Qbs Going Deep

vel

I cant speak for anyone else but i pretty much agree with most of what you said here it is pretty accurate. Where i do disagree is you seem to think you have some sort of crystal ball and can see into the future by saying Ryan will never get better you seem to post that a lot.

What many people try to do by using all of the comparisons is show that players can and do get better. Will Ryan ever get better? I dont know but at the moment he is our quarterback so all i can do is watch it all unfold and see where it leads.

Who knows you may be exactly right he may never grow into a great quarterback but spending your days trying so hard to convince everyone else of that just seems like a really big waste of time.

I'll give you that there are plenty of people that want to think Ryan is as good as some of the Elite Quarterbacks in the league and go to great lengths to try and proove it they are obviously dillusional.

Just understand that every person that trys to make some sort of comparison is not saying that Ryan is as good as Manning or Breese or whoever it may be, they are simply pointing out that players change.

Thanks for the respective response. Me being a die hard Falcons fan for 25 years + I just want to see team win a championship . We came close in 1998 ..Its just not about Ryan as well. This team is being built on false hope and cheap tactics . Thomas Dimtroff is fooling our owner . He is fooling some of the fan base with cheap mind tactics like using key words "EXPLOSIVE" and what not planting words and paraphrases and some of the mindless public are eating it up . The select few maybe 2% I will call them challenege these ideas . These people form a opinion of their own and make it known . This is not only about people who have a Ryan agenda ..I dont hate Matt Ryan ..I dont wake up everyday of my life saying what stats can I draw up to make Matt Ryan look worse then he is ..Nah that is not me . Me personally Im trying to convince the 98% ( Ryan apologist ) that there is more then meets the eye about Ryan ..

This franchise is starting to be divided again by a PLAYER ..Its 1 player that has a side of either your pro ryan or against Ryan ..Each side has a agenda they want to push ..Each will put up stats and videos and all kind of info to push 1 such agenda ..There will eventually come a time and place where 1 will be right and the other will be wrong ...TRUST ME ..im hoping im dead wrong about Ryan ...with that being said I dont think Ryan is that talented or would improve on his TALENTS ...can his stats go up sure ..but that does mean his talent level will . I think his talent level is capped at 26 years old ..He can still possible lead a team to a Super Bowl but he would need that super top tier defense and a top tier rb to carry the load while there are other QBs around the league that are more talented can do it with less personell

Why as Falcons fan we accept the critiscm of Michael Turner or Sam Baker but its hands off when you criticize Matt Ryan ? It shouldnt be like that . You should be able to criticize who ever you want if you are a fan of the Falcons and they let you down ..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like what was the purpose of this thread ? There was none..We all know Ryan throws a pretty bad deep ball but the poster wanted to point out Brady (who is ranked 10 in completion % of 20 or more yard passes) is at such a large number...Now since Ryan is at such a low number these agenda Ryan fans want to find a angle

where they can draw this conclusion that since Brady has such a low % on deep ball thrown its okay for Ryan to have such ...thats there agenda ..

Omg... And u accuse me of having QB agenda.

This thread is clearly another attempt to make Ryan sound better than he is by yet again trying to compare him to a QB 100x better.

Brady has proven he can throw the deep ball, the personel dictated these numbers not lack of skill like Ryan.

If he had Julio Roddy and HD they would go deep more often, unlike Ryan who is cpt checkdown.

Like what was the purpose of this thread ? There was none..We all know Ryan throws a pretty bad deep ball but the poster wanted to point out Brady (who is ranked 10 in completion % of 20 or more yard passes) is at such a large number...Now since Ryan is at such a low number these agenda Ryan fans want to find a angle

where they can draw this conclusion that since Brady has such a low % on deep ball thrown its okay for Ryan to have such ...thats there agenda ..

So... the stats you post don't have an agenda behind them yet stats arguing against your opinion are agenda. Ok, got it.

So... the stats you post don't have an agenda behind them yet stats arguing against your opinion are agenda. Ok, got it.

I have a agenda not against Ryan ..My agenda is to the fan base that puts blame on everyone else but Ryan..Blame the oline ..Well I show stats that oline only allowed 171 pressures..Drop passes is the reason why Matt Ryan not elite ( show stats elite QBs also deal with drops)

Realist posted stats about Ryan.

These are Bradys stats.

How does the fact that NE has personel to dominate the intermediate passing game prove that Ryan is anything more than an average game manager. Ryan is terrible @ the deep ball and is average in every thing else. Very inconsistent, makes 1 good play and disappears.

Ryans name belongs in the conversation that compares him to guys like Alex smith, romo, Orton, etc.

I have a agenda not against Ryan ..My agenda is to the fan base that puts blame on everyone else but Ryan..Blame the oline ..Well I show stats that oline only allowed 171 pressures..Drop passes is the reason why Matt Ryan not elite ( show stats elite QBs also deal with drops)

The O-line was to blame early in the season when they were giving up the 6th most pressures of any unit in the league and had gaping holes at LT and RG. The holes were patched up, the unit gave up less pressures, and Ryan's performance, unsurprisingly, improved greatly. As for drops, I seriously doubt anyone said Ryan was the only one dealing with those.

Realist posted stats about Ryan.

Which are meant to be compared to others. Heaven forbid if others compare stats that show Ryan in a more favorable light instead of a negative light.

The O-line was to blame early in the season when they were giving up the 6th most pressures of any unit in the league and had gaping holes at LT and RG. The holes were patched up, the unit gave up less pressures, and Ryan's performance, unsurprisingly, improved greatly. As for drops, I seriously doubt anyone said Ryan was the only one dealing with those.

Which are meant to be compared to others. Heaven forbid if others compare stats that show Ryan in a more favorable light instead of a negative light.

I agree they can be compare to others but he is nowhere near the QB that Brady is. As much as you people want to try and convince yourselfs it's not true.

Trust me.

I think I see where you are trying to go with this. laugh.png You have latched on to proving a point about Ryan the way you did with Owens there for a minute.

Wasn't going anywhere with it. Could care less really. Just found it interesting, figured others would too. Wanted to see it in comparison to our QB.

Good try though

It's hilarious how this post is for some reason "Pro Ryan". All it points out is Brady struggling when going deep and how the Patriots accounted for that, adjusted, and still field a top offense with 2 TEs and the slot WR as the main weapons.

But you guys can have it. I got the information I wanted: Ryan's numbers in the same situation. That was my agenda.

It's hilarious how this post is for some reason "Pro Ryan". All it points out is Brady struggling when going deep and how the Patriots accounted for that, adjusted, and still field a top offense with 2 TEs and the slot WR as the main weapons.

But you guys can have it. I got the information I wanted: Ryan's numbers in the same situation. That was my agenda.

Give Tom Brady ...Julio Jones and Roddy White and Tony G ....Tom Brady throws for 5000 yards and 40 tds and is in the super bowl . Tom Brady would have a field day with Julio Jones and Roddy

lol you think Brady leads Falcons to 0 points in a playoff game with Julio/Roddy and Tony G

ohmy.png

Edited by FootballRealist

Give Tom Brady ...Julio Jones and Roddy White and Tony G ....Tom Brady throws for 5000 yards and 40 tds and is in the super bowl . Tom Brady would have a field day with Julio Jones and Roddy

lol you think Brady leads Falcons to 0 points in a playoff game with Julio/Roddy and Tony G

ohmy.png

Not if the only routes he is given is sideline routes and a subpar OLine.

Not if the only routes he is given is sideline routes and a subpar OLine.

yawn ...same tired excuse ..Brady oline allowed pressures on 1 ever 3.5 drop backs

Falcons oline allowed pressure on 1 ever 3.3 drop backs

Brady actually has a pocket presence and can side step pressure and find a wr ..Ryan faces pressure he folds up or rolls out on false pressure

yawn ...same tired excuse ..Brady oline allowed pressures on 1 ever 3.5 drop backs

Brady actually has a pocket presence and can side step pressure and find a wr ..Ryan faces pressure he folds up or rolls out on false pressure

You're hilarious and fit everything to your situation.

So Brady can have a field day with Ryan's weapons but Koetter is going to come here, with the sole purpose of this hire to open up the passing game, and install a ground and pound offense because he did in JAX, although he had 4th string WRs as his #1s and a QB that's probably the worst in the league (well second guess ahead of Ryan right?).

I actually enjoy the circles you try and run around in arguments you try and hold but most of the time they are just feeble attempts at nothingness. You have only 2 [tired] clips to prove points about Ryan's lack of mobility and deep ball issues. Well let me help you out with that

If you're using PFF numbers, you fail at maths. Though, I got a feeling you are not including post-season numbers.

Edited by Rai

How so ?

Tom Brady oline allowed 173 QB pressures

Falcons oline allowed 171 QB pressures

Brady attempted 611 passes /173

Ryan attempted 566 passes /171

hmm, i'm getting different numbers. probably different sources and what each site constitutes as actual pressure?

hmm, i'm getting different numbers. probably different sources and what each site constitutes as actual pressure?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/31/pressure-and-the-2011-quarterbacks/

I would like a apology since you said I failed math and there are not many people in this world as knowledgable in math as I am . grammar (awful)

http://www.profootba...1-quarterbacks/

I would like a apology since you said I failed math and there are not many people in this world as knowledgable in math as I am . grammar (awful)

the same site is saying Matt has been pressured 182x and Brady has been pressured 186x. Matt on 651 dropbacks and Brady on 729 dropbacks. this equates to once every 3.6 for Matt and once every 3.9 for Brady. matt has also had the most passes dropped under pressure and i bet a lot of these were on 3rd and long situations to kill drives.

i suppose i was wrong though, i do apologise on faulting your mathematical skills.

btw, what do you think of their rankings that Matt is the 4th best QB in the league this year?

btw, what do you think of their rankings that Matt is the 4th best QB in the league this year?

I have not seen those gradings of article..care to show me a link .I will gladly read it and respond . I will have a tough time grading Ryan ahead of these QBs Rodgers, Drew, Brees and Eli , Stafford and even Romo for 2011 NFL season

I have not seen those gradings of article..care to show me a link .I will gladly read it and respond . I will have a tough time grading Ryan ahead of these QBs Rodgers, Drew, Brees and Eli , Stafford and even Romo for 2011 NFL season

it's not in an article, it's in their premium stats.

regular season only, it goes:

1. Brees

2. Rodgers

[Gap]

3. Brady

4. Ryan

5. Manning

6. Rivers

[Gap]

7. Smith

8. Roethlisberger

9. Moore

10. Romo

include the post-season and Ryan drops to 5th, Manning goes up to 3rd while Brady drops to 4th.