Jump to content

Decoud Makes Pat Y's All Nfc South Team? Wtf?


k-train
 Share

Recommended Posts

I agree with someone on the Pat Chat thread that said dude is basically clueless and just makes careful generalizations that anyone here or on Bleacher Report could make. DeCoud was dam good against the run but he sucked monkey balls in coverage. Yeah he had 4 picks but he also dropped four. He is slow and takes some bad angles as a FS.

SOME bad angles!?!?!?!!!!?????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want some of what Pat Y is smoking. Decoud had ONE good year and has done a disappearing act. He looks completely lost and out of position 90% of the time. The other 10% he spends whiffing and making air tackles. I hope Nolan can coach him up. He has some skills and needs to work on increasing his speed...because he is always trailing a WR or TE. That's not good for someone that's suppose to be the last line of defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had to check the calendar when I first read this. I thought that it might have been April's fool day. But I guess Pat is the only fool one this one. But, are there really any good FS in the NFC South?

You know, I actually thought D. Franks would make a good FS. He definitely has the size and speed--more so than Decoud.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was for best safety, not free safety. I'd take Moore over DeCoud easily.

Ok --my question was stupid anyway --Jenkins is the starting FS for the Saints. He just was not listed on the NFL.com version of the Saints depth chart.

Edited by delaigle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want some of what Pat Y is smoking. Decoud had ONE good year and has done a disappearing act. He looks completely lost and out of position 90% of the time. The other 10% he spends whiffing and making air tackles. I hope Nolan can coach him up. He has some skills and needs to work on increasing his speed...because he is always trailing a WR or TE. That's not good for someone that's suppose to be the last line of defense.

I was not a Decoud fan this season, but I will say that he played really well the last 2 or so games. I will give him credit for that. Sometimes a light just turns on within a player. We'll see, but it showed me that he CAN be very good. Whether or not he WILL be is up to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to admit, I am anxious to see what the D looks like this year with a capable DC. Decoud, Robinson, Owens, etc get a lotta hate on these boards (Personally, I can't stand Owens), but I wonder how much is the players and how much was BVG...

Does Reynolds get a free pass?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does Reynolds get a free pass?

Not at all, and that's the reason both are no longer here. I think if it was simply a case of the players not doing there jobs, you would have seen less coaches get the ax. Quite frankly, the fact that they stuck with the players and got rid of the coaches tells me that maybe it was just an issue of gameplanning and not adjusting to our players strengths...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not at all, and that's the reason both are no longer here. I think if it was simply a case of the players not doing there jobs, you would have seen less coaches get the ax. Quite frankly, the fact that they stuck with the players and got rid of the coaches tells me that maybe it was just an issue of gameplanning and not adjusting to our players strengths...

It's a lot easier and cheaper to fire coaches than a bunch of players. Not that I disagree that at least some of the previous coaches needed to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a lot easier and cheaper to fire coaches than a bunch of players. Not that I disagree that at least some of the previous coaches needed to go.

Normally, yes, but not in our case. Sanders, Decoud, Grimes, etc are all without contracts for the time being. If they thought it was all or even mostly on the players, they would have just let them walk and replaced them. I think we both feel the same way, both were at fault, but hopefully Nolan can gameplan to their strengths and not run that soft-zone BS that torched us last year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's somewhere in my heart that wants to say that the lockout may have heart the falcons. Sam Baker was not this bad last year, not even against not even the best passrushers. Decoud was not that horrible either. Roddy did not drop this many passes. I just can't understand

EVERY team went through the lockout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our run rush defense suffers when decoud isn't in. Sanders was not playing the run well. Yes decoud did have some coverage lapse issues but he is a young player 3 year starter that switched to FS when Moore came in.

Personally I never understood the switch decoud was playing very effectively at the position. Moore is also excelled there. I think willy mo has some benefit of playing behind grimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...