Dwight Freeney For Dunta Robinson

Jay Z

Just read something on Foxsports that talked about how Indy and there new coach (who runs a 3-4 Defense) could look to part ways with Freeney. http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/dwight_freeney_might_be_done_in_indy/9658546 Being that this would be the last year of his contract they would look at the option of trading him. So I wondered if It would be a good Idea to put old Dunta on the table for Freeney. This would obviously mean that the Falcons would not resign JA55, and would have to work out a deal with Brent Grimes. Could this work?

“@evansilva: Best guess is #Colts try to trade Freeney as part of house clean. Won't get much, but he's not playing in 3-4. Brackett cut, Mathis leaves.”

“@evansilva: 2012 is also last year of Freeney's contract. No signing bonus acceleration. #Colts would have big cap savings by trading or cutting him.”

“@evansilva: RT @JMayo_51 Any idea what Freeney could fetch on market? ... $14+M salary is huge roadblock, but can still play. I'd guess 3rd-5th rd pick.”

I would def give up a 5th for him. If we could get 3 good years out of him that'd be great for our D.

"@evansilva: RT @JMayo_51 Any idea what Freeney could fetch on market? ... $14+M salary is huge roadblock, but can still play. I'd guess 3rd-5th rd pick."

I would def give up a 5th for him. If we could get 3 good years out of him that'd be great for our D.

I'll pretend this would ever happen (which it won't). Not worth it. We'd be responsible for his 14 million in salary, and we'd lose 1 mil in cap space from trading Dunta. That would leave us with around 10-11 mil in cap space with many holes to fill.

Edited by jfalconsp

Just read something on Foxsports that talked about how Indy and there new coach (who runs a 3-4 Defense) could look to part ways with Freeney. http://network.yardb...in_indy/9658546 Being that this would be the last year of his contract they would look at the option of trading him. So I wondered if It would be a good Idea to put old Dunta on the table for Freeney. This would obviously mean that the Falcons would not resign JA55, and would have to work out a deal with Brent Grimes. Could this work?

I'll give you 3 pennies for 300.00? How does that sound?

Guest TheIdowu

I'll give you 3 pennies for 300.00? How does that sound?

LMAO! THis pretty much sums up such a trade, OP!

IN other words, it aint happening.

Just read something on Foxsports that talked about how Indy and there new coach (who runs a 3-4 Defense) could look to part ways with Freeney. http://network.yardb...in_indy/9658546 Being that this would be the last year of his contract they would look at the option of trading him. So I wondered if It would be a good Idea to put old Dunta on the table for Freeney. This would obviously mean that the Falcons would not resign JA55, and would have to work out a deal with Brent Grimes. Could this work?

Isn't age a factor??? Who will fill in for Dunta, Owens? How bout I trade you for a bag of Doritos. Nacho Cheese flavor. I think that'll work.