Roddy For The Love Of God!

ThunderCookie

its funny how you will defend the leader of our government when people try to blame government problems on him but don't do the same for Goodell. It is a similar situation in principle

I defend him when I feel people are not giving him fair criticism.

Do I think it is all Goodell's fault?

Nope the players had a big big part of the lock out and the issues but when you look at how uneven he has been with fining and punishing players /coaches and the incredibly inconsistency in the way things are called on the field not to mention NUMEROUS complaints by players in the way he interacts with them.

I can see why he was the first nfl commish to get booed during the daft

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not much that comes outa 84s mouth do i agree with....but on this , I am with Falcons56 ....the only reason the ratings are so high is no one has a life anymore, the NFL has became a soft league, and caters to soft play

by that rationale you should have similar viewer ratings with the MLB and the NBA and you don't

Wrong again. Roddy says nothing about his performance. He is just complaining about his paycheck.

Again if he had not taking a shot at his performance in the past I would agree.............but he has.

I can not speak for roddy ( lord knows he does enough speaking for himself).

However I think if Goodell has a better reputation with the players then alot of the comments about we see about pay and stuff including roddy's probably do not get made.

by that rationale you should have similar viewer ratings with the MLB and the NBA and you don't

Had the Lockout continued and there were actual games missed you would.

Baseball was nearly dead after the strike in the mid 90's.....the Steroid issue over the last few years has also caused lost interest in baseball.

Not to mention most baseball fans think Selig is a tool of epic proportions.

and the NBA lost a big chunk of its season due to a lock out,........which also pissed off A LOT of NBA fans.

So not really good analogies

Had the Lockout continued and there were actual games missed you would.

Baseball was nearly dead after the strike in the mid 90's.....the Steroid issue over the last few years has also caused lost interest in baseball.

Not to mention most baseball fans think Selig is a tool of epic proportions.

and the NBA lost a big chunk of its season due to a lock out,........which also pissed off A LOT of NBA fans.

So not really good analogies

actually the analogy is spot on. the NBA lockout just occurred so that must mean you are selectively ignoring all the years before it.

also, the baseball strike has no current bearing on viewership. if people can't even be bothered to remember 9/11 how do you expect them to be affected by a strike that was 20 years ago

actually the analogy is spot on. the NBA lockout just occurred so that must mean you are selectively ignoring all the years before it.

also, the baseball strike has no current bearing on viewership. if people can't even be bothered to remember 9/11 how do you expect them to be affected by a strike that was 20 years ago

Yes the NBA lockout just happened and people are pissed about it.

The nfl lock out just happened this past year and the attendance was down this past year.

I did not say the current viewership has been effected by the baseball strike, I said it was nearly dead, and it was.

It took the home run chase of 98 to bring it back.

I also said the RECENT steroid issue has hurt the game, and it has. And hardcore baseball fans DO remember the strike and that is still a point of interest for people when they talk about Seliq and his toolishness.

Yes the NBA lockout just happened and people are pissed about it.

The nfl lock out just happened this past year and the attendance was down this past year.

I did not say the current viewership has been effected by the baseball strike, I said it was nearly dead, and it was.

It took the home run chase of 98 to bring it back.

I also said the RECENT steroid issue has hurt the game, and it has. And hardcore baseball fans DO remember the strike and that is still a point of interest for people when they talk about Seliq and his toolishness.

but you responded to a post that was about viewer ratings laugh.png

stop trying to go in circles. Shredman made a post that, if true, would mean that the ratings for the NBA and MLB would be just as good as football. Go back and read his assertion. They aren't, and haven't been in long, long time.

end of story

I defend him when I feel people are not giving him fair criticism.

Do I think it is all Goodell's fault?

Nope the players had a big big part of the lock out and the issues but when you look at how uneven he has been with fining and punishing players /coaches and the incredibly inconsistency in the way things are called on the field not to mention NUMEROUS complaints by players in the way he interacts with them.

I can see why he was the first nfl commish to get booed during the daft

Despite all that, he has figuratively dropped fewer balls than Roddy has literally.

And anyone who holds out while under contract loses all rights to say one word about other people's money.

I understand that you don't like Goodell, but that doesn't change the fact that Roddy is an attention whore and the only diva on the team.

but you responded to a post that was about viewer ratings laugh.png

stop trying to go in circles. Shredman made a post that, if true, would mean that the ratings for the NBA and MLB would be just as good as football. Go back and read his assertion. They aren't, and haven't been in long, long time.

end of story

You are right you as far as why is what you are neglecting.

People in baseball still think Seliq is a tool and the steroid stuff has really hurt baseball over the last few years.

Do you honestly think had the lock out continued the nfl's popularity would not have been SEVERELY diminished?

Do not forget the NBA also had a work stoppage in the mid 90's too.

The baseball strike and NBA stoppage allowed the nfl to gain a foot hold...... and then the nfl became unpredictable and parity became the theme.Where is entirely possible 9-7 team can win the superbowl.

People grew tired of MLB and NBA. So even if they had no lives they still would not watch them as in the past

Despite all that, he has figuratively dropped fewer balls than Roddy has literally.

And anyone who holds out while under contract loses all rights to say one word about other people's money.

I understand that you don't like Goodell, but that doesn't change the fact that Roddy is an attention whore and the only diva on the team.

Actually I like SOME of goodell's ideas. I just think he is a puppet for the owners.

I do not see Roddys hold out as being relevant to discussion at all.

Now had he said His contract is his contract and he should honor it, then you would be 100% right Roddy would have nothing to say about money in that case.

He is saying Goodell does not deserve the money for what he does.

And I an a lot of other people agree with him.

Also I would not consider roddy to be a "diva"

He talks alot....sometimes too much but he is not a diva.

Diva wrs don't get out there and block their *** off , and almost always be the first one to congratulate a team mate like he does.

Actually I like SOME of goodell's ideas. I just think he is a puppet for the owners.

I do not see Roddys hold out as being relevant to discussion at all.

Now had he said His contract is his contract and he should honor it, then you would be 100% right Roddy would have nothing to say about money in that case.

He is saying Goodell does not deserve the money for what he does.

And I an a lot of other people agree with him.

Also I would not consider roddy to be a "diva"

He talks alot....sometimes too much but he is not a diva.

Diva wrs don't get out there and block their *** off , and almost always be the first one to congratulate a team mate like he does.

who do you think is at the forefront of television contracts for the NFL? you know....the record setting ones that the NFL has been getting while Goodell has been there?

the same ones that enable Roddy to make the money he does. the people who are in the best position to judge him, the owners (since they have the most to gain and lose) seem to think he is doing his job which ultimately is to make the NFL successful

You have a short memory then.

http://blogs.bettor.com/NFL-players-criticize-Roger-Goodell-a21362

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_players_hatred_for_goodell_grows_050411

"“He’s the face of this whole problem, the face of the league that locked out the players,” Fujita says. “He is just the face who’s trying to shut down the game and take away our livelihood – and that pisses guys off. It’s as simple as that.”"

And there are other links out there as well.

Of course the owners love him he is their mouth piece and has their best interests at heart.

Wait, you mean the players were criticizing him when there was a potential work stoppage? That's the questioning of his performance you're talking about? C'mon bro. Really?

Both parties are disgusting right now.

Where is a leader?

I hear Chelsea Handler is gonna throw her hat in the ring as an independent. She may not be able to though since she wants to appoint her little Mexican sidekick Chuy Bravo as her running mate.