Why Resigning Decoud Is A Great Move.

Creative

1. DeCoud has been the definition of average since he got here, proven by his +0.9 overall rating this year. While he has shown flashes of being a really good player, he hasn't put it all together. With a new DC, secondary coach, and contract, in my opinion at least, he can only improve. Worst case scenario, we have what we've seen the last couple years, which isn't THAT bad.

2. 5 years, 17.5 million. That's really cheap, especially if he becomes an above average player.

3. The FA class, as well as the 2012 draft class is extremely thin at FS. We could pick one up late.. but nobody screams 'take me at 55!'

PS: I'm not even a huge DeCoud fan, but honestly, nobody should be upset about this move. Plus we get to see him celebrate missed FG's for 5 more years.

Edited by Creative

1. DeCoud has been the definition of average since he got here, proven by his +0.9 overall rating this year. While he has shown flashes of being a really good player, he hasn't put it all together. With a new DC, secondary coach, and contract, in my opinion at least, he can only improve. Worst case scenario, we have what we've seen the last couple years, which isn't THAT bad.

2. 5 years, 17.5 million. That's really cheap, especially if he becomes an above average player.

3. The FA class, as well as the 2012 draft class is extremely thin at FS. We could pick one up late.. but nobody screams 'take me at 55!'

PS: I'm not even a huge DeCoud fan, but honestly, nobody should be upset about this move. Plus we get to see him celebrate missed FG's for 5 more years. cool.png

I wish the Saints could have signed DeCoud - that would help Matt Ryan's deep ball.

DeCoud is the best option for us right now and he's honestly not as bad as he's made out to be. I've said a dozen times, his problems can be fixed with coaching. Nolan can fix them.

hope you are right. I give your theory a 50% chance of success :)

DeCoud is the best option for us right now and he's honestly not as bad as he's made out to be. I've said a dozen times, his problems can be fixed with coaching. Nolan can fix them.

I've also thought this. Think about Moore and DeCoud under Nolan's vast knowledge ... I have a feeling we will be Ravens South as far as Defense is concerned. If Lofton signs then we know that Nolan only has to fill in the DE position w/ what he wants. Maybe DeCoud and Moore can become like the Safeties in Baltimore ... I just hope the catch and soak up the knowledge flakes that Nolan is going to be dropping this year. I have never been so excited like I am now. I wanted Nolan and Singletary for a long long time. I still can't believe we go Nolan here and I do believe if we had Mike S. that Lofton if he signs and Spoon will take it to a whole new level. That's scary huh? Spoon taking it to an even higher level ... LT move over !!!

Guest Fibonacci

425313_10150602961972842_50806422841_9092735_268547859_n.jpg

Check out that photo of Arthur in the background, LOL.

Wow now that is cool.

where in the world did you get this?

Guest Fibonacci

I agree with you OP. People will realize this by the end of next season. just like people will realize we cannot afford to take Mario and Nicks.