Bounty-Gate Fallout?

When the Falcons lost the SB to DEN, of course there was the Eugene Robinson distraction from the night before. I'm NOT saying ER is totally responsible, but IMO it was definitely a distraction that contributed to the loss.

Makes me wonder if the suspensions, bad press, etc will have an effect on the Saints' play in '12. Of course all the NO fans will come here saying no way. But that's to be expected.

Just a thought................happy.png

You left out that Denver Cheated and they were millions over the cap at the time and they got punished but oh well!

The way Steve Young was talking he doesnt ever want to say the word "Saints" ever again

New Orleans Crayfish sounds better anyway

Ahhhhhh "bounty-gate" thank you....thank you! With you around the air is sweeter to breathe, the spring in my step is as light as air and the smile on my face has never been bigger. And now with their beloved Breesus livid with his contract situation....alls I can say is....cherry on top!

Tax Evasion

Players who received bounty payments should have reported them as taxable income; even if the payments arose because of criminal activity, such "ill gotten gains" are taxable. Failure to pay one's full share of taxes constitutes tax evasion. The IRS and Louisiana Department of Revenue are likely following the bounty system scandal with a watchful eye.

Contract Termination For Cause

If the bounty scandal becomes a major story, Saints owner Tom Benson may deem it necessary to fire players, coaches and front personnel who participated in it. Those firings could be done "for cause", which would relieve the Saints of any remaining financial obligations on the contract. A for cause firing may be appropriate because the bounty system is arguably criminal and tortious and is clearly outside the scope of any employment contract. It has also caused the Saints franchise serious and potentially irreparable harm.

Not that I need another reason to hate the Taints, but man.... this is fun to watch. Saints fans are in total denial and see all of this as bad luck and unjustified persecution over nothing. They're overdue for a biiiiiig reality check from officials and the media, and I anticipate a delicious, delicious flood of tainty tears.