The Super Bowl Is So Overhyped And More Of A Dumb Media Event For Nonfootball People..

Nono

It used to a game between the best two teams and thats it, now you have to put up will all the media garbage interviews and analysis, parties and any Hollywood types that couldn't careless about the game for two weeks. I swear its almost a not worth watching with all the crap that leads up to it not to mention the tardy halftime show.

Does anyone feel this way or do I just need to chill?

Nah, the Super Bowl sucks unless we're playing in it. I haven't watched any of the coverage because I am really unexcited about this year's matchup. This year's game is the NFL and ESPN's wet dream come true. It's going to do major TV ratings, but for anyone who cares about the football and not just the pomp and circumstance it's a pretty ho-hum game this year. I'm not spending 5ish hours of my Sunday watching it :)

I can't wait until it's over so we can get started with some Free Agency. Here's hoping our Falcons will be there next year!

Super bowl = New years eve

Thats all it is. A excuse for people to drink way to much and act fools.

Though ill be the first to admit. The games are a lot better than they used to be w/ blow outs. If im gonna watch a team i don't like then at least make the game close and fun to watch.

people hate advertising in general. But in the superbowl, everyone begs for it.

Its the last game of the NFL season though... so i gotta watch.

I can't get into it unless atl is in it. I've been getting negged all week because I'm not planning on watching it. Ugh, it's just the patriots and giants. Does anyone really care?

Can't really hate on this line of thinking? I'm not really feeling this Super Bowl either but I'm going to watch just because I love the sport.

It used to a game between the best two teams and thats it, now you have to put up will all the media garbage interviews and analysis, parties and any Hollywood types that couldn't careless about the game for two weeks. I swear its almost a not worth watching with all the crap that leads up to it not to mention the tardy halftime show.

Does anyone feel this way or do I just need to chill?

Completely agree. It's all for the Super Bowl party and commercial-watching crowd. What happened to football??

Can't really hate on this line of thinking? I'm not really feeling this Super Bowl either but I'm going to watch just because I love the sport.

I'm still butt hurt over the playoff. I tend to begin looking forward to the combine and fa this time of year. I'll glance at the sb but won't go out of my way to watch it if something else is on that I'd prefer to watch.

I'm still butt hurt over the playoff. I tend to begin looking forward to the combine and fa this time of year. I'll glance at the sb but won't go out of my way to watch it if something else is on that I'd prefer to watch.

I hear ya but I'm not going to let the shortcomings of this team to keep me away from the last game of the season. Like I said before I have alot of love for the game so I'm going to watch unless it becomes a blowout of some sort.

Guest TheIdowu

I may watch it, but I aint staying up till midnight or later to watch it. I have to go to work and it aint worth it if the Falcons aint in it. Now, if the Falcons were repping the NFC in the SB, then helll yea. Im staying up to one in the morning if I had to, then wake up and go to work dog-azz tired and then get off a lil early to come home and take a nap. . . . LOL!

but aint I doing all that if the falcons aint in it. I'll watch a lil bit, and then find out if Brady sealed his legacy the next morning.

I try to not watch anything but the game. It's hard to get away from the hype.

The game is hyped on every news channel and every weather channel.

I do not watch the half time show.

And like the OP I do not like all the distractive talk during the game.

I have even watched the game in silent mode on occasion.

Getting where I do that more and more even in regular season because of all the extraneous stuff going on by the announcers. That's not entertaining that's distraction.

Edited by delaigle

This is an odd thread. Maybe I just love football too much, I dunno. The Super Bowl is the greatest single sporting event that this country puts on every year. It's where stories are written and legends are made. Joy and heartbreak exist in the exact same moment when that clock hits zero and we close the book on another season.

How can you not romanticize the Super Bowl? How can you not love this game?

I try to not watch anything but the game. It's hard to get away from the hype.

The game is hyped on every news channel and every weather channel.

I do not watch the half time show.

And like the OP I do not like all the distractive talk during the game.

I have even watched the game in silent mode on occasion.

Getting where I do that more and more even in regular season because of all the extraneous stuff going on by the announcers. That's not entertaining that's distraction.

Thats what I do, I check the football pool, have a few beers and some decent eats. I try to avoid any media bullsheet, frickin I've heard enough about Rob Gronkowski's **** ankle it's ridiculous......