If The Falcons Were Found Guilty Of Placing Bounties On Opposing Players...

ol'_dirty2

I really hope they make an example out of the Saints. Pat Y confirmed that everyone in the league knew the Ain'ts were dirty, and that these rumors were well known, yet the media and the NFL treated them like media darlings.

It still blows my mind that this has been going on for over 2 years, and with all the questionable calls that went the Ain'ts way there is no one in the media questioning the officiating.

Guest TheIdowu

If The Falcons Were Found Guilty Of Placing Bounties On Opposing Players..

I would be greatly disappointed and feel the entire organization deserves whatever punishment the NFL deems appropriate. I would be ashamed as a fan.

Guest Gritz

I would be greatly disappointed and feel the entire organization deserves whatever punishment the NFL deems appropriate. I would be ashamed as a fan.

QFT-My loyalty to the Falcons doesn't include turning a blind eye towards organizational wrongdoing.

Believe it or not I have a read a few posts from supposed Falcon fans who think that the Saints did nothing wrong.

Guest TheIdowu

QFT-My loyalty to the Falcons doesn't include turning a blind eye towards organizational wrongdoing.

Believe it or not I have a read a few posts from supposed Falcon fans who think that the Saints did nothing wrong.

NOW, wait a minute. THIS is shocking!!!! Yea, nice keyword you used there: supposed lol.

Guest Gritz

How do you punish the guilty without hurting the team's fans, who are blameless? Financial penalties are the only way.

That's actually a great and fair question.

Unfortunately my disdain for 95% of the Saints fan base prevents me from having any empathy for them.

I doubt if the vast majority of them felt anything but sheer glee when we had the twin disasters of Vick and Petrino in '07.

I really hope they make an example out of the Saints. Pat Y confirmed that everyone in the league knew the Ain'ts were dirty, and that these rumors were well known, yet the media and the NFL treated them like media darlings.

It still blows my mind that this has been going on for over 2 years, and with all the questionable calls that went the Ain'ts way there is no one in the media questioning the officiating.

Well according to Pat Y the Saints weren't exactly making friends in the league office and this could really come back to bite them.

They wouldn't have made a lot of money last year. All jokes aside most defenses want to go out there and make a big hit and rev the rest of the team up, but to want to intentionally hurt another person is just uncalled for. When you're trying to make money off getting another player carted off the field you're in the wrong profession.

As much as Goodell has tried to tone down the violence in the game if he doesn't bring down an iron fist for this nonsense then I'm at a loss for words. If Bill Belichick had to pay 500k and the Pats lost their 1st round pick and the Aints get less than that for this, I will have lost total faith in where the future of this game is heading.

Exactly...I was thinking the same thing this morning after seeing Saint Anger thinking it was funny. I didn't think it was funny when vick pulled his crap and quitrino pulled his....the Saints laughed at us as did a lot of the other fans. As a fan...I was personally ashamed and embarrased. But I'm a real fan ....not a my team does no wrong and I don't care what they do as long as they win fan.

You're F N A right, refs do appear to play the favorite

This exactly.

Intentionally injuring another player goes against everything that competition is about. We should win because we are the better team, not because we cheat and keep the other team from performing.

From Muskokas Finest -

How do you punish the guilty without hurting the team's fans, who are blameless? Financial penalties are the only way.

I disagree. Financial penalties and suspensions for all parties involved are on the table, and rightly so. Institutional penalties, like the loss of draft picks, are also completely appropriate. The fans are collateral damage. Sucks to be them, but the league comes first.

Edited by JOEinPHX

I'd find BVG or whomever instituted the policy and smack them for not being more successful...

But seriously, the only thing that would really satisfy me in regards to the Saints would be stripping their championship. (Which won't happen.)

At least we get to watch them squirm... :)

If the Falcons were ever found gulity of this, they should be punished accordingly. However, if you have seen our defense over the last few years, you would know there definitely isn't any bounty money being paid out. With the exception of a few good hits by Drob.

I'd find BVG or whomever instituted the policy and smack them for not being more successful...

But seriously, the only thing that would really satisfy me in regards to the Saints would be stripping their championship. (Which won't happen.)

At least we get to watch them squirm... :)

Agreed.

If they keep the title, the league will be allowing them to keep the rewards that they achieved through their dishonest actions. What message does that send?

Any other penalty is meaningless. Someone like Vilma/Sharper is hardly going to regret his actions just beause of a short suspension and/or fine, especially when he has a Super Bowl ring and replica trophy sitting on his mantle to show for it.

What's driving me nuts, is all the players and media types acting like this is no big deal. These idiots think that the NFL is just pissed about the bounty. We all know every NFL team has some kind of pool, or friendly agreement between players, which might mean a few bucks, or a dinner for who ever makes big plays. It's against the rules, but if they got caught, it would probably be a minimal fine and swept under the rug.

The Saints deliberately lied and impeded an expensive investigation for almost 3 years. If they had come clean about this 2 years ago, they would have had a little bad press, and slap on the wrist with a fine, or at worst the loss of a low draft pick. Now they will be made an example of, and they deserve every bit of it. They have tarnished everything.

I blame Saints fans along with the players, coaches and management. They should all pay for this, one way or another.

Officially change their name to the "Stains". Let's get it it done, Goodell.

From Muskokas Finest -

I disagree. Financial penalties and suspensions for all parties involved are on the table, and rightly so. Institutional penalties, like the loss of draft picks, are also completely appropriate. The fans are collateral damage. Sucks to be them, but the league comes first.

From Muskokas Finest -

I suspect they'll lose some draft picks, fines will be handed out along with suspensions to players and coaches. Don't be surprised if Vilma and Williams are fined and suspended for the whole season.

I suspect they'll lose some draft picks, fines will be handed out along with suspensions to players and coaches. Don't be surprised if Vilma and Williams are fined and suspended for the whole season.

They will probably cut Vilma anyway for cap reasons, and Williams isn't their DC any longer, so punishing those guys is necessary, but it would have no bearing on the Saints.