Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robb4242

## Imd Rfa & Franchise Thread ##

23 posts in this topic

This is the thread where you will tender any RFAs that you have and where you can place a Franchise tag on a player.

Restricted Free Agents (RFA)

The RFA list can be found here

IMPORTANT DATES

RFA Tenders must be done by midnight on March 3rd. RFAs not tendered are UFAs starting on March 4th and can be bid on by any team without having to pay compensation.

RFA's with tenders can be bid on by other players until March 8th.

Original teams have until NOON on March 10th to decide if they want to exercise their right of first refusal or receive compensation.

Franchise tag must be placed on a player by midnight March 5th.

For RFA's the tender levels are:

Level 1: $1,000,000 for right of First Refusal. This amount counts against your cap space.

Level 2: $1,750,000 for right of First Refusal. Will receive a 2nd round pick if signed by another team.

Level 3: $2,500,000 for right of First Refusal. Will receive a 1st round pick if signed by another team.

Level 4: $3,250,000 for right of First Refusal. Will receive a 1st & 3rd round pick if signed by another team.

To tender an RFA, just post something similar to this: "The Cardinals tender A.J. Jefferson with a level 2 tender"

Franchise Tags

Every team can choose 1 player to franchise. Per NFL.com these are the values for the franchise tag in 2012 (rounded down to the nearest million):

QB: $14 million

RB: $7 million

WR: $9 million

TE: $5 million

OL: $9 million

DE: $10 million

DT: $7 million

LB: $8 million

CB: $10 million

S: $6 million

If you franchise a player, it will count against your cap space.

To place a franchise tag, just post something similar to: "The Washington Redskins apply the franchise tag to TE Fred Davis at a cost of $5 million"

The board had problems last night & I couldn't post this thread. Saw this in another thread & I am copying it over.

The Cleveland Browns place a 2nd Round Tender on RFA Marcus Bernard (DE/OLB)

Level 2 tender: $1,750,000 tender for right of refusal and 2nd round draft pick.

Arian Foster -

Level 4 tender: $3,250,000 tender for Right of first refusal, 1st round draft pick, and 3rd round draft pick.

The Cowboys tender FB Tony Fiammetta with a level 1 tender at $1 million and the right of first refusal

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will tender the following players:

RB LeGarrette Blount - Level 2 ($1,750,000)

WR Preston Parker - Level 1 ($1,000,000)

DE Michael Bennett - Level 1 ($1,000,000)

The New York Giants would like to place the following tenders:

Bear Pascoe TE - Level 1: $1,000,000 for right of First Refusal.

Jake Ballard TE -

Level 2: $1,750,000 for right of First Refusal.

The New York Giants would like to place the following tenders:

Bear Pascoe TE - Level 1: $1,000,000 for right of First Refusal.

Jake Ballard TE -

Level 2: $1,750,000 for right of First Refusal.

The list I had showed Bear as an UFA, not an RFA. Do you have something different?

Saints franchise Carl Nicks

WOW

Drew Brees hitting the market? Surely someone will offer at 75% of salary cap contract which NO can't match...

Wonder what NO will do at QB?

The Steelers tender:

WR Mike Wallace at Level 4 (3.25M)

CB Keenan Lewis at Level 2 (1.75M)

RB Issac Redman at Level 2 (1.75M)

OG Ramon Foster at Level 1 (1M)

DT Steve Mclendon at Level 1 (1M)

FS Ryan Mundy at Level 1 (1M)

OC Doug Legursky at Level 1 (1M)

***Edited to add Doug Legursky, thanks FalcoChicquera, I knew he only accrued 3yrs but couldn't find any website coinciding with what I thought ***

***I really think C Doug Legursky is suppose to be on the RFA list, I see sportrac has him listed as a UFA cornerback. If this is a mistake, I would like to place a Level 1 tender on him***

He is an RFA according to Rotoworld, NFL.com (only 3rd season) and a Steelers blog (who would know)

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5262/doug-legursky

http://www.nfl.com/player/douglegursky/4269/profile

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01/pittsburgh-steelers-2012-free-agents-analysis-gc-doug-legursky/

FYI

Free Agency was supposed to end tonight at midnight. However, if you make a bid prior to 7am Monday (3/12/12) I will count it. I meant to give a 24 hour warning before FA ended, but completely forgot last night.