Matt Ryan's Contract Year

Hardyfalcon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately were stuck with the choir boy. Basically another company man who looks good on paper but can't close when it counts. Were the only team that has progressivley gotten better in thelast 4 years that no one is concerned about even when we make the playoffs again next year. Put simply... Were all looking for something we haven't seen

Lifes a game U gotta play it while U can!!!!!!

Ryan will get an extension. I don't know if it will be the 100 million dollar kind, but he will stay with the team. To much is invested in him, and he has a very good record outside of the playoffs. There are no replacements for him at this time or in the near future IMO. Barring injury and a total collapse in his abilities, then he is a Falcon for a long time to come.

It looks like we're stuck with him. He sure isn't worth whatever we are paying him.

My god, re-sign him???? How is that even a question, Ryan is easily the best QB in the league right now. So what if he hasn't yet won a Superbowl. Brady, Brees, Mannings have nothing when it comes to the calm, cool, and collected raw talents of Matty Ice.

lol..you should of saved your 10th post for some other time instead of wasting it on this ridiculous homerism...

Matt Ryan is going into the final year of his contract, if he has another average year do you think we will try to resign him or upgrade at the position? Also do you think the reason the team still hasn't signed him to an extension is because the jury is still out on him?

When was his first average year?

Matt Ryan is going into the final year of his contract, if he has another average year do you think we will try to resign him or upgrade at the position? Also do you think the reason the team still hasn't signed him to an extension is because the jury is still out on him?

Uh ANOTHER AVG Year? He broke the franchise passing record this year, I'd hardly call that average. People simply have no perspective anymore, he has improved every year.

Mark Sanchez had 32 total TDs. Yes, that's average.

Mark Sanchez was in a pass first offense and STILL had a ****** season.

Matt Ryan was stuck behind an offense with no identity. No brains for playcalling, and STILL finished with 4,000+ passing yards and 31 TD's.

Put that in your juice box and suck it

matt ryan is gonna get 90 to 100 mil next contract, easily. maybe 120 depending on the cap and length of the contract.

huh?

i hope your joking. hes good/great but no way he deserves Manning, Brady, Brees type of contract YET. maybe if he can lead us to come post season wins. but as of now and his regular season wins i can see him getting a 6-7 years 70-85 million contract

huh?

i hope your joking. hes good/great but no way he deserves Manning, Brady, Brees type of contract YET. maybe if he can lead us to come post season wins. but as of now and his regular season wins i can see him getting a 6-7 years 70-85 million contract

he consistently gets you into the playoffs every year at least for the last 4 years 3 out of the 4. say he gets you to the playoffs a 5th year gets the "monkey" off his back etc. getting pummeled through out the season still breaking a long held franchise record, etc. all his accomplishments getting the michael vick out of everyones mouth. etc. he wins in the playoffs next year every round he wins is another 10 - 15 mil i think.

he consistently gets you into the playoffs every year at least for the last 4 years 3 out of the 4. say he gets you to the playoffs a 5th year gets the "monkey" off his back etc. getting pummeled through out the season still breaking a long held franchise record, etc. all his accomplishments getting the michael vick out of everyones mouth. etc. he wins in the playoffs next year every round he wins is another 10 - 15 mil i think.

People won't stop talking about Vick until Ryan get some playoffs. Vick got us to the NFC Championship. He even beat Farve and the Packers on the road in a playoff game. Matty needs some playoff wins. I hope he takes us to the Super Bowl next year.

I'm not sure why this is even a Question in Falcon Fans Minds. I'm wondering why fans are so quick to forget where this team was 4 years ago during the "Michael Vick" fiasco, of which, WE HAD NO HEAD COACH, NO QUARTERBACK....tickets sales must have dropped below 50%, and....worst of all...WE WERE A "SCANDAL IN THE WORLD OF SPORTS".

Although NONE of that was the Falcons Fault (yet, they knew how Volatile Vick was), in the end, The Falcons suffered MORE THAN VICK, not even mentioning the Salaries paid out to Players & Coaches that were no longer with the team.

So, let's recap the last 4 years.....WE'VE BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS IN 3 OF THE LAST 4 YEARS, and, We have our SELF RESPECT BACK.

Why? - Because of "Matt Ryan & Mike Smith".

Enough Said.

huh?

He is not taking a pay cut, his first contract averaged 12 million per year.

huh?

so you think he will get a deal no better than his rookie deal?

If he gets and offer like that he will be taking some other team to the playoffs every year.