, thanks to Brees trying to up the top tier qb salary, assuming he succeeds, that by the time Cam is due for an extension, in about 2 years, Panthers will have to pay around $22M to $23M a year to keep him? Rather than the 17M-18M a season they would have probably had to pay prior to Brees upping everything, a great deal?

This would be true, but a couple things have to happen first.

First Cam has to play better, even if he plays better he's still not in the league of Brees and Brady. For Cam to make that much he would have to be considered elite. I don't think that will

happen

Second I think the Saints will sign Drew to a big contract but most of that money will be in bonus bc it does not go to the salary cap, so his bonus will be huge but his base salary will be around 14 to 18 mil. In 2 years, if Cam plays twice as better as he played the first he could demand 8 to 10mil a year maybe.

Breesus made the saints what they were before the scandal. He is worth every dime of that maybe more...Gee thanks for nothing Mr. Breesus!

No, he is worth as much as he gets. Still, nearly a 5M increase in elite salary in just one year...is insane. It'll hurt all the teams with young qbs, that are approaching or in "Very good" status. Ryan will get a few more million a year than he'd normal get, if Brees pulls off a miracle and convinces the Saints to pay him 23M a year. Same thing with Cam in a couple years, if like I said, he reduces his mistakes and continues his production.

No, he is worth as much as he gets. Still, nearly a 5M increase in elite salary in just one year...is insane.

Welcome to Free agency, where Elite players get paid insane money. It will happen 1 way or another. The Saints will pay Brees. Even if it means a salary cap casualty.

The Saints also dont have a first round pick. So pulling a colts move cant happen. No luck for the Saints.

Maybe not even a second or third once the NFL gets done with bounty gate.

The only option is to pay Brees or piss him off. Brees holds the cards here.

Cam has to cut down on the errors, learn to read defenses, and start winning before even be considered for half that money!

Learn how to read Gumby! Pox just said Newton would have to improve in order to command those numbers!

Why is it that unless someone's blowing smoke up the butt of YOUR qurterback (who happens to be 0-3 in the playoffs) you find derogatory things too post? Besides shitting his pants better than any other QB in the league,

tell us why STAIN deserves to sit a top that pedastal you Homers have placed him when compared to Newton.

C'mon Gumby......we ALL wanna hear this!rolleyes.gif

Cam has to cut down on the errors, learn to read defenses, and start winning before even be considered for half that money!

I did say "IF" he cuts back on the turnovers and all that hubbaloo. Lets be honest though.. even with the interceptions.. at his current pace if he keeps it going, mistakes and all.. by extension time (in about 2 years), he would have amassed around 105 total TDs, around 51 ints and 14K+ total yards. That kind of production will net him something special come contract time. Maybe not as much as he would get if he did reduce all the mistakes, but still... he'll get around 17m-18m a year. Opposed to the 23m a year he'd probably get if he keeps the production but limits the turnovers.

Edited by pox 08

Learn how to read Gumby! Pox just said Newton would have to improve in order to command those numbers!

Why is it that unless someone's blowing smoke up the butt of YOUR qurterback (who happens to be 0-3 in the playoffs) you find derogatory things too post? Besides shitting his pants better than any other QB in the league,

tell us why STAIN deserves to sit a top that pedastal you Homers have placed him when compared to Newton.

C'mon Gumby......we ALL wanna hear this!rolleyes.gif

Didn't the Falcons once make Vick one of the highest paid Qbs in NFL history?

This would be true, but a couple things have to happen first.

First Cam has to play better, even if he plays better he's still not in the league of Brees and Brady. For Cam to make that much he would have to be considered elite. I don't think that will

happen

Second I think the Saints will sign Drew to a big contract but most of that money will be in bonus bc it does not go to the salary cap, so his bonus will be huge but his base salary will be around 14 to 18 mil. In 2 years, if Cam plays twice as better as he played the first he could demand 8 to 10mil a year maybe.

Can you not read?

Can you not read?

They feel unsure of Ryan. They mask it by trash talking the obviously superior physical specimen known as Super Cam. Sort of like how I used to trash talk Tom Brady, back when the Panthers had Delhomme.. I did so because I was not confident in our qb... I feel bad for them. Maybe one day, they too, can feel confident about their qb as their team moves forward.

They feel unsure of Ryan. They mask it by trash talking the obviously superior physical specimen known as Super Cam. Sort of like how I used to trash talk Tom Brady, back when the Panthers had Delhomme.. I did so because I was not confident in our qb... I feel bad for them. Maybe one day, they too, can feel confident about their qb as their team moves forward.

Dumb A** I am Saints fan and I have full confidence in my quarterback which is why I am praying we keep him. Geez....sensitive much?

Yeah, we feel real bad about Ice having the 2nd most wins (43) in the last 4 seasons...maybe if Cam plays another 7 or 8 years he can get to 43 wins...LMAO

What's Stain's record in the playoffs? Funny how you conveniently always leave that part out while trying to tell us how great he is.post-2-1080915922.gif