Snelling Inked!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz

Hmmm....like most of the rest of you I thought it was a slam dunk we were losing Snell....

Big implications about Ovie maybe?

I know Snell isn't a prototypical fullback but he isn't a stiff in that role either....

More 2 back sets with Snell doing his Ovie impression?

I think one of the main reasons we signed him is because Koetter likes the way he catches the ball.

Wow. If Snelling really signed (and no reason to not believe the OP) then I think there is a chance we let Turner and Ovie walk. I thought Ovie was gone for sure, but thought we would definitely keep Turner.

I think Turner would have greatly benefited from an upgrade Oline and better game plan under the new OC, but we have Turner, Ovie, Snelling and Quizz. Just don't seeing us keeping all four.

Not surprised at all. Snelling figured out that nobody else wanted him last year, and he didn't do anything in 2011 to change their mind. He is more valuable to the Falcons than anybody else because they know his versatility.

The market was bad last year for rb tho ...Giants could cut Jacobs this year and bring in Snelling who would step right in and see more carries then he does here. I wonder tho if our management thinks he is possible future rb or its a short term deal . Snelling didnt want test market and come back to us again so he signed short term

Wow. If Snelling really signed (and no reason to not believe the OP) then I think there is a chance we let Turner and Ovie walk. I thought Ovie was gone for sure, but thought we would definitely keep Turner.

I think Turner would have greatly benefited from an upgrade Oline and better game plan under the new OC, but we have Turner, Ovie, Snelling and Quizz. Just don't seeing us keeping all four.

Turner's not going anywhere this year.

Kind of surprised but I like it. Glad to have him back b/c as much as I like Quizz and his potential I still feel like we needed Snelling back.

The market was bad last year for rb tho ...Giants could cut Jacobs this year and bring in Snelling who would step right in and see more carries then he does here. I wonder tho if our management thinks he is possible future rb or its a short term deal . Snelling didnt want test market and come back to us again so he signed short term

Snelling is a utility player. I think he has accepted it.

We could cut Ovie and we would benefit cap wise ..I dont think we are cutting Turner. Its pretty insane to think we will cut a rb that has has produced in last 4 years

1189 atts

5281 yards

50 tds

Ovie is a goner. There is no chance the Falcons are going to let Turner go. Snelling and Quiz are not starting material, both of them are situational guys.

Turner's not going anywhere this year.

Kind of surprised but I like it. Glad to have him back b/c as much as I like Quizz and his potential I still feel like we needed Snelling back.

I wouldnt think Turner was going anywhere either. I like him and think he is an asset to the team; however, I don't see us running as much power sets. Probably don't need a full time FB. Maybe Snelling was kept for that role, but depending on his contract the management might have wanted to free up Turners 5 million and use Snelling as our main 3-down back.

Not enough info right now to draw a conclusion. Once the contract details come out we might be able to guess a little better at the intent then.

Not surprised at all. Snelling figured out that nobody else wanted him last year, and he didn't do anything in 2011 to change their mind. He is more valuable to the Falcons than anybody else because they know his versatility.

I agree

He is a versatile backup

Guest Fibonacci

ok I did not see this coming at all. I am done projecting thoughts of who we might get. I was figuring with snelling fishing last year, he would do it again this year.

does anyone know the contract details?

Good move!

I agree. Every time Snelling got a chance this past season, he ran hard. I think he will continue to do that. Having 3 hard runners, is great, because you never know when Turner is going to get hurt from carry such a heavy load.

Good move.

^^This. Last year's free agency period was an eye opener for Jason. Stay where you're comfortable and liked.