John Lynch Talks About When He Played

John Lynch played for 15 years in the NFL for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Denver Broncos. The NFL on FOX analyst generally was regarded as one of the hardest-hitting safeties ever to play.

Over the past few days I've heard a few people, including former players, say that this is a league-wide problem. That's total BS. I played in the NFL for 15 years for two teams and never once was offered money to knock someone out of a game. If I had been offered money, I'd be a really wealthy man today. I even called some of my friends that played to see if they ever had been offered any bounties. None had. Don't get me wrong, we had player-generated incentives within our locker room, like $500 for interceptions or forced fumbles, but never, ever for hurting someone.

I'm not saying that there never have been bounties. When I first came into the league in '93, I heard other players talking about them, but those were more in terms of big hits and not hurting people. Coincidentally, teams stopped that process once the salary cap became part of the NFL. Any incentives were seen by the league as trying to circumvent the cap.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-bounty-scandal-new-orleans-saints-roger-goodell-admit-rules-have-changed-030512

now this I believe. at the end of the day the NFL is a fraternity. those guys strap on them pads and try to inflict as much pain as possible within the rules until the clock strikes 0:00. to intentionally try to hurt your brother & take away his livelihood is sick & twisted