A Couple Facts About Julio Jones

1. Julio Jones was repeatedly dominant as a ROOKIE with NO NFL EXPERIENCE. You can expect him to take a MASSIVE LEAP in his 2nd year, and he's STILL GROWING.

2. Jones is the most talented player on our roster and the focus of our offense going forward.

3. Once our horrible OL is fixed up this could easily be one of the most very productive offenses in the NFL (particularly with Douglas resigned)

4. Jones is the type of talent that is only available at the very top of the draft and never hits FA. As a team already taken from a bad one to a consistently good one, we would NEVER be in position to get a player of his caliber without trading up

So in other words, once this garbage OL is fixed people will have a bit more appreciation for this kid. He's going to be one of the most dominant wideouts in the NFL very soon. He's bigger and faster than whoevers trying to stop him, he can get down the field, go up and catch it but might be the most dangerous WR in the league running with it in his hands.

And that was a rookie just getting by on physical ability. Now he's going to have experience and an understanding of the NFL game and he's so young he's still getting bigger!

How many games did the Lions win this year with just a QB and a dominant WR? They had no run game or other receiving weapons, just a dominant physically gifted WR with NFL experience and a QB that could get him the balll

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julio emerges as the number one and Roddy slowly starts to fade away..

As far as I saw Roddy had already started to fade. He can make some good catches but also drops some and his physical ability doesnt flash the way Jones' does

He'll make a fine #2 and taking less hits will prolong his career, and he will profit from the attenion defenses give Jones

Julio emerges as the number one and Roddy slowly starts to fade away..

LOL

Always gotta have some kind of negative comment , dontcha? rolleyes.gif

Roddy still has 6-7+ years at a championship caliber level. He aint fading anywhere. Dudes jersey will be hanging in the Dome rafters when he retires (as long as our FO doesnt do anything stupid).

Julio is gonna be a beast, though.

Why is everyone hating on Roddy. I really don't get it yea he had some drops. Ya'll are just as bad as the NE fans wanting to cut Welker or not renew his contract after he led the league in receiving. Roddy is a year removed from that plus still put up 100 receptions again 1200+ yards again. How bout we have two great receivers instead of just one and enjoy it.

#4 is a FACT... anyway you slice it.

#1 is argueably part fact, part opinion on fact based observations

#2 is open to debate, but the fact is that Julio is certainly in the mix as most talented by any measure of arguement.

#3 is opinion, but again... any reasonable, capable, and truly informed Falcons fan is going to see the 'logic' in the statement.

I will go on to add that Julio is likely headed to a level of stardom rarely seen in football. If Koetter (and Smitty) has half a brain we are going to see Julio become a "defense ball buster" via a jack-of-all-trades implementation of his athletic abilities.

Simply motioning Julio across the offensive formation on speed sweeps, reverse action, and deep/toss motion would open up a multitude of defensive breakdowns on other players.

LOL

Roddy still has 6-7+ years at a championship caliber level. He aint fading anywhere. Dudes jersey will be hanging in the Dome rafters when he retires (as long as our FO doesnt do anything stupid).

Roddy has a chance at Canton if he keeps it up.

As far as I saw Roddy had already started to fade. He can make some good catches but also drops some and his physical ability doesnt flash the way Jones' does

He'll make a fine #2 and taking less hits will prolong his career, and he will profit from the attenion defenses give Jones

ALL WR's have drops but 84 makes far too many mental mistakes

LOL

I'm attempting to figure out if this is a joke or not. Roddy White is turning 31 this year, not 25. Short of some of the games best ever like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown or freaks of nature like T.O. and Randy Moss, WR's dont' put up championship caliber numbers at 36 or 37.

production wise his 12 games where he got the ball were better than RW's season.

Still does not make him better than RW now. I'm not sure RW has missed a game in his career and he carries a load. When JJ can prove that over a few

years then that discussion about JJ being better can come to fruition...premature talk.

I agree that Julio "has it all".......Size/Speed/Agility/Work Ethic.

what he has struggled with is mental lapses(drops) and health.......I'm most worried about health right now. I just hope he can stay healthy. He is so muscular with so little body fat that he will likely continue to have hamstring and pulled muscle type issues......hopefully not but I think he could.