Bad News On Og Nicks

falcon057

Brees may have a chance to get paid even more and go to a team and make another team a contender BUT NOOOOOOOO.. Of course he wants to stay in New Orleans and get a cheap contract for a cheap shot artist team. Does the Saints owner send the players women and free food and gas or something?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brees may have a chance to get paid even more and go to a team and make another team a contender BUT NOOOOOOOO.. Of course he wants to stay in New Orleans and get a cheap contract for a cheap shot artist team. Does the Saints owner send the players women and free food and gas or something?

Saints will franchise Brees before he can walk away, and he'll be one of , if not the highest paid, QBs in the NFL.

Fine bookmark and pull it up in 60 days as well. Falcons won't sign Nicks or draft a center.

"They'll most likely use the players already on the roster to fill the guard spot, Hawley & McClure will be the center, they'll bring a LT." thats your quote partner- are you now changing it .

Are we playing the shell game? wacko.png

"They'll most likely use the players already on the roster to fill the guard spot, Hawley & McClure will be the center, they'll bring a LT." thats your quote partner- are you now changing it .

Are we playing the shell game? wacko.png

If they fill the guard slot with players on the roster then they're aren't bringing in Nicks and if McClure/Hawley play center, they aren't drafting a center.

I'm not playing a shell game, I'm simple stating the same thing in different ways.

Try this:

Falcons won't sign Nicks, they'll fill the guard spot with players already on the roster.

Falcons won't draft a center, they'll either sign McClure or let Hawley start.

Falcons will sign a FA LT or possibly trade for one- saw a proposed trade with NE for Light that made a lot of sense- light could hold it down for a couple of years while they drafted a young LT.

To all the people saying that the Falcons will fix the interior line woes with players currently on the roster,

Don't come on the board cryin' this fall when Ryan is constantly laying flat on his back due to pressure right up the gut.

Don't come on the board cryin' when Turner, Rodgers, or whoever get stuffed repeatedly on short yardage situations.

It does appear that Nicks will get franchised. If he does become available, what's wrong with giving the guy big money. Who else on the line right now is better than him? I'd rather spend big bucks on an OG, than another DE.

Edited by Slick Skillet

agreed. I would go after Jared Gaither over Marcus McNeil - not near the health concerns. I would also probably draft a Carl Nicks clone like "Brandon Brooks" who can battle it out with Andrew Jackson and Mike Johnson. Garrett Reynolds goes back to backing up Tyson Clabo and Hawley goes back to the bench - where he belongs.

I never figured we would have a shot at Nicks, I think Grubbs would be a cheaper version at LG. What's up wit ya boy Brooks?

The taints are gonna get hard by the free agency bug. Brees and Nicks will most likely eat up all of their remaining cap space. They'll be losing Marques Colston, Tracy Porter, Robert Meachem, Shaun Rogers, Aubrayo Franklin, Chase Daniel, Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Turk McBride and Jeff Charleston.

And according to this link:

http://www.turfshowt...2012-carl-nicks

Nicks wants to get paid more than Jahri Evans.

Edit: Daniel is a RFA.

Edited by cnasty

If they don't franchise him, I say sign him and draft Ben Jones to play next to him at center. Sign McNeil and re-sign Svitek (cheap) to play tackle and call it a day for the offensive line. Sign Red Bryant from Seattle to play DT. Let Lofton walk. Re-sign Peterson cheap at MLB and let him and Dent play in the middle.

It is also a headline of nfl.com that nicks wants to be paid more than jahri evans.

He wont be a falcon, but it doesnt look like he will be a saint either at least. You just cant tie 90M into OGs.

I just dont see this team going to the bank omn a new OG with untapped potential in Johnson and Jackson. Maybe a guy like Chilo Rachal that can be had at a more reasonable price, but i dont see nicks, grubbs or evans really.

The money will go to OT. Smeone like McNeil, Collins or Light (if NE lets him go).

Carl Nicks doesn't want franchise tag

February, 21, 2012

Feb 21

By Pat Yasinskas

Fans in New Orleans might want to listen up. Same for fans in Atlanta and Tampa Bay that have their eye on this guy in free agency. NicksIn this Sirius NFL Radio interview with Jim Miller and Rich Gannon, Carl Nicks sounded like a man ready to explore free agency. The New Orleans guard said he hasn’t had any contract talks with the Saints.

“I haven’t talked to (general manager) Mickey (Loomis) at all,’’ said Nicks, who can become an unrestricted free agent on March 13.

Nicks wasn’t asked if his agent was in contact with the Saints. Nicks said he expects the Saints to first sign quarterback Drew Brees to a new deal. The Saints could put a franchise tag on Nicks for $9.4 million.

“I’ve heard a lot of rumors of the franchise tag, which is a lot of money,’’ Nicks said. “If you want to pay me, which I’m not a big fan of, what the franchise tag for an offensive lineman is worth, we might as well work on a deal.’’

Nicks isn’t the only member of the Saints that has a chance to be designated as a franchise player. If the tag isn’t used on Nicks or Brees, it could be used on wide receiver Marques Colston.

Nicks also may have been sending a bit of a message to the front office when asked how he would feel if he is hit with the franchise tag.

“Yes, I’d be upset if I got franchise tagged, straight up and down,’’ Nicks said.

Hopefully the FO doesn't share your sentiments. Don't believe AB believes our OL will be just fine, based upon what I heard at the end of the year presser. You list GB, PHI, SD olines, really? Do you really believe that MR is more mobile/elusive than Rodgers, Vick, Rivers? IMO, Ryan is more dependent on an effective OLine than those guys, simply because he slower afoot, and is more dependent on timing routes, not a slam, just an observation. This team is will struggle to have a winning season unless we seriously upgrade the OLine.

You can speak for all of those guys, but I decline to say that Rivers is mobile. Rodgers is very mobile. Vick, that should be described in a different way. Ryan has mobility. I think that he tries too hard, and it's similar to Vick trying to become a pure pocket passer.

agreed. I would go after Jared Gaither over Marcus McNeil - not near the health concerns. I would also probably draft a Carl Nicks clone like "Brandon Brooks" who can battle it out with Andrew Jackson and Mike Johnson. Garrett Reynolds goes back to backing up Tyson Clabo and Hawley goes back to the bench - where he belongs.

Gaither is the reason the Chargers will probably release McNiell in the first place. Its hard to see SD letting them both go.

McNiell has missed eight games to injury in his entire career, most of them came last season. McNiell was injured Nov 11. He is only becoming available because team doctors do not think McNiell will be recovered enough to receive a clean bill of health in March when McNiell's contract becomes guaranted for 10 plus million.

With Gaither on board the Chargers figure to cut McNiell, making him available for us. I hope.