Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Man21

Help For Nolan In Free Agency

71 posts in this topic

We all know that The O- Line is priority here in the Free Agency Market coming up, and afterwards, The Defensive line will most likely be next. Two guys that will be available that have already been up the Coaching of Nolan are New Orleans DT Aubrayo Franklin (9 year veteran from Tennessee with 4 years of being under the coach in San Fran and btw his 1- year tender is done),and Paul Soliai NT of the Miami Dolphins (5 year veteran of Utah and spent his last two seasons under Nolan as DC) it is a chance that Soliai would ask for a bigger deal since he is younger and just made it to his first pro bowl. TD cant bring Soliai to ATL Franklin could be a good deal for cheap

~ANY THOUGHTS~

That move....Highly unlikely

well, if we don't sign grimes and let abe walk plus if we cut ovie, I think we can get Mario and sign the key players like lofton and HD and still have a few Mils left over.

well, if we don't sign grimes and let abe walk plus if we cut ovie, I think we can get Mario and sign the key players like lofton and HD and still have a few Mils left over.

I Meant that it may be highly unlikely that we sign Mario because of the fact that the Texans will do whatever they can to keep him there. And it may take more than Grimes not being signed and Abe walking, CL may have to be included in that category also.

Io me It jsut sounds like loosing 3 top 10 position players (Grimes, Abe, Ovie)

to get 1 top 5 position player (Mario)

sounds like a little much

ADDED considering the drop off in the replacement of 2 those top 10 players

upgrade 1

serious downgrade in 2

Herr Doktor likes this

YUP

I Meant that it may be highly unlikely that we sign Mario because of the fact that the Texans will do whatever they can to keep him there. And it may take more than Grimes not being signed and Abe walking, CL may have to be included in that category also.

Foster is there priority and they only have about 5 million available in cap space. Unless they cut have their team impossible for both to be signed.

ADDED considering the drop off in the replacement of 2 those top 10 players

upgrade 1

serious downgrade in 2

Abe 34 (8 million) and Ovie 32 (3 Million) both well past their prime versus a Super Mario 27 (12 Million) who is a beast! No brainer to me!

UnrealfalcoN and HashMark like this

Abe 34 (8 million) and Ovie 32 (3 Million) well past their prime versus a Super Mario 27 (12 Million) who isa beast! No brainer to me!

You left out GRIMES they were saying Abe Ovie AND GRIMES

So who plays FB for the Falcons and who plays LCB for the Falcons

you are willing to upgrade 1 DE and really really downgrade FB and LCB

I just do not put Cox and Franks anywhere near Ovie and Grimes

Oh well pinchguts

i don't think that the outside rushers is a problem it is the interior that we struggle with I like both our DTs but the don't get consistent push on the interior to collapse the pocket.

neko likes this

You left out GRIMES they were saying Abe Ovie AND GRIMES

So who plays FB for the Falcons and who plays LCB for the Falcons

you are willing to upgrade 1 DE and really really downgrade FB and LCB

I just do not put Cox and Franks anywhere near Ovie and Grimes

Oh well pinchguts

You missing the point regardless of Grime signing Abe and Ovie count 11 million and Mario about 12 million. As far as FB there are other options FA draft.

HashMark likes this

You left out GRIMES they were saying Abe Ovie AND GRIMES So who plays FB for the Falcons and who plays LCB for the Falcons you are willing to upgrade 1 DE and really really downgrade FB and LCB I just do not put Cox and Franks anywhere near Ovie and Grimes Oh well pinchguts

No one uses a FB in this league. Can you name the FB of the Lions, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Colts, etc...?

No one uses a FB in this league. Can you name the FB of the Lions, Packers, Patriots, Saints, Colts, etc...?

Packers use John Kuhn. Saints have a fullback but i don't recall his name. Texans and Ravens use a fullback. Giants use a fullback and 49ers

UnrealfalcoN likes this

Foster is there priority and they only have about 5 million available in cap space. Unless they cut have their team impossible for both to be signed.

good thing you pointed that out. I forgot about Foster, but for a former number one pick that has been producing, and the chances of picking out a Guard that may ask for a huge deal, that's a tough move, therefore this move may revolve around how much money Foster wants, he may pull a Peyton Manning and take less money to allow the organization to have enough to work on Mario.

good thing you pointed that out. I forgot about Foster, but for a former number one pick that has been producing, and the chances of picking out a Guard that may ask for a huge deal, that's a tough move, therefore this move may revolve around how much money Foster wants, he may pull a Peyton Manning and take less money to allow the organization to have enough to work on Mario.

The Texans are currently $20 million over the salary cap, so deals will have to be restructured and cap casualties are likely to occur regardless of whether Williams returns. Because of the lack of cap flexibility, the Texans are not likely to use the franchise tag on Williams, which could cost them more than $16 million.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/01/22/what-will-texans-do-with-mario-williams

Jackson (6-6/295) is rated No. 3 among interior linemen (centers and guards):

"BUZZ: Jackson will be a four-year starter and should be a three-time All-WAC pick. The Bulldogs are a physical running team and Jackson is a great fit for that offense. Coach Pat Hill has said Jackson might be the best lineman in his 11-season tenure at the school."

I found this in an article of than HC Pat Hill praising Andrew Jackson. This is interesting we may be investing more on the Defensive side in FA an not to much on the O-line. I did hear TD say that there would be competition on both fronts.

The Texans are currently $20 million over the salary cap, so deals will have to be restructured and cap casualties are likely to occur regardless of whether Williams returns. Because of the lack of cap flexibility, the Texans are not likely to use the franchise tag on Williams, which could cost them more than $16 million.

http://www.profootba...-mario-williams

Yea he's most likely out of there then. I would be optimistic and say that we have a great chance in getting him due to the fact that many previous players and coaches have said that they joined Atlanta because they feel that this team is "close to winning it all", but I can't really say that now because Houston went to the play offs as well. This is why my hopes are not as high as if they would be if the Texans had a bad year, because the competition to acquire this guy is going to be tough, and since the competition is high he is going to ask for an eye popping offer. I wouldn't be surprised if our Rival (NO) would make a run at him as well with Spagnolo as DC they may clear up some space to get him, or maybe Carolina, after all he did play in NC State and he may have family there so they might throw a deal that surpasses a deal that we or NO may offer.

Jackson (6-6/295) is rated No. 3 among interior linemen (centers and guards):

"BUZZ: Jackson will be a four-year starter and should be a three-time All-WAC pick. The Bulldogs are a physical running team and Jackson is a great fit for that offense. Coach Pat Hill has said Jackson might be the best lineman in his 11-season tenure at the school."

I found this in an article of than HC Pat Hill praising Andrew Jackson. This is interesting we may be investing more on the Defensive side in FA an not to much on the O-line. I did hear TD say that there would be competition on both fronts.

Read more here: http://fresnobeehive...l#storylink=cpy

If we don't get Nicks I say start him, but I still would at least go for another lineman in the draft or Free Agency just for depth.

You missing the point regardless of Grime signing Abe and Ovie count 11 million and Mario about 12 million. As far as FB there are other options FA draft.

You won't have enough money for Mario plus your FO has shown they won't break the bank for star DE.

^^^

We all know that The O- Line is priority here in the Free Agency Market coming up, and afterwards, The Defensive line will most likely be next. Two guys that will be available that have already been up the Coaching of Nolan are New Orleans DT Aubrayo Franklin (9 year veteran from Tennessee with 4 years of being under the coach in San Fran and btw his 1- year tender is done),and Paul Soliai NT of the Miami Dolphins (5 year veteran of Utah and spent his last two seasons under Nolan as DC) it is a chance that Soliai would ask for a bigger deal since he is younger and just made it to his first pro bowl. TD cant bring Soliai to ATL Franklin could be a good deal for cheap

~ANY THOUGHTS~

He made 12mil last year.