Demorrio Williams Cut By The Chiefs

Wouldn't be opposed to it for the vet minimum. He looked great back in the 2005 season - I thought he was going to be a franchise mainstay.

Crowder and Williams for the minimum would give us decent depth at LB with Spoon/Nic/Dent/Adkins, and would free up money for the lines.

Already assuming Lofton's gone, eh?

I've had nearly a year to come to terms with it.

Why would we draft Dent otherwise? TD drafts for need - there were loads of "need" picks on the board but he uses our only pre-150 pick to draft a pure MLB.

I want Lofton re-signed myself but only if he'll take $6m / year. He'll get $7m+ on the open market, and with the money tied into Spoon and Nic, we're not going to pay it.

Well yall ole boys that have been around here know I'm a Demo/Boley fan.

I don't know what he looks like now but if I had a job at the Branch I would definitely want to take a look at him.

Thanks to Gazoo for taking me to lunch with Demo back in the day. Good times. Good guy. Dude made plenty plays for us.

Yeah. I was a huge Demo and Boley fan as well!

We might as well see if we can convince Jordan Beck to come back. He never had Demo's talent for catching a guy nine yards downfield but if you gave him a chance he'd give you all the mediocre coverage and offensive lineman highlights that Demo gave us during his last couple years here.

We might as well see if we can convince Jordan Beck to come back. He never had Demo's talent for catching a guy nine yards downfield but if you gave him a chance he'd give you all the mediocre coverage and offensive lineman highlights that Demo gave us during his last couple years here.

Wow. This post is so far from the truth it's stupid.

Give me a break, anyone watching Demo those last two years knows why we didn't attempt to re-sign him and he got such a small offer for a young starting linebacker.

Demorrio Williams made plenty of plays when he was here. I don't know what you were watching but I was watching a guy that when he got chances to play on defense made plays. He had 6.5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 5 interceptions, 8 passes defended and 1 blocked kick. Not bad from a part-time player.

Jordan Beck on the other hand was always hurt and I never saw him take any defensive snaps. If I saw him and that's a really big IF it was on special teams.

As Brookings was Blocking for the other team,

DMO was our best S,

He was fast,

DMO ran down more Rbs to stop long TD scores than anyone that I can remember,

I was sad the day DMO left,

because I knew there was nobody to stop the other RBs from scoring left(S) on our team.

I would definitely take him back for a backup.

I dont think he can play S,

but if Spoon gets hurt he can fill well @ WLB!

DMO played well at KC in preseason,

He just got beat out by a better player and he got limited snaps during the season