Can Rodgers Be A 3 Down Rb?

Falcanuck

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he can. And I never say that lightly. I think Rodgers can be the next Warrick Dunn

i think he has the potential to b great, but its something that we may nvr find out, and i hope im wrong about that, cuz i would love to see what quizz could do as a feature back

I don't think he can, personally. I feel like that would lead up to injuries. He is big for how small he is (if that makes any sense), but he very much seems like a Darren Sproles, only change of pace type of back. He isn't fast or a bulldozer, just quick. I feel like you need to be one of the first two in order to be a 3 down back.

The question isn't "can" he be. The question is "should" he be. Rodgers has the potential to be a 3 down back (see Warrick Dunn/MJD), though I would prefer another year before trying. However, he might get more production as a Darren Sproles type, where defenses don't know he's coming, rather than an every down back.

I don't think he can, personally. I feel like that would lead up to injuries. He is big for how small he is (if that makes any sense), but he very much seems like a Darren Sproles, only change of pace type of back. He isn't fast or a bulldozer, just quick. I feel like you need to be one of the first two in order to be a 3 down back.

Quizz got around 900 touches in college without any injuries.. He's durable enough, and very durable for his size..

I definitely think he can be a 3 down RB.. Don't think he will get there this year, but at least his touches should increase.

He absolutely can be an every down back. Plus I think that adds so much more uncertainty to what we're going to do on third down. Are we going to hand off, pass, screen, etc. Someone commented that it might lead to injuries. I'm not sure what it is about short stocky backs, but they never get hurt. MJD, and Ray Rice are always playing. Sportsscience needs to explain it.

No.He cant go straight up the middle. He is a change of pace back.

Not to disagree with you, but I thought I read a statement from Mike Smith about Rodgers, (Can't find it now) that he wasn't small just short, and could be a 3 down back.

He also said Rodgers was a better blocker than they thought he would be.

I for one think he will get a lot of game time this coming year.

I see us increasing his role in snaps for him to audition for possibly having a shoot to a three down back in 2013 but not in 2012.

We have to see how he handles a more increased role of responsibility first before he can earn that role. Now maybe as the season goes on

and he is showing that he can handle the new responsibilities that Smitty and Koetter are going to put on him and the stats are looking good than yes.

But he has done enough in 2011 at least to get the RB audition for it 2012.

If things play true to the script and Turner is here one more year, but Quizz gets increased touches and shines, I think we could see the Falcons let Turner go next year and move Quizz into a starting role. The only thing I would suggest is drafting/signing a bruiser to pair with him (ala Jason Snelling). Wanna see what he can do with increased time in the backfield/our offense before I declare that he is ready to be the bellcow.