Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tobyd77

Drew Has Been Tagged

They may work something but it will not be before march5th and may not happen when FA opens either on march 13th. How much is it to franchise a QB? I think the Saints only have about 115mil against the cap and Colston and Nicks would both like to get paid. Nicks already stated that he didn't want to be tagged so that would have left Colston any way but they going to have to cu some guys to pay Nicks.

Man I just read that a tag for a QB is worth 14.4mil. This is going to get interesting for a team with only 115mil already used up in cap space.

Colsten is gone... id say thats a sure thing. They may even lose Nicks as well. But to many teams are searching for legit WR`s even if the market is good for them. He should get looks. Skins or jags or even bucs might make a solid run at him.

I tell you what! some of us may text fight on other posts but I sense a day of unity with the news that we have been hearing from our rivals within the last two days.

Excellent news. Now L'il Breesy is ****ed off and has little incentive not to demand everything he's worth. He and Peyton Manning tried to have the CBA amended before it was voted on so that they would specifically be excluded from being tagged. The Taints knew this was a sore point for him but they low-balled him and did it anyway.

Man I just read that a tag for a QB is worth 14.4mil. This is going to get interesting for a team with only 115mil already used up in cap space.

I thought I read that they used the Exclusive Tag on Brees, which costs more - maybe up around $16 mil (?)

The Saints wanted to use the Franchise tag before Rodger Goodell took the franchise tag away from them for breaking the NFL rules.

Goodell can't take away the franchise tag without violating CBA rules

Goodell can't take away the franchise tag without violating CBA rules

Just like Saints did by giving cash incentives to players ? wonder how much Sharper got on top of his contract to fit under cap and what not lol

I thought I read that they used the Exclusive Tag on Brees, which costs more - maybe up around $16 mil (?)

either way it makes for a tough outing for the saints who need to get a deal done with him before march 13th if they plan to keep Nicks protecting him.

Saints have already restructured Will Smith's contract which freed up $5M in cap space

Doesn't matter. Nothing now can prevent Nicks or Colston from testing the free agency market.

Doesn't matter. Nothing now can prevent Nicks or Colston from testing the free agency market.

Saints also have time to work out a new deal with Nicks (7yrs/$60M) or Coslton