Signings

vdove0926

Errrrg, ok. I was hoping to see another type of signing but this will suffice. What is Smitty's infatuation with Antone Smith?

A good ST guy. He really came on late in the season in punt coverage. He also will be a camp body to prove he still belongs and a good speed guy you would like to get screens too.

Errrrg, ok. I was hoping to see another type of signing but this will suffice. What is Smitty's infatuation with Antone Smith?

He has been very good in pre-season and not used during regular season (except for ST)

The very rare chances he has gotten (in regular season) have not been impressive.

Not sure-- but part of the hope for him maybe his college career. At Fla State he holds a lot of #2 records behind Warrick Dunn

A good ST guy. He really came on late in the season in punt coverage. He also will be a camp body to prove he still belongs and a good speed guy you would like to get screens too.

This ^

He's a serviceable enough RB that he could be used in an emergency situation during a game. I like having him around.

Palmer is a guy that you just can't get off your team. He has high desire and work ethic. Solid tight end that should get better with experience.

And I'm not hyping him up but everybody wants a TE to learn from Tony well this guy has been learning from him. He's not a supreme talenbe but imo this guy will be in Atlanta for a while. Might not ever be a starter but a good number 2 option.

And I'm not hyping him up but everybody wants a TE to learn from Tony well this guy has been learning from him. He's not a supreme talenbe but imo this guy will be in Atlanta for a while. Might not ever be a starter but a good number 2 option.

You've got to have at least 2 solid TE's in the current offensive philosophies.

Out of all the guys on our FA list we could bring back, we bring back Antone Smith?

So.....why in the heck did we even sign Nance back to the team? There's not room for both. We've already seen how this camp competition turns out. The best man lost before, and now Smitty has guaranteed his favorite useless camp body will win again.

A perfect example of wanting/needing change and being fed the same 'ol - same 'ol we've had for years. This draft is full of good RBs, and they will be available in all 7 rounds. I'd take just about any one of them in place of Smith.

We're gonna lose some good quality players, including big name stars for the Falcons this off-season, but God forbid we lose an incredible talent like Smith for a true upgrade. wacko.png

Out of all the guys on our FA list we could bring back, we bring back Antone Smith?

So.....why in the heck did we even sign Nance back to the team? There's not room for both. We've already seen how this camp competition turns out. The best man lost before, and now Smitty has guaranteed his favorite useless camp body will win again.

A perfect example of wanting/needing change and being fed the same 'ol - same 'ol we've had for years. This draft is full of good RBs, and they will be available in all 7 rounds. I'd take just about any one of them in place of Smith.

We're gonna lose some good quality players, including big name stars for the Falcons this off-season, but God forbid we lose an incredible talent like Smith for a true upgrade. wacko.png

But Nance is the replacement for Snelling -- Just joking

Smith(Palmer) were Exclusive Rights FAs stheir re-sign probably will have no impact on the other UFA re-signings

Edited by delaigle

But Nance is the replacement for Snelling -- Just joking

Smith(Palmer) were Exclusive Rights FAs stheir re-sign probably will have no impact on the other UFA re-signings

Even worse.

Those are the guys you want to shop around because you get something in return for them if another team wants thier services. Like draft picks.

I'd take an extra 7th rounder for Smith yesterday.

smdh