Decoud Is Re Signed

Guest Fibonacci

It would be no use because blowing a gasket will not change anything. Chill out man; it aint your money. lol

why do some people say this? you and1989 fan. you do realize that we helped build the stadium right??? it is our tax payers money. so in a way it is our money.

and why does it matter regardless of our money??? because it lets us know if we can be able to afford another player, or a bigger FA player.

and before you say we shouldn't care. I will be replying back with, then why the heck are you both commenting on it? for instance I don't care what Obama has done with putting money into so and so ship. you do not see me telling other who care that they should not. cause in a way it is our money and we care what is going on. some things we care about, some things you do not.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fibonacci

I will take that bet on Sanders all day long. They wont put 3 years into him. He came here for a 1 year deal to get his name back out there to be a starter. He had his chance in ATL, and the team made a new deal with DeCoud. They arent going t give Sanders the money or opportunity he wants.

Sanders came here for a one year. yes. but just cause someone comes for a one year doesn't mean anything for our future.

now sanders wants 2 million. but he got hurt last season, so that will decrease his value. we need depth to our safeties. so I still hold my bet that Sanders will return.

why do some people say this? you and1989 fan. you do realize that we helped build the stadium right??? it is our tax payers money. so in a way it is our money.

and why does it matter regardless of our money??? because it lets us know if we can be able to afford another player, or a bigger FA player.

and before you say we shouldn't care. I will be replying back with, then why the heck are you both commenting on it? for instance I don't care what Obama has done with putting money into so and so ship. you do not see me telling other who care that they should not. cause in a way it is our money and we care what is going on. some things we care about, some things you do not.

it doesnt make it your money. You paying taxes to build the stadium doesnt change that. Taxes dont pay the players salaries, Arthur Blank does, 100%. That is a foolish argument there. The highways dont belong to you. The police force doesnt belong to you. Your money pays for the services provided, not for the buildings or people themselves.

And as far as caring because of fielding a better team. You dont know the football players as well as the front office does, so put yor faith in them to field a good team. They have done exactly that or 4 seasons now. This is the best football this franchise has ever played, so have some trust in them to do their jobs.

I dont care what the team payed DeCoud. At the end of the day it doesnt matter to me. I am glad they kept him, since there were no better options out there. And if there were, it falls back on spending more, then hurting the chance for other players, as you comented. And unlike most around this crazy place, i dont think it is a good idea to replace every starter with new players just so there is something fresh on the team.

Guest TheIdowu

WE SIGNED HIM TO A $38 Million Dollar DEAL?!

OK? And that is bad? I am pretty sure our new glorified and fan-hailed DC has alot of clout and input.

Sanders came here for a one year. yes. but just cause someone comes for a one year doesn't mean anything for our future.

now sanders wants 2 million. but he got hurt last season, so that will decrease his value. we need depth to our safeties. so I still hold my bet that Sanders will return.

I could see him coming for one season. I am saying I will bet he dosnt come for 3 yrs as a backup. He said when he came to ATL it was for a chance to compete to start and build his name back up to start somewhere again.

Guest TheIdowu

I say it because it's true. IT is AB's money, not mine. He came there with money he already had

Where is this 6yrs/38mil coming from?

I don't think the numbers are official yet. I'd bet somewhere in the region of 5yrs/$20M

Yea.. I dont see those numbers being right... Normally teams dont do a 6+ year deal unless its a big contract and they want to fit in a certain amount of guaranteed money/signing bonus

I want to see what his contract numbers are tho.

Unless your primary residence in Atlanta is a hotel room, you contributed very little to the construction cost of the Georgia Dome.

I dont wanna hear any more BS about "We need change!" and "We cant just keep doing the same thing over and over, it's insanity!"

The re-signing of DeCoud (and Antone Smith, for that matter) are stupid moves.

This is exactly how i knew it would go down.

The coaches changes were needed and we got a proven upgrade in Nolan, i'll give em that.

But the player personel is where we are going to drop the ball.

Next, we'll lose Lofton just to save a buck. Then we'll lose Abe, but sign some cheap FA DE who is about the same age, but half as productive.

I'm really not sure the FO is watching the same Falcons team that i am.

DeCoud, really? rolleyes.gif

This is obviously done with Nolan's OK- if Nolan thinks he can do something with him, why not trust his judgment?

Watch game film...this is a not a good signing in terms of ability....I think this signing speaks to what the FO hopes Nolan can do with the defense and the fact that there are not any good FA safeties that would be that much of an upgrade over DeCoud....

The money on this deal is gonna be a little overpriced, b/c he is a starter which is going to somewhat suck as well...hopefully it is only for 3 years...I still think we draft DB/S in Roud 3-5 or at least bring in a vet FA to compete....

In TD we trust....

Most Atl fans agree with you

But NFL.com rankings for DBs (CB+FS+SS) has it this way

tied at #24 DeCoud

tied at #88 Moore --missed 2 games could have reached about #71

tied at #104 Grimes --missed 4 games could have reached about #64

Stop posting this. Everyone and their mother knows that these rankings mean absolutely nothing. Moore and Grimes are both top-25 in my mind, and DeCoud is middle of the pack. That being said, there is nobody better than DeCoud in the market right now so unfortunately we must stick with what we've got.

This is obviously done with Nolan's OK- if Nolan thinks he can do something with him, why not trust his judgment?

LOL

I dont know who made Nolan "God-of-all-football-knowledge", but i saw with my own eyes how bad DeCoud is. Until Nolan proves something to me he is nothing but our new DC.

Now...if those rumoured numbers (6 years 38 mil) end up to be BS and all we did was resign DeCoud to a one year deal worth 3 mil, i'll gladly retract my angerous statements.

Until then...i call this strike one against your beloved Mike Nolan.

LOL

I dont know who made Nolan "God-of-all-football-knowledge", but i saw with my own eyes how bad DeCoud is. Until Nolan proves something to me he is nothing but our new DC.

Now...if those rumoured numbers (6 years 38 mil) end up to be BS and all we did was resign DeCoud to a one year deal worth 3 mil, i'll gladly retract my angerous statements.

Until then...i call this strike one against your beloved Mike Nolan.

No source has numbers yet- the post earlier was probably just a joke designed to get the reaction it did.

Don't think Nolan is God, but he also has access to game film and also knows what was supposed to be happening on plays- it may be that DeCoud gets a bad rap because he's continually covering up someone else's mistakes.