Apparently On 790Thezone At 9:30 Today Td Reveals Who's Franchised

Grimes get 10 mill. Sorry Grimes haters. He will be here for sometime. Him and his wife. Deal with it.

After reading Nolan's comments concerning the value of a CB in his system I knew we were going to do this. I don't think Nolan's schemes play to Grimes strengths. Tagging him is still a mistake imo if the FO thought this highly of him we should have worked out a contract last year.

Before I get scorched I'm a big fan of Grimes BUT I think TD mishandled this whole mess as I stated above he should already be under contract.

Edited by Xfactor

1. td - brent will be franchised.

2. td - journey-man type player.

3. how to get to a contract #? td - difficulty is get thru the system currently in place. may not happen.

4. biermann resigned: td - nice sp player, will fit new system.

5. curtis? td - in middle of negotitation, not sure where it's at, complicated negotiations.

(spin for 'he's gone')

6. matt extension: td - franchise guy and most important. we will move forward, but no process at this point.

(la canfora can stick it)

7. abraham looking to get paid top 5 DE: mayhem - $12 M not feasible; td - every player wants as much as they can get. JA is a fine football player and we are evaluating our decisions, trying to be creative. hope he's back but we're not sure yet. could he come back at $8M? no comment.

8. hines ward? hypothetically a good target to get championship pedegree players, but they have to be able to take reps on the team and be a reason beyond presence of individual.

9. outside voices, coordinators have evaluated your team - kutter/nolan who good coordination? td - new eyes, new voices, come away after the frustration of last year, we have a fine foundation of football players, critical eye on who to keep, with new perspective, we have gotten positive feedback and very encouraged at our direction.

10. grimes franchised, abraham/lofton active in contract negotiations, no contract negotiations on matt ryan.

11. td - thanks for early west coast phone call.

After reading Nolan's comments concerning the value of a CB in his system I knew we were going to do this. I don't think Nolan's schemes play to Grimes strengths. Tagging him is still a mistake imo if the FO thought this highly of him we should have worked out a contract last year.

Before I get scorched I'm a big fan of Grimes BUT I think TD mishandled this whole mess as I stated above he should already be under contract.

they can still work out a deal. this just prevents him from being unrestricted.

Edited by Dominique is Manufique

Brent Grimes will be franchised! TD said that he IS a top corner in this league and I agree with him. This team is better with Brent than without him and I'm glad our GM recognizes that.

I agree. It would be nice if they can work something out before July b/c I think that means they could place the tag on someone else (not sure) but either way in just glad Grimes will be a Falcon next season.

If that's the case, Brees and Nicks shouldn't be FAs neither. Nor should any other top FAs. I'm sorry but I hate hearing that reason. It's not like we're the only team with good FAs about to hit the market.

Yeah I realize that I think we could have signed him for less if it was handled in a timely manner. This is just a typical TD all in type move imo.

if i remember correctly, they were negotiating a contract last training camp, so it's been an ongoing process for upwards of a year. you don't just sign a contract over lunch.

If that's the case, Brees and Nicks shouldn't be FAs neither. Nor should any other top FAs. I'm sorry but I hate hearing that reason. It's not like we're the only team with good FAs about to hit the market.

Agree but Grimes did everything but climb a **** mountain and annouce he wanted a new deal last year. Yeah and I hate seeing a team using the franchise tag unless the player is being unreasonable it usually means the GM or FO dropped the ball like in this case which 99% of the time cost the team more money even if a deal is reached.