How Atlanta Can Land Mario Williams

SD said they are going after Mario, but have a set limit o what they will offer.

on NFL.com today.

there will be plenty of good teams that he can go to and have a chance at winning, with ATL being one of them.

I still just have a feeling he will end up back in HOU though somehow.

Why do you guys want Mike Williams so badly, he will not lead you to a SB. This team has so many other issues to take care of first. Paying this huge contract price will just keep you guys mediocre, except you will be mediocre with no cap space left. Defense isn't what kept your team from not scoring at all in the playoffs. Actually it was, the giants defense.

Edited by MattRyansArm

Why do you guys want Mike Williams so badly, he will not lead you to a SB. This team has so many other issues to take care of first. Paying this huge contract price will just keep you guys mediocre, except you will be mediocre with no cap space left. Defense isn't what kept your team from not scoring at all in the playoffs. Actually it was, the giants defense.

We have a semi weak defense, so upgrading with a guy who can play multiple positions and create a pass rush, will allow others on the defense (Dbs) to play better.

last i checked mike williams plays WR. so of course he wont lead us to a SB

An improved defense would reflect on the offense side of the ball as well. More possessions=opportunity

they wanted Haynesworth and Peppers as well, until they saw the price tag.

I think this board wanted Haynesworth and Peppers. I never saw a report saying the Falcons wanted either. Charles Johnson would be a much better example.

Because he clearly scares you. Sorry that your board is some sh*t right now but you won't find any pleasure over here.

What a moron

there are some good OL in the draft that we could still get at 55 so i would rather fill up the hole that way and get mario.

Edited by Falcontide

Here's my question.

Could we somehow afford both Williams and Nicks or is it one or the other? If so I say get Williams because we REALLY need a pass rush and we might be able to pick up another good guard.

I don't think we'll be able to fit the highest paid guard and highest paid de ever under the salary cap... but we should DEFINITELY drive the price up on NIcks so the Bounty Hunters can't afford him either or it kills their cap to sign him.

If Seattle gets in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, it could definitely help us out.

agreed - i thought about this already - if SeaHags get Peyton - they will also grab Reggie Wayne - and this will mean they will not be going after Mario Williams.

Falcons will not land Mario......it's not in the Falcons makeup to spend money on a high profile player

Dunta....Edwards...Gonzalez Trade...Turner

Getting a big name in the offseason is well within our makeup....in fact, it happens every year.

Edited by RubberDucky

Dunta....Edwards...Gonzalez Trade...Turner

Getting a big name in the offseason is well within our makeup....in fact, it happens every year.

Dunta was not a big name, Gonzalez doesn't count, that was a trade ( I was talking about a big slpash in FA), Edwards wasn't a big splash...Turner was the only player and that was 4 years ago

I think we should've picked up Peppers 2 years ago. We need to do our due diligence with Mario. Priority #1 is fixing the OL, and Nicks or Grubbs should be our priority. That said if we can make Mario work while addressing the Oline, we should do it.