Which Of These Four Falcon Gms Had The Best Acquisitions?

What truth do you have when you ignore the nucleus of players that TD inherited. I did'nt he had to filp the whole roster bring in new talant to get control of the team. That's what won his 1st ex of the year.(13-3) As one replier stated "Reeves probably had the worse of the bunch, yet

he took them to a SB." His players were out the night before the game partying and we got trashed by Denver . I was embarrassed and crushed worst lost I've ever had to except.. Then where did we go?

When "70" posted this I new his intent didn't realize others were buying this as well. You want a loser, fire him! And we can get back to the old Falcon football for 40 + years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

but is also says trades, so Favre was traded for a first round pick.

The only good thing about Favre in ATL was what he was traded for....too bad the pick was a waste then.

Favre was a BAD pick for the Falcons, he never would have made it here IMO. He was a GREAT trade for the Packers though.

When "70" posted this I new his intent didn't realize others were buying this as well. You want a loser, fire him! And we can get back to the old Falcon football for 40 + years.

he took them to a SB." His players were out the night before the game partying and we got trashed by Denver . I was embarrassed and crushed worst lost I've ever had to except.. Then where did we go?

I hope the Falcons were out on the town when they had a bye(13-3) and homefield throughtout the p/o and got crushed...dayumm that hurt. Yet

according to you, we have the best aquisitions via draft, trade or F/A but not a p/o win to show for it.

I say don't fire TD, but please don't crown him.

I hope the Falcons were out on the town when they had a bye(13-3) and homefield throughtout the p/o and got crushed...dayumm that hurt. Yet

according to you, we have the best aquisitions via draft, trade or F/A but not a p/o win to show for it.

I say don't fire TD, but please don't crown him.

43 wins 24 loses - Needless to say, the four straight winning seasons produced under the direction of TD (11-5, 9-7, 13-3, 10-6) has never been duplicated in team history.

The Sporting News Executive of the Year 2 times.

Before he arrived in 2008 we had never even had back to back winning seasons in over 40 years.

One of his goals when he arrived in Atlanta was to make this team a relevant and sustainable franchise, and over his first 4 seasons, the foundation has been laid.

"The Proof Is in the Pudding" Eat up and enjoy , as we continue to post winning seasons. biggrin.png

43 wins 24 loses - Needless to say, the four straight winning seasons produced under the direction of TD (11-5, 9-7, 13-3, 10-6) has never been duplicated in team history.

The Sporting News Executive of the Year 2 times.

Before he arrived in 2008 we had never even had back to back winning seasons in over 40 years.

One of his goals when he arrived in Atlanta was to make this team a relevant and sustainable franchise, and over his first 4 seasons, the foundation has been laid.

"The Proof Is in the Pudding" Eat up and enjoy , as we continue to post winning seasons. biggrin.png

Like I said before, anything after YKW/Petrino is the Gospel truth.

TD hasn't duplicated a p/o win in team history...smh.

Like I said before, anything after YKW/Petrino is the Gospel truth.

TD hasn't duplicated a p/o win in team history...smh.

How can you even be a Falcons fan with so few p/o win in team history. Try changing teams you might become a better fan! PHILLY, Dallas, Pit, Jets, and Fins come to mind.

Herock had the best eye for talent, but he had a habit of getting players who had terrible personalities and didn't stick around for long. For long term talent on the team, McKay made the best free agent acquisitions, especially the diamond in the rough ones (eg. Grimes and Clabo) and did alright in terms of the draft while TD has hit big in the draft numerous times but has fallen flat in free agency more often than not.

If only there was a way to combine McKay and TD to make the ultimate GM...

. So 1 playoff win in 4 years with losing seasons the next 3 is your choice? For years I was afriad we would lose our organiztion for lack of support. I'm just shocked I'm the only one willing to give support where it is do. Truth= I don't think I've spoken any thing but the truth.

They weren't always losing seasons. Occasionally we broke even.

Those were the seasons I celebrated smile.png

This is purely a talent acquisition question. Please try to seperate yourselves from the regular season and playoff results and judge based on talent acquisitions. Keep in mind each of these guys had the benefit of fielding teams with players acquired by previous regimes.

As someone said earlier I think you can mount a good argument for either one of em. There is no agenda here. A couple things:

Since Reeves was here seven years I had to split his two stints 4/3. Also these are who I personally think were the ten best acquisitions. Each GM had several other decent players that aren't shown (ex. McKay also acquired Blalock, Nic and Snelling).

I'm leaning toward Herock one. Dam he was on a roll. Especially if you combine his two stints. By the way, he traded Favre at Glanville's request. Glanville was not happy with Favre running the streets and showing up late and half drunk at practice. Favre later admitted himself that he was wrong. Plus they had a Pro Bowl QB at the time in Chris Miller.

Who you got?

hey "70"

Who bought the groceries for Leeman Bennett

During his first season in Georgia, Bennett's defense became known as the "Grits Blitz" for its ferocious style and allowing just 129 points, a record for a 14-game season. The overall improvement of the team became evident the following year, when the Falcons defeated the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Wild Card game, then put up a strong fight against the defending Super Bowl champion Dallas Cowboys.

After the team endured a losing season in 1979, Bennett led the team to its first NFC West title and a then-team record 12 wins. However, a fourth quarter collapse against the Cowboys in the first round of the playoffs abruptly ended the season.

While another losing record followed in 1981, the team won its final three games, giving hopes of another comeback. However, the strike-shortened 1982 NFL season saw Bennett's team finish 5-4, reaching the postseason in the expanded playoff system, but losing the first round game to the Minnesota Vikings. A late season slump, coupled with the playoff losses and overall inconsistency, resulted in Bennett being dismissed on January 14, 1983. He was the first coach in team history to leave the team with a winning record, going 47-44 (including a 1-3 record in the playoffs)

We had 6 players in the pro bowl in 80' and 7 players in 81'. This was with the Smith's checkbook LOL

Edited by falcon057

hey "70"

Who bought the groceries for Leeman Bennett

During his first season in Georgia, Bennett's defense became known as the "Grits Blitz" for its ferocious style and allowing just 129 points, a record for a 14-game season. The overall improvement of the team became evident the following year, when the Falcons defeated the Philadelphia Eagles in the NFC Wild Card game, then put up a strong fight against the defending Super Bowl champion Dallas Cowboys.

After the team endured a losing season in 1979, Bennett led the team to its first NFC West title and a then-team record 12 wins. However, a fourth quarter collapse against the Cowboys in the first round of the playoffs abruptly ended the season.

While another losing record followed in 1981, the team won its final three games, giving hopes of another comeback. However, the strike-shortened 1982 NFL season saw Bennett's team finish 5-4, reaching the postseason in the expanded playoff system, but losing the first round game to the Minnesota Vikings. A late season slump, coupled with the playoff losses and overall inconsistency, resulted in Bennett being dismissed on January 14, 1983. He was the first coach in team history to leave the team with a winning record, going 47-44 (including a 1-3 record in the playoffs)

We had 6 players in the pro bowl in 80' and 7 players in 81'. This was with the Smith's checkbook LOL

Not totally sure but pretty sure it was Eddie LeBaron.

Gotta go with Reeves (One). Not to take our current GM or players for granted, but most of the players on Reeves (One) got us to the SB

And go look at all the dumb moves which is what ultimately got him fired and kept us floundering in mediocrity. Reeves the coach was great, Reeves the GM was horrid...