To A. Blank And T.d.- Go Ahead And Break The Saints Back !

With this bounty scandal and impending loss of draft picks, the time is right for the Falcons to further weaken the Saints by signing away their best offensive lineman in Carl Nicks. Time for us to do what needs to be done to fix this team. Nicks is a plug and play guy. No need to wonder if he will pan out, a la the lineman we now have waiting in the wings. We know what he can do. I've been calling for dude to be a Falcon for the longest.

With this bounty scandal and impending loss of draft picks, the time is right for the Falcons to further weaken the Saints by signing away their best offensive lineman in Carl Nicks. Time for us to do what needs to be done to fix this team. Nicks is a plug and play guy. No need to wonder if he will pan out, a la the lineman we now have waiting in the wings. We know what he can do. I've been calling for dude to be a Falcon for the longest.

I agree. LT is a major need too. I wonder if Nicks can still play LT from his college days?

Agreed. Many are calling for TD to go after Mario, and while I can't say I would be that upset if we did, I think Nicks could help take care of a long standing problem for our Oline. If it's one or the other, I vote Nicks.

Call it a hunch, but I think Nolan will make our D look better with what we already have.

Someone else will pay Nicks and take him away from NO. They'll be weakened anyway.

We need to concentrate on making OUR team as good as possible. And that starts with putting money towards premium positions like LT and DE, not towards a guard.

Guard is a premium position for NO because of Brees' stature, but is less so for Ryan.

If you really want to put a dagger in an Aint's heart let's sign Nicks, Colston and Meach. Them Who Dats would sht a brick.

We've done it before with Hebert, Ironhead and Mort. They hated it. Ironhead ran over em, Hebert did his version of the Dirty Bird in the Swamp Dome and Mort kicked em into oblivion. Ken Herock milked their roster.

If I were the GM I'd start my acquisition board with our division rivals. That's a two for one. Addition and subtraction.

What if Loomis picks up Abe, Lofton and Grimes? See what I mean?

Guest Fibonacci

I do not see enough money in the bank for Nicks or Mario.

we do that and we will not have a FB mughelli. we will only have svitek. and we will be with out HD. and be without Abe (Sure we think sid can take his place, but in all honesty are you 100% sure? Cause I think he has it in him, but I am not sure). JPW ask back up QB. no lofton (we clam Dent can take over, but we all have been hyped on people being GODs before ever touching an NFL field.) sounds like it would be a lot of draft picks we hope can rise up and a big lot of holes.

20 million left after grimes

+6 with mughellie and baker gone

-4 decoud

-4 biermann

-1 or 2 McClure

-1 sanders

-1 hayden

-1 peterson since lofton will have to be let go for a big move like this.

leaves us with 14.

now take into account as well snelling will be gone cause I bet he is seeking 2-3. and murlarkery will take HD with 3-4.

sorry guys but we just do not have the money right now to make big splashes in FA. leaving way to many holes to fill if we did make a huge move like this.

Edited by Fibonacci

No thanks to Nicks, for everyone *itching about signing Mario Williams (who is a rare DE that is hard to find in the draft or FA) I see alot of people willing to drop big money on a LG (solid gaurds in FA and draft every year, could easily find a top guard with our late 1st rnder next year). Add to that the fact that this guy has had character concerns since college, has already expressed he wants big money.

This guy has Albert Haynesworth written all over him. Me type guy who just want's money at a positon that should not be over-valued. I'd rather take my chances with Mike Johnson next season and a draft pick.

Williams on the other hand is a high character guy, has produced very well even with a below average coach before wade philips, has proven he is versatile and plays a position that every team covets and almost never hits FA and/or gets out of the top 15 picks of the draft.

Mario is a gift sent from heaven to ATL, we lack a pass rush and one of the best DE in the league will be available in his prime.

My take is we are going to work on this defense through the draft and low budget FA then spend our money in FA on the O Line. I could see us signing somebody like Meachem if we were to lose Douglas in FA. I would love for us to get Nick's and Meachem from the Saints just from the pure in your face factor.

As far as us being in the Mario sweepstakes, there is a possibility but we may have to do some creative contracts to make that happen. It is possible and even ESPN's John Clayton has put us in the running.

My take is we are going to work on this defense through the draft and low budget FA then spend our money in FA on the O Line. I could see us signing somebody like Meachem if we were to lose Douglas in FA. I would love for us to get Nick's and Meachem from the Saints just from the pure in your face factor.

As far as us being in the Mario sweepstakes, there is a possibility but we may have to do some creative contracts to make that happen. It is possible and even ESPN's John Clayton has put us in the running.

no way in **** we sign Meachem. IF HD moves on say hello to Kerry Mier in the slot.

no way in **** we sign Meachem. IF HD moves on say hello to Kerry Mier in the slot.

I agree we will see him more and he has been a gritty player on special teams. But he has to to show me something on the field first on OFF. We have not had a true 3rd down move the chains guy since we lost B Finn. I would love to see Mier fill that role.

I agree we will see him more and he has been a gritty player on special teams. But he has to to show me something on the field first on OFF. We have not had a true 3rd down move the chains guy since we lost B Finn. I would love to see Mier fill that role.

Honestly Meir should be nothing more than a 4th option/special teamer. I hope we make every attempt to bring back HD or draft another WR with quickness to work the slot.

Honestly Meir should be nothing more than a 4th option/special teamer. I hope we make every attempt to bring back HD or draft another WR with quickness to work the slot.

I would love for us to keep HD, I have really liked him from day one. He was way under used last year. Let's just hope our other needs don't out weigh what he can do for us

I would love for us to keep HD, I have really liked him from day one. He was way under used last year. Let's just hope our other needs don't out weigh what he can do for us

I think we should be able to bring back HD to a contract similar to Decoud's seeing as HD was not a started and has not had a chance to prove himself to garner a great contract. If TD is smart he gets it done or else the Julio Trade looks even worse a year later.

I think we should be able to bring back HD to a contract similar to Decoud's seeing as HD was not a started and has not had a chance to prove himself to garner a great contract. If TD is smart he gets it done or else the Julio Trade looks even worse a year later.

It boils down to two things. 1) being if Harry wants to get paid #2 WR money. 2) being if he does and with us having two true #1 WR's (which most teams don't) the price tag may take up too much money for what we have in other needs. HD deserves #2 WR money and many teams could use a guy like him.

Edited by Bohern

All these wr and no one to block. we only have one ball and one QB. We might want to protect both. rolleyes.gif