Signing Conformation On Unlisted Players Please

delaigle

NFL.com shows the Falcons signed 3 players earlier in the year but I can find no records of this on the Falcon web site. Today some one posted a "tracker" list and they were not on that list either.

Real curious

3 Jan 12 Scott Albritton LS

3 Jan 12 Corey Adams LS (local boy)

10 Jan 12 Robert McClain CB

can any one comfirm (or deny) these signings

**note the nfl transaction list has 1 as a LB aand the other as a center but when you look them up under "player" they both apperar as Falcon LS

Edited by delaigle

Well if we signed two long snappers then we must must not be going to resign Zelenka or bringing in some cheap competition.

Zelenka has been rock solid & you usually wouldn't want to screw around with disrupting that, but I think he had a 2-3m cap hit last year. I would imagine these younger guys were just brought in so that TD could have enough time to figure out if either of them could be a younger/cheaper option at LS before he has to make a decision on whether or not to re-sign Zelenka.

The reason why we go year-to-year on Zelenka is that if he signs for the veteran minimum of $925,000, then if it is only a 1 year contract then it only counts $565,000 against the cap (third year player min salary).

I would certainly expect a second LS for camp, but I'd be astonished if Zelenka wasn't back. He just isn't a priority now as there's no market for his services.