Are Dimitroff, Smitty And Matty Ice Still Right For The Falcons?

falcon057

Are Dimitroff, Smitty And Matty Ice Still Right For The Falcons?

Yes...if.

TD can draft players to overcome MS timid coaching approach and surround MR with overwhelming talent.

MS can step up and coach up TD's poor draft picks and put some game rooster back in MR.

MR can prove he is an elite QB and overcome the hit/miss draft picks of TD while making MS ashamed of himself for trying to shelter him.

If anyone of those 3 happen then they will be right for the Falcons going forward...w/o question.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times are we gonna see a similar thread to this one? Every other day it's another thread talking about how Smitty, Ryan and TD suck and they need to leave.. blah, blah, blah. It's really getting annoying reading the same shittt every single day. Just shut the fucckk up and face it that the HC, GM & QB are here to stay!

Hate to break it to you, broseph, but if this team doesn't start winning play-off games very soon, Smith at least will be out the door.

Matty sub-zero is the best QB in the history of the universe. He is definitely the best choice for the Falcons or ANY OTHER team for that matter, even the Saints would be licking their chops to get Matt Ryan if possible. Have you guys seen this dude play??? Throws them balls like you wouldn't BELIEVE. Superior in every category, no one can replace this man on this team. TD on the other hand needs to go back to the salon, so the Falcons can grab a real GM.

Matty sub-zero is the best QB in the history of the universe. He is definitely the best choice for the Falcons or ANY OTHER team for that matter, even the Saints would be licking their chops to get Matt Ryan if possible. Have you guys seen this dude play??? Throws them balls like you wouldn't BELIEVE. Superior in every category, no one can replace this man on this team. TD on the other hand needs to go back to the salon, so the Falcons can grab a real GM.

^^^ Trying way too hard

Bradley is pretty much spot on in his article, which i think he trolled this board a little for most of what he wrote - which is fine that he copied some of my posts.

2008 was Ryan's best season, and our team overall. Since then things got more and more conservative and vanilla, and that wont Win in the NFL.

Yeah, he was a gunslinger and 2008 and had a spark. But HOW was that his best season? Statistically, Matt Ryan had a great season (29 TDs 12 Ints, 4122 yards).

Yeah, he was a gunslinger and 2008 and had a spark. But HOW was that his best season? Statistically, Matt Ryan had a great season (29 TDs 12 Ints, 4122 yards).

You just answered your own question. Matt Ryan was Fearless. 5 guys blitzing the pocket - Matt Ryan in 2011 back-pedals, scrambles out of the pocket, then throws the ball out of bounds. Matt Ryan in 2008 steps forward in the pocket, eyes downfield, oblivious to the monsters collapsing the pocket, and rockets the ball down the middle of the field. Stat sheets dont always tell the tale.

Edited by The Falcon Jedi Knight

I find it funny that this franchise has finally gotten to the point where we expect to be in the playoffs every year and have gotten there 3 times and yet now there is a question of what do to next. I think Arthur Blank would be wise to learn from his mistake of firing Dan Reeves and stay the course with Smitty.

Oh and I find it funny that someone is questioning the leadership of Smitty. If Smitty wasn't the leader he is the Falcons won't be in the position they are today. The Falcons have lost 2 games in a row once in 4 years. That is just unheard of for this franchise. Why? It's because Smitty is able to properly correctly coach mistakes from the previous week and get the team ready to play the next.

Sure. Sooner or later you have to win once you get into the playoffs but I'm enjoying the fact that it's not a pipe dream anymore that I realistic expect the Falcons to be in the playoffs every year. That's never been done before.

And 9-14 isn't that bad against playoff teams. I bet you other playoff teams over the past 4 years have similar records. You get to the playoffs by beating the teams you are suppose to beat and getting to as close to .500 as you can against the playoff teams. If only the Braves would learn that they wouldn't have missed the playoffs last year.

I wasn't around during the Bennett years but judging by watching old games of 1978, 1979 and 1981 and the Falcons were a very good team. I always wondered what happened to end Bennett's time as HC.

Bennett's last season was a strike year, instead of having division winners and wild cards, the playoff teams were the top six teams in each conference. The Falcons looked a lot like they did this last postseason, as if the players really did not want to advance. We lost to the Vikings, I think it was, in a game very similar to the Giants game.

Bennett reportedly wanted to shake up the team, he wanted to trade Bartkowski away and get some fresh blood in here. But the GM at the time, Eddie LeBaron and the ownership decided Bennett had taken the team as far as he could. So, Bennett got fired, LeBaron kept his job, the Falcons hired Dan Henning away from Washington, and we went thru nine or ten straight seasons of losing. I wish posters would keep this in mind when they talk about getting rid of Smitty...

Bennett's last season was a strike year, instead of having division winners and wild cards, the playoff teams were the top six teams in each conference. The Falcons looked a lot like they did this last postseason, as if the players really did not want to advance. We lost to the Vikings, I think it was, in a game very similar to the Giants game.

Bennett reportedly wanted to shake up the team, he wanted to trade Bartkowski away and get some fresh blood in here. But the GM at the time, Eddie LeBaron and the ownership decided Bennett had taken the team as far as he could. So, Bennett got fired, LeBaron kept his job, the Falcons hired Dan Henning away from Washington, and we went thru nine or ten straight seasons of losing. I wish posters would keep this in mind when they talk about getting rid of Smitty...

Most didn't have to live thru it. I hope ABlank remembers!

Don't event fooking go there! You, and the vast majority of the this Message board don't even have a clue. Perrential success, whatever that means, is irrelvant in the grand scheme of things. Playoff wins, and, ultimately a SB is all that matters, and you just don't get it.

Oh thank God you're here, despite being a fan of football for 30 years, watching 95% of the snaps of the last 4 years [just couldn't watch the 07 team, too painful] and most of the snaps of Vick's era, being able to make successful predictions about this team; I was awash in ignorance until the blinding white light of your lucidity opened my eyes.

My idea that the Falcons are screwed for 5-7 years if TD, Smith & Ryan aren't the answer? Must have occured to you long ago...

Playoff wins are important? Really, who knew?

We're playing to win a Super Bowl? Wish somebody had let me know, wouldn't have enjoyed all those regular season games, knowing they were meaningless without the ultimate prize.

So tell me oh wise one, how are you supposed to win in the playoffs without getting there first?

Sure, sucks to lose in the playoffs, still much better than not making the playoffs at all. They keep making the playoffs, they'll break through.

They are. It would be a near disaster to gut a team and front office culture that has led to so much success. There's just really little perspective sometimes with this idea that regular season success doesn't lead to playoff wins, doesn't lead to Super Bowl appearances and even...Super Bowl wins. If you disagree with this...look at a list of those teams that have won the Super Bowl. There are a few exceptions (Saints, Bucs) but for the most part...the winners are all teams that get in the play offs and have a winning record year after year. To ignore this...is pretty silly.

Oh thank God you're here, despite being a fan of football for 30 years, watching 95% of the snaps of the last 4 years [just couldn't watch the 07 team, too painful] and most of the snaps of Vick's era, being able to make successful predictions about this team; I was awash in ignorance until the blinding white light of your lucidity opened my eyes.

My idea that the Falcons are screwed for 5-7 years if TD, Smith & Ryan aren't the answer? Must have occured to you long ago...

Playoff wins are important? Really, who knew?

We're playing to win a Super Bowl? Wish somebody had let me know, wouldn't have enjoyed all those regular season games, knowing they were meaningless without the ultimate prize.

So tell me oh wise one, how are you supposed to win in the playoffs without getting there first?

Sure, sucks to lose in the playoffs, still much better than not making the playoffs at all. They keep making the playoffs, they'll break through.

Man I don't mean to be a di ck , But, I''m just tire of just settling. Am I apprecitive for the the most productive four years in Falcon history? Certainly! What bugs me, as a fan since 1966, seen this movie before and just want a better ending for once, Is that so much to ask for? Most here, imo, and from what i've read, are grasping at straws with unwarranted excuses, (MM/BVG/position coaches, etc),. Well the whipping boys are removed, and the only one left standing without a chair, and IMHO, the real reason(TD). this team has been irrelevant against qulality/playloff opponents as of late, and is still employed by the Falcons.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Man I don't mean to be a di ck , But, I''m just tire of just settling. Am I apprecitive for the the most productive four years in Falcon history? Certainly! What bugs me, as a fan since 1966, seen this movie before and just want a better ending for once, Is that so much to ask for? Most here, imo, and from what i've read, are grasping at straws with unwarranted excuses, (MM/BVG/position coaches, etc),. Well the whipping boys are removed, and the only one left standing without a chair, and IMHO, the real reason(TD). this team has been irrelevant against qulality/playloff opponents as of late, is still employed by Falcons.

I do get annoyed when posters assume they're only one who knows anything.

What if BVG didn't play Sidbury because he wasn't good against the run and Nolan lets him just rush the passer for 12 sacks?

Or if MM didn't trust anybody but the big three and Meier, Rodgers & HD become key contributors to the offense under Koetter?

Think MM has been drafting for aggressive schemes that the previous coordinators didn't run.

Think TD has made many more good decisions than bad. Think people don't remember how little talent was here when he got here.

Yeah, whole team has to step up its game, esp. in the playoffs. Am I sure they can do that? No, but I am sure that if they can't, it'll be 5-7 years before he next regime can win.

I do get annoyed when posters assume they're only one who knows anything.

What if BVG didn't play Sidbury because he wasn't good against the run and Nolan lets him just rush the passer for 12 sacks?

Or if MM didn't trust anybody but the big three and Meier, Rodgers & HD become key contributors to the offense under Koetter?

Think MM has been drafting for aggressive schemes that the previous coordinators didn't run.

Think TD has made many more good decisions than bad. Think people don't remember how little talent was here when he got here.

Yeah, whole team has to step up its game, esp. in the playoffs. Am I sure they can do that? No, but I am sure that if they can't, it'll be 5-7 years before he next regime can win.

I get it, and I hate that I come off sounding like FF1970, But I'm just frustrated. Depite a impressive start, and, I really don't faut TD for the Baker debacle, his heart was in the right place, given the run on quality OT in 08, he mean't well. He's just been off his game as of late draft wise and has really sucked in free agency. Just my opinion, but I truely believe, either he steps up and delivers or we we'll have a new GM in 2013.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

I get it, and I hate that I come off sounding like FF1970, But I'm just frustrated. Depite a impressive start, and, I really don't faut TD for the Baker debacle, his heart was in the right place, given the run on quality OT in 08, he mean't well. He's just been off his game as of late draft wise and has really sucked in free agency. Just my opinion, but I truely believe, either he steps up and delivers or we we'll have a new GM in 2013.

Not a chance in heIl TD is gone if he misses this year. There are plenty of teams wishing they had a GM half as good as TD. If you want a GM who was missing badly but got it covered up by his QB, look no further than Bill Polian. He missed for years and built no depth for that team and everything came crumbling down. The depth on this team is severely underappreciated. Yes, he hasn't added many blue chippers and needs to get working on that. But the foundation he built for this team is a very solid foundation. To the point where some of us are debating letting go of our 3 better defensive players because we believe the players behind them can step up. That's the mark of a good GM. Take away the Peters and Dents and Franks and Biermanns and then I would understand TD's criticism. But the guy has a very solid team built in 4 years with off the field problems or anything potentially hazardous.

Yep. I remember hearing about how the Colts in 86 or 87 had lost like 10 straight games and then beat the Falcons.