Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

The Official 2012 Atlanta Braves Spring Training Thread

614 posts in this topic

Gilmartin was good, slider froze Mac and Freeman for Ks changed speeds well kept everyone off balance just made one mistake to Uggla

Game was called due to rain Braves win 4-3 over Futures record attendance of over 10,000 but with that Spring Training is officially over!

I had to leave home right after the Uggla homerun so I didn't get to see the rest of the game. There is a replay scheduled for tomorrow on CSS. I might catch that. It's not that big a deal. Ready for Thursday. Less than 48 hours till first pitch.

Not a fan of the weekday day game to start the season rather it be primetime especially since I wont be able to watch any of it

Yeah me neither. All 3 games against the Mets are day games.

Last minute change in the final roster, the Braves have removed Flande and sent him to the minors and replaced him with Chad Durbin on a 1 year deal

Looking at his WAR and WHIP, this has all of the makings of Scott Procter Part Deux. I hope I'm wrong but this move makes no sense to me.

Looking at his WAR and WHIP, this has all of the makings of Scott Procter Part Deux. I hope I'm wrong but this move makes no sense to me.

Look at what he did with the Phillies the last few years. Sure last year with the Indians wasn't great but he was a big part of the Phillies bullpen the 3 years before that. To compare him to Proctor is totally unfair.

Look at what he did with the Phillies the last few years. Sure last year with the Indians wasn't great but he was a big part of the Phillies bullpen the 3 years before that. To compare him to Proctor is totally unfair.

Unfair?

Proctor has a better career ERA, WHIP, K/BB, and a slightly better WAR.

Just because Durbin played on some good teams doesnt make him a good pitcher.

The move is just to fill a spot with an arm that works and has experience. He may well be like Proctor and that will likely be his role this season. He will be used in garbage time whent he game is out of hand. Much like Proctor or Linebrink were last season.

Unfair?

Proctor has a better career ERA, WHIP, K/BB, and a slightly better WAR.

Just because Durbin played on some good teams doesnt make him a good pitcher.

If you're going by career numbers then yes Proctor is going to have better numbers. But most of Durbin's career was spent as a starting pitcher. There should be no reason for him to ever start a game for the Braves. But if you look at him since 2008 when he was move to be exclusively a reliever he's done good. He has a 4.07 ERA in the 4 years starting with 2008.

Im exicted to see Francisco under Walker and Chipper's tutelage

Under Chipper's guidance yes but Walker's not so much. I'm still not sold on Walker being a good hitting coach. I think Scott Fletcher and Chipper should get most of the credit if Heyward has a monster comeback year.