Ryan Can Throw The Deep Ball

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeter can hit a home run is he a home run hitter ? Nah man stop the nonsense right now

Matt Ryan doesnt throw a good deep ball and never will . He lacks the arm strength which he overcompensates putting more air under ball . Half of you guys arent athletes so you wouldnt understand a thing . The reason why Ryan puts more air under ball is cause he lacks a big arm .

I can show you video evidence and all this examples but it will go out 1 ear

The trajectory Ryan puts on ball is lack of arm and poor mechanics . He is also 26 so he has matured enough and this is what we will get . Now let me explain to the non athletes . Putt Matt Ryan on baseball field and put him on the mound . Matt Ryan is capable of throwing a fastball from the rubber thats not the issue . Put him in right field trying to throw a runner out at home or 3rd

Now since Ryan lacks arm strength he will overcompensate by putting air under ball

so it can get from point A to B .. Kind of like a ^ . Now a person with good arm strength

Vlad / Francouer / Jay Cutler/ Rodgers they throw ball ----------- on low level trajectory

Ryan doesnt have skill set to be a deep ball throw

- lacks good arm

- sloppy mechanics at times

- terrible touch and accuracy

to all the people who blame Mularkey or oline are clueless . Mularkey knew what he had in Ryan and to blame oline for Ryan flaws is silly . You dont need a clean pocket to make a good hard throw should I show film of what Brett Favre could do or Big Ben under wraps

You either have it or you dont

congratulations you guys have been named the new QB coach over Glen Thomas. I got two words Trent Dilfer 2000 superbowl champ. dude who cares about the flaws Matt still has what it takes to be a great QB. U take what you have and make it work and Matt Ryan puts an OC in QB heaven right now and i can bet that Koetter would be laughing at these comments about Matts arm strength. Koetter made a 4th rounder look good in Garrad and the guys he has coached have not been exceptional so to him Matt is a goldmind so stop it. That arm no one will remember once matt can win the big game in he is more than capable so stop it about the arm already Mr. athletic major. The right guy can make the talent SB bowl and you all know that so let Koetter do his thing which will be more than any of us can do with it. if you can make the throws than go try out for the Falcons I'm sure they allow walk ons.

Half of Matt Ryan 40+ yard plays were YAC on 15 yard-20 yard wco slants

Julio 1 vs Indy

Julio vs Carolina

Harry Douglas vs Det

Harry Douglas vs New Orleans

all slant routes taken for YAC

Ryan had 2 nice passes all season ( deep throws)

Roddy vs Titans .. beautiful throw

Julio vs Sea .. good throw

rest were deep completions but not great throws

Jeter can hit a home run is he a home run hitter ? Nah man stop the nonsense right now

Matt Ryan doesnt throw a good deep ball and never will . He lacks the arm strength which he overcompensates putting more air under ball . Half of you guys arent athletes so you wouldnt understand a thing . The reason why Ryan puts more air under ball is cause he lacks a big arm .

I can show you video evidence and all this examples but it will go out 1 ear

The trajectory Ryan puts on ball is lack of arm and poor mechanics . He is also 26 so he has matured enough and this is what we will get . Now let me explain to the non athletes . Putt Matt Ryan on baseball field and put him on the mound . Matt Ryan is capable of throwing a fastball from the rubber thats not the issue . Put him in right field trying to throw a runner out at home or 3rd

Now since Ryan lacks arm strength he will overcompensate by putting air under ball

so it can get from point A to B .. Kind of like a ^ . Now a person with good arm strength

Vlad / Francouer / Jay Cutler/ Rodgers they throw ball ----------- on low level trajectory

Ryan doesnt have skill set to be a deep ball throw

- lacks good arm

- sloppy mechanics at times

- terrible touch and accuracy

to all the people who blame Mularkey or oline are clueless . Mularkey knew what he had in Ryan and to blame oline for Ryan flaws is silly . You dont need a clean pocket to make a good hard throw should I show film of what Brett Favre could do or Big Ben under wraps

You either have it or you dont

To throw the deep ball successfully you must put air under it. The receiver is running and cannot

catch a ball thrown on a flat trajectory at high velocity. It has to hit him right in his hands. Nobody

in the history of football has had success without putting air under it.

In order to throw the deep pass it is necessary to be able to step up and throw it. If the pocket

is breaking up you have nowhere to step. If you have to get it out early the only way to get the ball

into the area where the receiver is expecting to receive it is to put more air under it. That is how the

deep ball is thrown successfully.

Our playbook shrunk

We lost our RG

We got deathly afraid of mistakes

We lost our QB Coach

We got complacent and didn't progress

A lot of things really

No kidding. I can't imagine Ryan even attempting that rookie throw he made at 1:08 (threading the needle to Roddy vs. Eagles) in 2010 or 2011. It was high-risk, high-reward, and he didn't hesitate to pull the trigger. You hesitate for literally a split-second, and it's an interception instead of a long touchdown.

In addition to a stronger O-line, Ryan (and the offense ... and, well, the whole team for that matter) need a mentality adjustment.

No kidding. I can't imagine Ryan even attempting that rookie throw he made at 1:08 (threading the needle to Roddy vs. Eagles) in 2010 or 2011. It was high-risk, high-reward, and he didn't hesitate to pull the trigger. You hesitate for literally a split-second, and it's an interception instead of a long touchdown.

In addition to a stronger O-line, Ryan (and the offense ... and, well, the whole team for that matter) need a mentality adjustment.

A lot of the things he did as a rookie he no longer does and that's what made him a first rounder. He wasn't gun shy as a rookie. Now, he will check down in a millisecond. The second half of the season he started to trust Julio and just throw up a prayer and let him make something happened and it worked a few times. He will get that back though.

A lot of the things he did as a rookie he no longer does and that's what made him a first rounder. He wasn't gun shy as a rookie. Now, he will check down in a millisecond. The second half of the season he started to trust Julio and just throw up a prayer and let him make something happened and it worked a few times. He will get that back though.

I agree with you on the fact that he no longer does what he used to do that made him our first rounder. What changed inside him to lose those good qualities? Did he become scared? Did MM ruin him? Does he not have the fortitude to stand toe to toe in the NFL? I sure hope someone helps him get back what we all know he had at one time. The collapse of the oline might have something to do with being afraid and knowing your head is about to be wrenched off. Maybe this is what changed him.

Our coaches made gameplans that were designed for us to play like we were afraid of losing instead of playing like predators and attacking like we ought to be.

Smith: 10 point lead? Turner up the middle for the rest of the game. We can burn the last 20 minutes, right?

Mularkey: You beat me to the punch.

Smith: Brian, be careful. Don't attack their offense. We would hate to give up a big play!

-Christian Ponder throws a TD to the back of the endzone on a 4th and 30 from the 50 yd line-

Smith: fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg?t=1317969215

Too much lolz for one post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you on the fact that he no longer does what he used to do that made him our first rounder. What changed inside him to lose those good qualities? Did he become scared? Did MM ruin him? Does he not have the fortitude to stand toe to toe in the NFL? I sure hope someone helps him get back what we all know he had at one time. The collapse of the oline might have something to do with being afraid and knowing your head is about to be wrenched off. Maybe this is what changed him.

I say MM shrinking the playbook, tightening the leash instead of loosening it, Smitty's high aversion to risk, and the overall culture of being deathly afraid of mistakes. It did it to the whole team, not just Ryan.

Believe me. He was Top 10 in both 20+ and 40+ pass plays in 2011.

Can he be more accurate and consistent? Yes. He has been off target on a few deep balls.

Like any other QB though, he needs to be able to take a 5-7 step drop and step into his throw. He also needs to have his Oline block and his receivers catch the ball. Had that happened on a few more plays we could have won 2-3 more games in 2011. See NO, TB and HOU.

Here's some video evidence that shows Ryan can throw the deep ball. Notice there are no flags on these plays. There is a good pocket. Dude could step into his throw and his receivers caught the ball.

By the way Vel, these are Mularkey plays. If Koetter's boys don't block and catch, nothing will change. Trust me. I dedicate this video to #1 Prick, Unrealist, Womanhood, Bob D, Swift Hitter and every other Ryan troll out there. Enjoy.

Missed two deep balls on the same drive. One to JJ and the other to Roddy. He put himself on "blast" with those misques...

Ryan doesn't have a big arm. True.

Neither do Eli nor Brady.

Matt really needs to hit the gym asap, those combine results are almost exactly the same as mine unsure.png (I can squat and PC more than him) and I work at the office 8 hours a day.

WTF is your problem ELI have a fuqin cannon with a ****** memory. He slings it any and everywhere with no care of the out come.

Good Post FFS1970... Like ive always said... Ryan can go deep...PPl complain about his arm but the guy can go deep... Its just about consistently... ill use Brady as a example.. A couple of weeks ago an article on espn.com said 80% of his passes were with in 10 yards.... Brady was not good at the deep ball the last couple of years.... In 07 he was good/ consistent with his deep ball...

My point is when you ask your QB to run the short game mostly during the game then out of no where you ask him to go deep he will be inconsistent because he has thrown the deep ball rarely... I do think Ryan can get more sconsistent with the deep ball... You gotta give the guy more chances to make that throw..

Aaron Rodgers is so deadly with the back shoulder throw bacause he practices it and he throws it all the time during games (when live bullets are happeing) ....

Im pretty sure Matt, Roddy, Julio, and HD will work on it during the offseason with Koetter and the QB Coach... I know Matt is tired of hearing this

i hate to do this but a better aurgument to your side would be vick.. look how AWFUL his accuracy was on anything intermediate to deep... He goes to andy reid where they pass far more then they run and poof.. now he is throwing with the best of them...

i believe TC help mike out, and with ryan having a TC with emphesis on throwin deeper routes and combinations and attacking the seams... Ryan just might scare some ppl next year....

Believe me. He was Top 10 in both 20+ and 40+ pass plays in 2011.

Can he be more accurate and consistent? Yes. He has been off target on a few deep balls.

Like any other QB though, he needs to be able to take a 5-7 step drop and step into his throw. He also needs to have his Oline block and his receivers catch the ball. Had that happened on a few more plays we could have won 2-3 more games in 2011. See NO, TB and HOU.

Here's some video evidence that shows Ryan can throw the deep ball. Notice there are no flags on these plays. There is a good pocket. Dude could step into his throw and his receivers caught the ball.

By the way Vel, these are Mularkey plays. If Koetter's boys don't block and catch, nothing will change. Trust me. I dedicate this video to #1 Prick, Unrealist, Womanhood, Bob D, Swift Hitter and every other Ryan troll out there. Enjoy.

O, yeah! Ryan can and will throw more deep and accurate balls in 2012 IF he gets the coaching he needs to improve his foot work and trajectory; IF he has a line which can create a pocket which he can step into; IF he has recievers who can track and catch deep balls.

I expect all this to happen. Dirk is going to help Matt and this offense get where we want it to be.

Defensively ,there is more hope for an aggressive, finish the game attitude than we have seen. I am very hopeful about this team. There are already some good pieces in place but we may or may not recognize some of the Db's, DL, OL, possibly some of the 2nd tier recievers and RB,s. It will all depend on how the new cordinators, Td and MS view our needs in the 'new system'. This off-season will be the most interesting and possibly surprising in years!!

What do you consider Deep? 60 yards?

I will say this, YES, Matt Ryan could not throw the deep ball because Mike Mularkey never would make those type of play calls.

I wish I had the link, but I think it was somewhere on 790 the zone interviews where Matt Ryan said he could throw it about 75 yards or so, or somewhere around that. Don't quote me on that but it was something like that.

When you get into those type of yardage for throwing a football there is no experts, it's all about a player getting open and catching it, it has nothing to do with the QB except them being able to get the ball down field. IMO Matt Ryan can get the ball down field as far as the Falcons need.

Mike Mularkey's offense was at best 20 yards deep but that had nothing to do with Matt Ryan's throwing ability, that was just bad coaching and predictable offense. Hopefully Dirk K. will change all that in this new offense.

We shall see....... Just my opinion.

WTF is your problem ELI have a fuqin cannon with a ****** memory. He slings it any and everywhere with no care of the out come.

actuLly eli doesnt have that strong of an arm... Him and ryan are similar in the fact there rythum throwers. And they throw with a lot of aanticipation... Dnt get me wrong eli can drill it in there but nothing ryan cnt do...

actuLly eli doesnt have that strong of an arm... Him and ryan are similar in the fact there rythum throwers. And they throw with a lot of aanticipation... Dnt get me wrong eli can drill it in there but nothing ryan cnt do...

Ryan arm<<<<<<<<<<< Eli

Eli and Matt arm is nothing alike if you ask me rodgers arm is not up to par with Eli.

Ryan arm<<<<<<<<<<< Eli

Eli and Matt arm is nothing alike if you ask me rodgers arm is not up to par with Eli.

You are smoking crack if you think that's true. Eli just takes risks and has receivers that attack the ball. Eli has good arm strength, but he's not even close to Rodgers, Cutler, or Stafford. I'd say he's with Matt and Tom Brady, and Peyton in terms of arm strength .

Why we are having and argument about the most overrated quality in a QB is beyond me.

You are smoking crack if you think that's true. Eli just takes risks and has receivers that attack the ball. Eli has good arm strength, but he's not even close to Rodgers, Cutler, or Stafford. I'd say he's with Matt and Tom Brady, and Peyton in terms of arm strength .

Why we are having and argument about the most overrated quality in a QB is beyond me.

Look at the zip Eli gets on the ball that throw to Mario in the superbowl only 3 to 4 qbs have the arm strength to make that throw and only 1 got the guts to make it in the superbowl. The difference between eli and matt not in terms of Arm strength is that Eli understands the term athlete and he believe the better ones play with him.

Ryan can throw deep ball he has the accuracy but he MUST develop arm strength (just see the widlcard against Giants) but he's not an elite QB....at least the last year

but how you can understand if Ryan is an elite qb? an elite qb is when he chooses the team instead of his life when a fat d-line man is running in your face....so in that situation he must choose: his life or his team. Ryan, this years, choose his life. That's all. He must choose his team in that kind of situation.

Edited by misterh