Tired Of The Pissing And Moaning, I'm Throwing Down The Gauntlet

AtlanticFit

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton Manning was 0-3 in first 3 playoff games too. All these Ryan posts are getting annoying.

Not to mention one of those playoff games Peyton Manning( i'll blame it all on Manning to be cool) didn't score a point.

Remind me again why I should care about Peyton Manning and the colts as a Falcons fan?

Oh yeah that's right, I don't give half a runny **** about Peyton Manning what he did/does/doesn't do or the colts.

FOH with them ******** comparisons and half assed reasoning.

Matthew Ryan 0-3 in the playoffs.

Remind me again why I should care about Peyton Manning and the colts as a Falcons fan?

Oh yeah that's right, I don't give half a runny **** about Peyton Manning what he did/does/doesn't do or the colts.

Remind us again why we should give a **** about what you think? Smoke another one.

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

all i know is that until he does something worse then you can't say ****. Ryan's been consistent and the best qb this franchise has seen. If he losses his 4th playoff game in a row then i'll admit it.

To The OP DirtyBirdKert,

I enjoyed reading your post, and I agree with you 100% in your assesment of the current situation. As a long time fan I too can appreciate just how special this team really is. I can relate to the pain of being the worst team in the NFL for years, and the brunt of many jokes through the years. While others are calling for heads to roll I can look back at previous years, then dredge up memories of the falcons past, and wish I had a bottle of whiskey to forget them. I too dislike using stats to prove a point, and preffer to guage results from what I witness.

Mark Twain said "Lies, damned lies, and statisics" so for the statisticly inclined here are some stats for you:

The team finished the 1960s with only 12 wins(4 years =12 wins, last 4 years= 43 wins)

The falcons have not had an award winning candidate at any position since 1968.

That record wasnt broken until 2008(40 years later), when Matt Ryan(Rookie Of The Year), Mike Smith(Coach Of The Year), and Thomas Dimitroff(Executive Of The Year) took over.

The Atlanta Falcons hold the record among all major American sports leagues for the longest streak of seasons without consecutive winning seasons, a streak that lasted from 1966–2008

If you want to claim 2010 as a bust...The Falcons scored 414 points – third-most in franchise history in 2010.[4] The Falcons 2010-2011 team set an NFL-high and franchise-best nine players to the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl.

The current Falcons have achieved more in the last 4 years than the team has in the last 46 years. Its time to set aside your irrational "Burn The Whole Thing Down" mentality, and appreciate what we have on hand. Sure its not perfect, and there is room for improvement. The current falcons are breaking franchise records, and setting a precedent for future falcons. If you need to flash back a little thats fine with me, but I remember when having a back to back winning season hadnt happened yet. Let alone back to back playoff appearances, or even getting a modicum of respect from the media was considered a win. If you want to be a fan of this team, dont just rush the win wagon, and learn the teams past. In case you havent noticed the last three goals have all been achieved by the Ryan/Smith/TD era. Think before you leap little lemmings, Madden says, that is not a cliff your running over, but just a minor bump in the road.

Fan of the falcons? You could have fooled me.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about this team?

Why does my fandom ~ or lack thereof ~ mean anything to you? I post my opinions about this team based on how I feel about the specific issue being discussed. I am going to keep doing that and if that upsets you, then you're going to be very distressed, frustrated and upset for a long, long, long time to come. Maybe you should put me on your ignore list so your panties don't stay in a constant wad...

To The OP DirtyBirdKert,

I enjoyed reading your post, and I agree with you 100% in your assesment of the current situation. As a long time fan I too can appreciate just how special this team really is. I can relate to the pain of being the worst team in the NFL for years, and the brunt of many jokes through the years. While others are calling for heads to roll I can look back at previous years, then dredge up memories of the falcons past, and wish I had a bottle of whiskey to forget them. I too dislike using stats to prove a point, and preffer to guage results from what I witness.

Mark Twain said "Lies, damned lies, and statisics" so for the statisticly inclined here are some stats for you:

The team finished the 1960s with only 12 wins(4 years =12 wins, last 4 years= 43 wins)

That record wasnt broken until 2008(40 years later), when Matt Ryan(Rookie Of The Year), Mike Smith(Coach Of The Year), and Thomas Dimitroff(Executive Of The Year) took over.

The Atlanta Falcons hold the record among all major American sports leagues for the longest streak of seasons without consecutive winning seasons, a streak that lasted from 1966–2008

If you want to claim 2010 as a bust...The Falcons scored 414 points – third-most in franchise history in 2010.[4] The Falcons 2010-2011 team set an NFL-high and franchise-best nine players to the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl.

The current Falcons have achieved more in the last 4 years than the team has in the last 46 years. Its time to set aside your irrational "Burn The Whole Thing Down" mentality, and appreciate what we have on hand. Sure its not perfect, and there is room for improvement. The current falcons are breaking franchise records, and setting a precedent for future falcons. If you need to flash back a little thats fine with me, but I remember when having a back to back winning season hadnt happened yet. Let alone back to back playoff appearances, or even getting a modicum of respect from the media was considered a win. If you want to be a fan of this team, dont just rush the win wagon, and learn the teams past. In case you havent noticed the last three goals have all been achieved by the Ryan/Smith/TD era. Think before you leap little lemmings, Madden says, that is not a cliff your running over, but just a minor bump in the road.

Applaud your optimism but must comment on your Mark twain quote. Lets seperate Facts from "lies, damned lies and statistics". Facts - The Falcons in the last 4 yrs have lost all three playoff appearance and have a less than stellar record against quality teams.

While I'm most appreciative of the last four year win/loss record, that, and the personal awards, to me, fall under the "Lies, damned lies and statistics" categories, and hoplfully it's not what this franchise is settling for, if so then we are doomed to revisit our horrid past

Edited by vabchbirdlover

Guest Dirty Bird Nation ®

To The OP DirtyBirdKert,

Great Post

Why does my fandom ~ or lack thereof ~ mean anything to you? I post my opinions about this team based on how I feel about the specific issue being discussed. I am going to keep doing that and if that upsets you, then you're going to be very distressed, frustrated and upset for a long, long, long time to come. Maybe you should put me on your ignore list so your panties don't stay in a constant wad...

You're the one who is geting upset. That much is evident from the post that I quoted above.

Why does it bother you so much that people don't share your pessmist and hatred of Matt Ryan?