Roddy For The Love Of God!

ThunderCookie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

Well football players get more money a year than soldiers in the military, and we both know which has the luxury. I don't think athletes should ever complain about what someone else is making. He makes money to stay in shape and catch a piece of leather(and also drop it I guess), and I don't complain. Roddy is a hypocrite, but don't get me wrong. I still like him, and I definitely don't like Goodell.

I do not see what the problem with what he said is.

Goodell **** near saw the first work stoppage in nearly 30 years,

He is totally unfair when it comes to punishments

He has made it almost impossible to play decent defense in the nfl with this "emphasis on safety"

I know many many fans who were ready to right off the nfl after last off season. and he is a BIG part of that.

He has made it almost impossible to play decent defense in the nfl with this "emphasis on safety"

I know many many fans who were ready to right off the nfl after last off season. and he is a BIG part of that.

I'm pretty sure the owners caused the lockout since, none of them could come to an agreement.

He just got one of the biggest tv contracts in all of sports history.

Revenue is the most it's ever been

He has no choice but to implement safety precautions, or more players would be suing the NFL and Congress was likely to get involved anyway.

Goodell also has the NFL on a bigger stage than ever before. It's worldwide and raking in billions of dollars annually. If the owners are ok paying him $20 million a year (because that's where his salary comes from), so be it.

And trust me, no real NFL fan was ready to write off the NFL. The devil himself could be commissioner of the NFL and we'd all be watching every Sunday and on here the rest of the week talking about it. ****, a high percentage of fans in TAFT think the NFL orchestrated the entire '09 season to give the Saints a Super Bowl, yet they still watch and spend money on the NFL. They challenge the integrity of the game and they're still involved. Goodell couldn't run NFL fans away if he tried.

As far as Roddy, he can say whatever he wants. He's very close to no one caring.

Edited by mvcrook

Dude just can't seem to keep his trap shut.

Glad he's a Falcon.

Liar. tongue.png

Goodell also has the NFL on a bigger stage than ever before. It's worldwide and raking in billions of dollars annually. If the owners are ok paying him $20 million a year (because that's where his salary comes from), so be it.

And trust me, no real NFL fan was ready to write off the NFL. The devil himself could be commissioner of the NFL and we'd all be watching every Sunday and on here the rest of the week talking about it. ****, a high percentage of fans in TAFT think the NFL orchestrated the entire '09 season to give the Saints a Super Bowl, yet they still watch and spend money on the NFL. They challenge the integrity of the game and they're still involved. Goodell couldn't run NFL fans away if he tried.

As far as Roddy, he can say whatever he wants. He's very close to no one caring.

FTW!!!

Name 1 fortune 500 CEO that takes less then 20 million? NFL makes more money then GM, Ford motors and Wal Mart.

Name 1 fortune 500 CEO that takes less then 20 million? NFL makes more money then GM, Ford motors and Wal Mart.

Here is the problem with your argument...

Roddy didn't complain about how he did his job. He was complaining about his salary. That's it. Roddy is a petty little child angry at anyone who has more candy than he does. Period. End of story.

Edited by HailRazor

I'm pretty sure the owners caused the lockout since, none of them could come to an agreement.

He just got one of the biggest tv contracts in all of sports history.

Revenue is the most it's ever been

He has no choice but to implement safety precautions, or more players would be suing the NFL and Congress was likely to get involved anyway.

I don't often agree with you, but this is spot on

I have no problem with the safety precautions, but they need a better method of reviewing out there so the officials aren't inadvertently determining the outcomes of games

Here is the problem with your argument...

Roddy didn't complain about how he did his job. He was complaining about his salary. That's it. Roddy is a petty little child angry at anyone who has more candy than he does. Period. End of story.

Had his performance not been questions dozens and dozens of times then that would be valid.

But it is not.

He has been criticized on numerous occasions because of the way he does his job.

Had his performance not been questions dozens and dozens of times then that would be valid.

But it is not.

He has been criticized on numerous occasions because of the way he does his job.

yes but for the most part your points have been invalidated in this thread

But it is not.

I really don't remember his performance being critcized at all, unless you're talking about unhappy players that had been punished by fine or suspension. Other than that, who has questioned his performance? Better yet, who of any significance has questioned his performance? Not the owners, they love they guy...as evidenced by the salary they agreed to pay him.

If he is putting an "emphasis on safety" in a way that you know ......helps with safety that is one thing but that emphasis of safety has lead the league to flag ticky tacky calls that they are making defense **** near impossible.

If it was consistent it would be one thing but it is incredibly inconsistent.

And I do not give Goddell any sort of credit for the nfl growing.

You couple put Elmer Fudd as the commissioner and it would still be growing at record heights.

Even with that the lockout left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and for better or for worse he is seen as a major contributor to that.

I really don't remember his performance being critcized at all, unless you're talking about unhappy players that had been punished by fine or suspension. Other than that, who has questioned his performance? Better yet, who of any significance has questioned his performance? Not the owners, they love they guy...as evidenced by the salary they agreed to pay him.

You have a short memory then.

http://blogs.bettor.com/NFL-players-criticize-Roger-Goodell-a21362

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_players_hatred_for_goodell_grows_050411

"“He’s the face of this whole problem, the face of the league that locked out the players,” Fujita says. “He is just the face who’s trying to shut down the game and take away our livelihood – and that pisses guys off. It’s as simple as that.”"

And there are other links out there as well.

Of course the owners love him he is their mouth piece and has their best interests at heart.

You have a short memory then.

http://blogs.bettor....-Goodell-a21362

http://sports.yahoo....ll_grows_050411

"“He’s the face of this whole problem, the face of the league that locked out the players,” Fujita says. “He is just the face who’s trying to shut down the game and take away our livelihood – and that pisses guys off. It’s as simple as that.”"

And there are other links out there as well.

Of course the owners love him he is their mouth piece and has their best interests at heart.

its funny how you will defend the leader of our government when people try to blame government problems on him but don't do the same for Goodell. It is a similar situation in principle