Are We Keeping Hd?

Grimes

Given the expense Atlanta has at WR and TE, it seems unlikely they will pay Douglas anywhere close to the #2 WR money he might get elsewhere. Any potential deal with HD is weeks away, if and when he exhausts other opportunities.

The problem is: Who is going to pay HD #2 WR money when he has <100 catches, only 1,100 yards, and 3 TDs for his career?

We see HD for what he can be, but that doesn't mean a team is going to give him that kind of money. If HD was on another team and we needed a #2 WR, none of us would suggest him as a free agent signing. Plus, HD is playing for his hometown team and the only other realistic team that will go at him is JAX and I doubt he wants to reunite with MM anywhere

The problem is: Who is going to pay HD #2 WR money when he has <100 catches, only 1,100 yards, and 3 TDs for his career?

We see HD for what he can be, but that doesn't mean a team is going to give him that kind of money. If HD was on another team and we needed a #2 WR, none of us would suggest him as a free agent signing. Plus, HD is playing for his hometown team and the only other realistic team that will go at him is JAX and I doubt he wants to reunite with MM anywhere

Any number of teams are short at WR: Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, Jacksonville, New England, Miami etc

Jenkins got 3 years - $9 million. Why can't Douglas do the something similar?

Any number of teams are short at WR: Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, Jacksonville, New England, Miami etc

Jenkins got 3 years - $9 million. Why can't Douglas do the something similar?

Jenkins got that because of Musgrave, hence I said HD only really has JAX to go to. Jenkins at least had production, more than HD as well. The only suitors for Jenkins was MIN and that isn't even #2 money. There isn't enough tape on HD to justify #2 money for him from any team.

People keep saying the only team that might be interested in HD in FA would be the Jags. Doesn't Musgrave in Minnesota also know what HD brings to the table, and they need WR's, that's why they brought in Jenkins last year.

They've got Harvin.

Jenkins got that because of Musgrave, hence I said HD only really has JAX to go to. Jenkins at least had production, more than HD as well. The only suitors for Jenkins was MIN and that isn't even #2 money. There isn't enough tape on HD to justify #2 money for him from any team.

Not very many teams are like Dallas, NYG and ATL in that they can boast a strong number 2. It's a numbers game. #2 money isn't that high and it's hard to judge Douglas when he's never started. Not saying he'll get rich, but from what he'll get offered, the number will be out of range for Atlanta and a 4th pass catching option.

Not very many teams are like Dallas, NYG and ATL in that they can boast a strong number 2. It's a numbers game. #2 money isn't that high and it's hard to judge Douglas when he's never started. Not saying he'll get rich, but from what he'll get offered, the number will be out of range for Atlanta and a 4th pass catching option.

Realistically, who is going to go after HD, an unknown slot WR, and pay him #2 money, when you can get better #2 WRs in the draft for cheaper, younger, and potentially more explosive?

Realistically, who is going to go after HD, an unknown slot WR, and pay him #2 money, when you can get better #2 WRs in the draft for cheaper, younger, and potentially more explosive?

Exactly. Quite frankly, when given the option of over-paying a #3 WR or picking up a replacement in the middle or late rounds of the draft, I'll take the latter. HD has loads of potential but he's very expendable.

Exactly. Quite frankly, when given the option of over-paying a #3 WR or picking up a replacement in the middle or late rounds of the draft, I'll take the latter. HD has loads of potential but he's very expendable.

The reason we will resign him is because there is no point for us to use one of the few picks we have on a slot WR when we have one. HD won't be over paid. That's gonna be an easy contract for us to knock out.

The reason we will resign him is because there is no point for us to use one of the few picks we have on a slot WR when we have one. HD won't be over paid. That's gonna be an easy contract for us to knock out.

I agree. It should end up being a silver lining of the Mularkey scheme and HD not being utilized much - a relatively cheap slot WR.

From the lack of reports, I'd say no, but the only negotiations that seem to be out in the open have been the Grimes and Abraham talks. They still have ten days until the free agency period begins and with Grimes franchised and effectively off the market even if he doesn't sign the franchise tag it gives the front office time to shift their focus to the other players.

#2 WR has been a league wide weak spot for years. That's the only silver lining I could see in the Julio Jones trade, that being great #2 WR are rare. A lot of teams don't even have a good #1.

Exactamundo.

Why the crap would HD even be interested in working for Mularkey again?

HD isn't Helen Keller. He saw and heard what went on here in Atlanta with Mularkey and himself.

"yeah, let me get back with my old girlfriend who never called me, cheated on me and farted in bed."

And then pulled a Dutch Oven on me...