I Think Td May Be A Genius

THE ICEMAN

I'm not sure but I think intell Grimes signs his tender (which he's in no rush to do so) that 10.6 mil tag doesn't count aginst the cap so all we really have on the books so far is decoud and Bearimen and that puts us at about 25 mil left to spend which is more than enough to sign either Williams or Nicks and a LT then work out a long term deal with Grimes. But if grimes was to sign his tender before FA he could blow up TD plan because slapping the tag on Grimes TD more than likley knew Grimes would hold out for a long term deal which is fine because he basicly froze Grimes abillty to leave so and now TD can turn all his focus on Mario and after that he'll turn his attention back to Grimes and other guys(Like Ryan) to free up more cap space to and get the deal done with Grimes.

I think the signings of Biermann and Decoud are proof that he is not the unmitigated disaster some paint him as, as a GM. He setting something up to get something done in FA. Plus with no 1st rounder this year, the cap hits from the draft picks will be minimal.

I think the signings of Biermann and Decoud are proof that he is not the unmitigated disaster some paint him as, as a GM. He setting something up to get something done in FA. Plus with no 1st rounder this year, the cap hits from the draft picks will be minimal.

regarding 1st round cap implications - with new draft contracts this actually is a negative. having 1st rounders are even more valuable now because you get guys for cheaper than in past years.

but, i do agree that signing decoud and bierman are setting up for a big FA push.

TD is far from a genius or Grimes wouldnt be on the market and neither Curtis Lofton our defensive leader. TD is also counting on Grimes signing his franchise offer . If Grimes signs his tender we will not be able to go after Mario Williams . Thats a 10.5 mil hit to the cap ..It doesnt work like that bro ..TD is not going to offer Mario Williams 90 million and have Grimes sign his tender or we will be screwed ..

TD is far from a genius or Grimes wouldnt be on the market and neither Curtis Lofton our defensive leader. TD is also counting on Grimes signing his franchise offer . If Grimes signs his tender we will not be able to go after Mario Williams . Thats a 10.5 mil hit to the cap ..It doesnt work like that bro ..TD is not going to offer Mario Williams 90 million and have Grimes sign his tender or we will be screwed ..

Give Williams decent money this offseason. Then when Grimes comes off the books next year if you don't work out a deal, have Mario's salary get ramped up then.

Championship teams are not built by making big splashes ..

You know model franchises like Giants and Steelers dont go out and give $$$ to big free agents ..They build through draft and fill holes with mid tier free agents ...

but that is also 2 of the best GMS in league that know how to draft and utilize it ..Jerry Reese a genius gm ..Guy can find a Victor Cruz on scrap yards ..

Give Williams decent money this offseason. Then when Grimes comes off the books next year if you don't work out a deal, have Mario's salary get ramped up then.

Mario Williams is going to see 82-90 million contract ...You can stretch his contract with pro rated bonus and low salary his first year but his cap hit will be around 7-9 million no matter if you backload the contract

Mario Williams cap hit 7-9 million

Grimes tender 10.5

Bierman -2mil

Decoud -2 mil

we are basically all done

Mario Williams is going to see 82-90 million contract ...You can stretch his contract with pro rated bonus and low salary his first year but his cap hit will be around 7-9 million no matter if you backload the contract

Grimes tender 10.5

Bierman -2mil

Decoud -2 mil

That's fine

Grimes tender 10.5

Bierman -2mil

Decoud -2 mil

Wishful thinking, Mario cap hit will be around 11-14m. Biermanns hit is of 1.75m and DeCoudsis 1.5m this season at least.

We have around 31m of cap space, considering Grimes sign his tag we already used 13.75. We have enough to sign Mario, then cut Baker and Ovie and we can sign Lofton, Douglas and Zelenka (or the other way around). It will be tight, but who cares there's always a way to manipulate the cap.

Fix the oline thru the draft, draft a QB later on.

Not saying it's what we should do, I'm still sceptic on bringing Mario but it is possible.

Edited by Patro

Wishful thinking, Mario cap hit will be around 11-14m. Biermanns hit is of 1.75m and DeCoudsis 1.5m this season at least.

We have around 31m of cap space, considering Grimes sign his tag we already used 13.75. We have enough to sign Mario, then cut Baker and Ovie and we can sign Lofton, Douglas and Zelenka (or the other way around). It will be tight, but who cares there's always a way to manipulate the cap.

Fix the oline thru the draft, draft a QB later on.

I agree ..If you are going to sign Mario it will be a 11-14mil cap hit but there are ways you can stretch the cap hit where it be 7 mil this coming season ..We would also have to fit a veteran QB .That will be 2-3 mil against the cap . Dont think we will take our chance with a late round draft pick as backup QB .

I agree ..If you are going to sign Mario it will be a 11-14mil cap hit but there are ways you can stretch the cap hit where it be 7 mil this coming season ..We would also have to fit a veteran QB .That will be 2-3 mil against the cap . Dont think we will take our chance with a late round draft pick as backup QB .

I'm no cap master by any means, so I'll def take your word. That would be ideal, I also agree that the FO would bring a vet back up QB, having a rookie or JPW is too much of a risk if Matt goes down.

It would be a dream to have our FA back & bring Mario.

It would be a dream to have our FA back & bring Mario.

I think if we get Mario ..we will lose Lofton and of course ABE

we will not be able to add a mid tier oline ..we can find a low tier free agent and hope coaching turns him around

we could then draft a Guard in 2nd round

Grimes will be back but hopefully not under franchise tender ..A LONG term deal would be best interest for both sides

Not to mention trading all those picks away....not that I don't love Julio...........but we are going to be hating that junk on draft day.

Keep going bro ... platform all yours ..

How about 2 first round bust on his record in 4 years ...Perria Jerry and Sam Baker

How about letting Brent Grimes our best corner and possibly our best defensive player hit free agency

TD hasn't shown me he can manage a draft board yet. I see a consistent pattern of panic drafting, that being trading up to get your guy or selecting the player a round or two early. I've yet to see him trade back on draft day. If he was hitting on the players he was picking, it would be understandable, but for now it's just poor resource management.

How about 2 first round bust on his record in 4 years ...Perria Jerry and Sam Baker

How about letting Brent Grimes our best corner and possibly our best defensive player hit free agency

I don't blame him for Jerry. I thought that was the right pick. Baker.......that was a panic move that worked out in the short term but isn't working anymore.

As for Brent Grimes, as you know I've been screaming for the Falcons to extend him for two years. I don't understand what they did there at all. In the middle of 2010 he probably could have extended him for 5-6 mil a year. now the Falcons are looking at 10.6 mil for this year.

Guest Fibonacci

Championship teams are not built by making big splashes ..

You know model franchises like Giants and Steelers dont go out and give $$$ to big free agents ..They build through draft and fill holes with mid tier free agents ...

but that is also 2 of the best GMS in league that know how to draft and utilize it ..Jerry Reese a genius gm ..Guy can find a Victor Cruz on scrap yards ..

I agree with this. And this is what I hope we do. but with the tag on grimes left me SMH. we could have got two good CB's that would total 10 million.

Jerry Reese, who you just called a genius, has drafted 2 'bust' 1st rounders in 4 years as well in Aaron Ross and Kenny Phillips. Ross didn't have a starting job until 4 corners got hurt and Phillips is just bad and always injured.

The 2nd line is just wrong.

Jerry Reese, who you just called a genius, has drafted 2 'bust' 1st rounders in 4 years as well in Aaron Ross and Kenny Phillips. Ross didn't have a starting job until 4 corners got hurt and Phillips is just bad and always injured.

The 2nd line is just wrong.

Jerry Reese has 2 Super Bowls in 5 years on the job. What more do you want?