Oh Keith......

brodieman

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you stay in the NFL so long get pretty good contracts and then be in so much debt? How do people that make so much money screw it all up by going into so much serious debt? I just do not get it, I make a normal living have a wife that stays home and a 2 year old boy and I'm able to stay out of default and have minimal debt. WTF are these people doing wrong?

Guest Gritz

How do you stay in the NFL so long get pretty good contracts and then be in so much debt? How do people that make so much money screw it all up by going into so much serious debt? I just do not get it, I make a normal living have a wife that stays home and a 2 year old boy and I'm able to stay out of default and have minimal debt. WTF are these people doing wrong?

It goes to bigger issues and problems with many of them.....

Because of their athletic prowess and skills most of them have been coddled and catered to from the time they were in elementary/middle/high school. A different set of rules exist for them and a sense of entitlement sets in.

Many of them inevitably get into trouble during or at the end of their professional careers. They aren't perceived as being all that special anymore. The big money contracts start to run out while the desire to maintain or even accelerate the high living lifestyle remains....

Keith Brooking, Allen Iverson, Terrell Owens.......banks don't care.....They want their money.

One of many reasons I have absolutely zero emotional attachment to any professional athlete. There are exceptions of course but most of them are self-involved, narcissistic blowhards.

I can't think of 5 professional athletes I'd like to have a beer with.

It is just really perplexing, Keith got a lot of multi million dollar a year contracts. With just 2 million dollars I could payoff a nice house for my family pay off 2 nice cars, furnish my house and have enough left over to pretty much retire off of.

Any normal person could pretty much live well and retire off of 2 million dollars, and live very nicely and Keith grossed alot more than that over his career. It makes no sense to me

I'm in a similar boat, but Gritz is right these guys spent more time on their traps than they ever did with their checkbooks/bank accounts. I do know TMZ got it wrong by calling him Dallas Cowboys STAR.... nothing STAR about KB since at least 2006.

Why believe the bank?

For all the story tells they could have loaned $2M for a business and not enough assets are left and they are trying to pull Keith's personal assets into this. It is the bank's decision to loan $2M without sufficient collateral.

Anyone know how many times a Trump business has defaulted or claimed bankruptcy? Donald never puts his own money or personal assets at stake in the business beyond the initial contributions.

Having done business with WF over the years, I can't honestly say that I take a single thing in that story seriously. I cannot think of a more consistently worthless bank that takes pride in accusing it's customers of wrong doing.

Having done business with WF over the years, I can't honestly say that I take a single thing in that story seriously. I cannot think of a more consistently worthless bank that takes pride in accusing it's customers of wrong doing.

yep because of dealing with WF, I'm all for people getting over on banks lol

I should add I have no great love or hate from Brooking. The fact is if there is a mortgage on property you cannot transfer it to family to avoid foreclosure.

So either the bank did not file a mortgage/deed to secure their debt - bad business decision by some loan officer.

Or Brooking transferred it while it had a mortgage on it and the court should very easily set aside the transfer.

If that were the case I think the story and the pleading would mention fraud and improper transfers of mortgaged property not a 'scheme' to hide assets. That screams they had no direct claim to those assets

Guest Fibonacci

I want to know why when a player does something wrong they say "former Atlanta Falcons Player _________ did this wrong"; but when they do something good that say "Player ______ did this good thing for which he plays with _____".

I mean look at this and go and look at when Keith did good things and was respected. in fact go look at Michael Vick. anything with his dog fighting stuff and it was former "Atlanta Falcons". But when he started doing really good things it turned into "philly eagle player vick did this good thing".

I do know that not every article is like this, but a lot of them are.

Also who ever did the picking for players must have never looked into what type of person the player is off the field. cause it seems anyone 5-15 years ago is jacked up.

I should add I have no great love or hate from Brooking. The fact is if there is a mortgage on property you cannot transfer it to family to avoid foreclosure.

So either the bank did not file a mortgage/deed to secure their debt - bad business decision by some loan officer.

Or Brooking transferred it while it had a mortgage on it and the court should very easily set aside the transfer.

If that were the case I think the story and the pleading would mention fraud and improper transfers of mortgaged property not a 'scheme' to hide assets. That screams they had no direct claim to those assets

Yep, it sounds to me like WF is just chasing anything they can get their hands on after making a bad loan to begin with, which in my experience happened quite a bit before the recent nationwide financial meltdown. Banks making poor business decisions, and loaning money irresponsibly lead directly to our current economic woes. I always shake my head when I hear them screaming for a federal bailout or asking for more deregulation so they can rush down the path of financial ruin just so a few officers can make a bundle before the inevitable collapse.

Because of their athletic prowess and skills most of them have been coddled and catered to from the time they were in elementary/middle/high school. A different set of rules exist for them and a sense of entitlement sets in.

Many of them inevitably get into trouble during or at the end of their professional careers. They aren't perceived as being all that special anymore. The big money contracts start to run out while the desire to maintain or even accelerate the high living lifestyle remains....

Keith Brooking, Allen Iverson, Terrell Owens.......banks don't care.....They want their money.

One of many reasons I have absolutely zero emotional attachment to any professional athlete. There are exceptions of course but most of them are self-involved, narcissistic blowhards.

The one's you would like to have a drink with genrally don't drink...or go out without their wives for that matter.

The one's you would like to have a drink with genrally don't drink...or go out without their wives for that matter.

You're right and that is why they keep their $ and not squander it away on wine, women and song. (and white powder)

Yep, it sounds to me like WF is just chasing anything they can get their hands on after making a bad loan to begin with, which in my experience happened quite a bit before the recent nationwide financial meltdown. Banks making poor business decisions, and loaning money irresponsibly lead directly to our current economic woes. I always shake my head when I hear them screaming for a federal bailout or asking for more deregulation so they can rush down the path of financial ruin just so a few officers can make a bundle before the inevitable collapse.

People made just as poor decisions. They were told that they could afford this that or the third thing, and they could, but people wanting to live lavish lifestyles did not factor in utilities, food, gas, insurance, cell phone bills, cable, or anything else that comes along with making a decision that involves a bank handing over money. The banks are not to blame for another persons ignorance.

Guest Gritz

Good point.......and I have met a few professional athletes who seem to be really good people. It's like most other things in life. Those guys don't create headlines like the knuckleheads do so the impression gets out there that they're all roaming the countryside terrorizing the villagers.

Could you be a little more articulate?

I hate trying to read between the lines...............tongue.png

^^ This

One of my favorite quotes is 'a fool and his money are soon parted' and I can't tell you how many times I've been reminded of it when it comes to professional athletes.

While that is true, I am not sure that is the case here.

Evan Mathis, LaDanian Tomlinson, Jerome Bettis, Michael Turner and Fitzpatrick.

Uhh, can anyone fill me in on why we hate Keith Brooking so much?

I don't really remember him being bad.

In his whole career here he NEVER made an impact play, there is not a single play he made that anyone can remember that changed a game. That is quite an accomplishment for someone that was on the team so long. He was known for piling on to tackles to pad his stats or tackle people 10 yard from the line of scrimmage. He was completely invisible on the field. Mike Peterson has made more impact plays coming off the bench in one season then Brooking did being a starter here his whole career.

3rd and 16 in our playoff game with the Cardinals, he totally blew coverage allowing the Cardinals to convert a 3rd and 16 whihc ended the game. Had we held they would have punted and we had more than enough time to score to win the game.

When ATL played Dallas in 2009 Brooking mocked us with doing the dirty bird dance and acted like a fool taunting us in our game with Dallas.

He is a doosh plain and simple and was useless while he was here and mocked us after he left.

Screw him I hope the dead beat gets locked up.

Edited by SYD