If Mario Williams Lands In Atlanta You Can Shut Down 85 The President's In Town

tobyd77

Man I'm getting excited just thinking about it Mario Williams a Falcon. After a splash DC signing in Mike Nolan couple that with Mario and we have an elite defense. I said that we wouldn't pay Mario that kind of money 12mil 13mil a season but I look for TD to shut my mouth on this one and bring him to Atlanta.

Mario wouldn't have made a bit of difference on those 4th and inches....

No doubt, Mario is a great talent and would be welcomed here w/ open arms, but with the money and picks we already have invested into our O we need to get the final piece that makes it work.

Great Point Ducky!!

Thanks. IMO It's just the number one priority for me in the NFL. Football is a game of inches. If you cant pick up those inches you don't deserve to win. Nothing was more infuriating to me last season than watching us fail miserably in that regard.

AB,TD,Smitty and Nolan will get him here with a dinner and a contract that him and he agents will not refuse.

Fly down to Houston in AB's private jet have the contract signed while there in the air,straight to a presser at the Branch welcome home young Fulla that would be my dream scenario..

Sorry Sid you gonna have to give up #90 if Mario hits the ATL.

Listen if we make a splash for Nicks or Levi brown than cool I'm all for it but listen TD has been talking about the o-line and does not sound like he is convienced that the guys he has drafted is a total wash and believes that Pat Hill can makes this line work.

14 mill for Williams > 8-9 mill for Nicks (LG).

you can find MLB, CB, Guards in FA and the draft every year. When was the last time a DE in his prime was available in FA who was considered one of the best in the league?

How many elite DE prospects make it out of the top 15 picks?

They are always over-the-hill or average players.

Peppers was the last one but he is in his 30's already.

With Mario we could sign him to a 6 year deal and he would be 32 at the end of the contract, we draft his replacement at that time.

There will be plenty of good OG at our pick @ #55 and Mike Smith has already said he wants Sam Baker back along with Pat Hill. The staff expects Patt Hill to improve our O-line.

Edited by FalconsManhood

Mario wouldn't have made a bit of difference on those 4th and inches....

No doubt, Mario is a great talent and would be welcomed here w/ open arms, but with the money and picks we already have invested into our O we need to get the final piece that makes it work.

Those 4th and inches could possibly turn into 4th and 12 with a guy that does not disappear against good left tackles, and we have 2 really good ones in our division that we play 4 times a year.

Edited by N1985oles!

Those 4th and inches could possibly turn into 4th and 12 with a guy that does not disappear against good left tackles, and we have 2 really good ones in our division that we play 4 times a year.

He's talking about on offense. Did you watch our playoff games? we got stuffed on 2 4th and inches.

The game was over before it started though, we played scared.

He's talking about on offense. Did you watch our playoff games? we got stuffed on 2 4th and inches.

The game was over before it started though, we played scared.

Yeah i did it was no different than during the season. My apologies Ducky misunderstood what you were talking about. On that subject. I will give Pat Hill a chance to change the output of the line. The guy put 37 more guys in the league than any of the previous coaches combined.