The Difference A Good Oc Can Make

fansince78

Everyone is talking about how Ryan needs to step up his play. Koetter is an uncertainty for most and some even think we were better off with Mularkey. There was a key play in the superbowl that changed the outcome of the game. It came with 3:46 on the clock and the Giants were trailing 21 - 17. It was first down on the NY 12 yard line.

If Mularkey had been making that call, what do you think the play would have been?

So...if he had play had the RB run between the tackles for a 1 yard gain, you think the outcome would have been the same?

Yeah its about excution of the play . I think Giants and Pats yesterday both played conservative we saw more balance from them then in entire season . There were couple of 3rd and short converted but that didnt make or break the game . Game was lost or won on a couple of plays

Wes Welker makes the catch Pats win

Pats recover Bradshaw fumble - Pats win

Eli doesnt make a perfect throw and great catch by Manningham - Giants may lose

Giant fans wanted to run out there OC worse then Mularkey

If we were running the no huddle, we would have won the game.

If Mularkey called it, Run Turner up the middle in a power formation, then pass in the shotgun with a slant, then kick a field goal and wait for the defense to fail.

I get a feeling that people seem to think Ryan just made up plays on the fly at the line where, in reality, he was just picking plays Mularkey had designed to fit the game plan.

I get a feeling that people seem to think Ryan just made up plays on the fly at the line where, in reality, he was just picking plays Mularkey had designed to fit the game plan.

Right. I always felt that it wasn't so much the offensive design or scheme that was the problem with Mularkey (even though it was somewhat archaic and needed to be modernized, especially the route trees), it was the situational play-calling that was awful.

Right. I always felt that it wasn't so much the offensive design or scheme that was the problem with Mularkey (even though it was somewhat archaic and needed to be modernized, especially the route trees), it was the situational play-calling that was awful.

He was a decent play designer most of the time but he was an awful play caller and was clearly intimidated in bigger games.