Brooking (S) Going To Be Cut By Cowgirls.

Tandy Gossett

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMFAO!!!!

I hate Brooking since he bit on that pump fake against Arizona in the playoffs

That play doesn't bother me that much, there were a lot worse plays that game. The missed block by Ovie that lead to 6 points just after the half,or the bad angle by Milloy that lead to 6 points. That was a bone head play by Brooking to be sure but it didn't lead to points.

And add to that the untold number of 3rd and 16's since then and it's impossible to tell which has been worse.

I have always been a Keith Brooking fan and i personally believe that he is one of Falcon alumni that got s*it on by the Falcons. He played a heck of a game against us in 2009 and i think he deserved it. As for us taking him back i think he is done he's been in the league since 98 and hes running out of gas

But your forgetting trhe second line about being "drug 10 yards downfield"

This claim came up when buddy was here. Another myth. I did some research comparing him to Ray Lewis and Urlacher and buddy was making tackles closer to the line of scrimmage.

I've seen every Falcon LB. He's up there with Nobis and Jessie. The only one even close is Curtis Cut Him Lofton.

That play doesn't bother me that much, there were a lot worse plays that game. The missed block by Ovie that lead to 6 points just after the half,or the bad angle by Milloy that lead to 6 points. That was a bone head play by Brooking to be sure but it didn't lead to points.

And add to that the untold number of 3rd and 16's since then and it's impossible to tell which has been worse.

The reason THAT play bothered me and still bothers me is because we were only down 6. We stop them on that 3rd down and we at least had a chance to get the ball back and possibly score despite the bonehead plays you mentioned. LOL.... Sorry, still bitter about that

That was a missed block by Dahl, not Ovie. I believe that was the game killa. Not the 3rd and 16. The two bombs on Milloy didn't help though.

For some reason the Cowboy mocking didn't bother me as much as it seems to bother most of the Falcon nation. I really don't know why. I think it was because I was so pissed at the team for all the sorry as execution. The big punt return by Crayton. The punt on 4th down when we should have gone for it. The whiff sack by Abe, Beerman, Babineaux and Chauncey. Argggh. I hated that game.

Now the Chrystal Chandelier mocking really pissed me off. I still haven't gotten over it. That sorry bastid.

Brooking (S) Going To Be Cut By Cowgirls.

Hellfire how can you be cut if you are a free agent? Explain that to me. He won't be resigned by them but he wont be cut much to the dismay of the haters.

You guys are ridiculous and still giving a man who spent most of his career and good years to our team a hard time. Get over it.

He was one good player but like all great athletes, he became a victim of aging. We spend a lot of time giving pros and cons about older players. We need to forget how great some of these guys used to be. They were paid well for their performance while in their haydays. There comes a time when we have to set feelings aside and move on. We don't want to burden Mr Blank with having to push too many wheel chairs along the sidelines now do we? And the cost of bottled oxygen keeps increasing by the season.

Edited by bob_d

Does anyone remember how he acted after the Cowboys beat us? Then Karma struck and he couldn't handle it. Philly beat them and Brooking lost it. Life at that time wasn't fair.

Remember it well. That is exactly what I think about when Brookings name is mention. Lost all respect for him then.

What bothers me most about Brooking is that he just didn´t realize that he wasn´t a Pro Bowler anymore. He played "arrogant" but didn´t have the skills anymore to back it up. He refused to accept the reality and his ego became a problem for the team.

He is the total opposite of Mike Peterson, who embraced becoming a role player in his last years, showing that only the team matters.

Hellfire how can you be cut if you are a free agent? Explain that to me. He won't be resigned by them but he wont be cut much to the dismay of the haters.

You guys are ridiculous and still giving a man who spent most of his career and good years to our team a hard time. Get over it.

He completely sucked when he was here, he NEVER made an impact play pretty much his entire career in Atlanta, he was a liability and he only stuck around so long because of homers. And we've seen what a doosh he is since he left..

What bothers me most about Brooking is that he just didn´t realize that he wasn´t a Pro Bowler anymore. He played "arrogant" but didn´t have the skills anymore to back it up. He refused to accept the reality and his ego became a problem for the team.

He is the total opposite of Mike Peterson, who embraced becoming a role player in his last years, showing that only the team matters.

The funny thing is Peterson had more impact plays the couple of years he was here then Brooking did his entire career in Atlanta. Brooking was only visible on the field when he was making his usual tankles on players or giving up huge yardage in coverage.