Lofton + Abe Could = Super Mario

VaderMan

Abe wanted 12 miliion / year(yeah right) we probably would have given between 7-10, so lets go with 9(which is a raise from last years 8mil)

We see the LBs being signed around the league and it looks like Lofton will average about 7 mill per.

So Thats 14-17 million that would have been spent on Abe and Lofton. All reports Ive heard said Super Mario will command anywhere from 13-16 mi per. Lets ask the question...would we rather have Abe and Lofton back or Super Mario? easy for me.....Super Mario by far!

To replace Lofton, I like the MLB from the combine Mychal Kendricks(Cal), he really lit it up, and ran 4.47 40 as well. What could Nolan do with him and Spoon in blitz packages?.....Just a thought.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of the DE you pay double digits to actually being on the field for more than 50% of the plays

Exactly, and to think he wants 12 mil per, wow...I just hope he doesnt lower his demands before we look into Super Mario first!

I like the idea of the DE you pay double digits to actually being on the field for more than 50% of the plays

Then you want Abe. Mario missed 17 of the Texans last 22 games. Abe missed one of our games over the same period. In the Texans last 22 games Mario showed up for 225 snaps. In the last 22 Falcon games Abe showed up for 886 snaps. LMAO.

For the same money I'll opt for one the best young MLBs, plus a DE that has more sacks, hits, hurries and games played in the last five years than any DE not named Allen.

Then you want Abe. Mario missed 17 of the Texans last 22 games. Abe missed none of our games over that period.

For the same money I'll opt for one the best young MLBs, plus a DE that has more sacks, hits, hurries and games played in the last year, two years, three years, etc. etc. etc.

Oh snapz! lol But Abe did miss a game in 2011, did he not?

I'm honestly confused FFS1970 - in the majority of threads you urge the team to dedicate money to the lines and that you are unhappy with the status quo.

And yet you want to re-sign for massive money two of the players who have been constant fixtures in our underachievement, one of whom plays a non-premium position with the other player being 34 years old and on a snap count.

I'm honestly confused FFS1970 - in the majority of threads you urge the team to dedicate money to the lines and that you are unhappy with the status quo.

And yet you want to re-sign for massive money two of the players who have been constant fixtures in our underachievement, one of whom plays a non-premium position with the other player being 34 years old and on a snap count.

You upgrade the lines by getting rid of the worse player and bringing in a better player not getting rid of the best player and bringing in a better player you catch the drift. Cut Blalock for Nicks nooo. Cut Abe for Williams noo. Cut Baker for Gaither yesss. Cut Biermann and Edwards for Williams yesss. Biermann and Edwards is worth 9mill together yeah right.

Ah, how I love the Falcons forums.

Ready to cut their two best defensive players for a high-profile DE off surgery and find 5th rounders and free agents to fill up the holes left on their defense. I'll give you guys a few games before you're ready to cut him.

Spoon would like to speak with you.

Sub-10 sacks each season since 2008 and season ending injuries in the past two seasons, among other things. He's very good with injury concerns, but certainly not elite.

Not saying he was, but he is the best DE available in FA. Health is a concern and maybe that plays in our favor. Who knows but it will be fun to watch what happens. Our odds are long though I think.

Whats all this BS about health he's had one bad injury in 6 seasons and suddenly he's injury prone that is straight up laughable.

Its not as though he's like Abe who has been carrying this groin injury for about 5 seasons and is on a snap count because he can no longer carry the load.

Sub-10 sacks each season since 2008 and season ending injuries in the past two seasons, among other things. He's very good with injury concerns, but certainly not elite.

Have a look a the D-line Mario before you start throwing stones in glass house's god your funny alright.

Name me a better DE in the game with the same talent Mario had on his D-line hahahahahaha that'll be a laugh i don't think you'll find one.

Whats all this BS about health he's had one bad injury in 6 seasons and suddenly he's injury prone that is straight up laughable.

Its not as though he's like Abe who has been carrying this groin injury for about 5 seasons and is on a snap count because he can no longer carry the load.

Played in only 5 games last year and finished the year on injured reserve is a concern. I did not say he was injury prone, plus he is only 27 yrs old meaning he has plenty left in the tank. IF we could land him, he would be a fine addition to our team.