What In The Heck Did We Do Before Arthur Blank Bought This Team?

Nono

To be honest I wanted to be a fan but frankly it was difficult till Arthur Blank bought this team and righted the ship---look at us now. I remember the days when Rankin Smith was threatening to move to Jacksonville---sigh. I trust in Mr Blank

Well the ship is righted, but still a long way from it's destination and a little off course. I have always been a fan even through the dismal Smith years. They had no clue how to run an organization, but seemed to be good people. I honestly think Mr. Blank is serious about bringing a championship to Atlanta. Next year is gonna be a test for this organization. I don't think he is gonna except failure to move beyond the first round next year.

Well the ship is righted, but still a long way from it's destination and a little off course. I have always been a fan even through the dismal Smith years. They had no clue how to run an organization, but seemed to be good people. I honestly think Mr. Blank is serious about bringing a championship to Atlanta. Next year is gonna be a test for this organization. I don't think he is gonna except failure to move beyond the first round next year.

totally agree next year will be a huge test to see just how football smart the front office and braintrust is starting now

To answer your question though we failed miserably before blank. We had a few good years in there and the superbowl in '98. But we have also failed miserably since Blank has got here. Sure four winning seasons is great, but 3 early exits kinda takes all the excitement out of it.

I know PA I agree the regular season has been great but the playoffs unfortunate I have to believe that this is the number one priority when we figure out this upcoming roster---win in the post season

Edited by Nono

I know PA I agree the regular season has been great but the playoffs unfortunate I have to believe that this is the number one priority when we figure out this upcoming roster---win in the post season

I really hope that the front office takes care of our o-line problems. I want to see how Ryan and our offense performs with a beefed up line. No more Mularkey to blame. Should answer alot of questions for fans. It is time for this team to rise up or just shut the _____ up.

I remember the old AOL boards before internet was king and the was about 30-40 fans on the AOL Falcons board. Think I found those in the dark days of the early nineties or so. Had a small but extremely loyal fan base, that bitched about the Smith's fairly regularly. Argued that Hebert was better than George, that they needed to play the RB from Utah more LOL.... and why in the **** didn't they draft Hines Ward instead of Jammi German....

I really hope that the front office takes care of our o-line problems. I want to see how Ryan and our offense performs with a beefed up line. No more Mularkey to blame. Should answer alot of questions for fans. It is time for this team to rise up or just shut the _____ up.

Maybe our new logo What do Falcons do? Rise up or shut the F up

Guest Negatorris

Yeah, I think Smitty is gone if we go one and done again... And if we don't even make the playoffs... Heads will roll.

Yeah, I think Smitty is gone if we go one and done again... And if we don't even make the playoffs... Heads will roll.

Yeah, I am aboard this ship as well. Don't take my word for it, but there is rumor that Arthur Blank ordered one of these and it is in his office waiting the outcome of the 2012-2013 seasons.

3D1870back.jpg

^^^^^^^ You said it very, very well.

I never will forgt how George got hurt and Hebert (who was hurt too I believe) got us to the playoffs--

and then THEY STARTED GEORGE OVER HEBERT!!!

**** I know George was fun to watch, but Hebert was a better leader frickin pissed me off that Hebert didn't get the chance.